PDA

View Full Version : Daily Work

RainInanna
November 7th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Just curious, what are you doing in terms of regular exercises and rituals - ie. visualization, meditation, LBRP, chakra balancing, yoga, etc.

The first chapter of the book I'm following suggests a relaxation exercise, an attention exercise (focusing on the sensations of the body and not moving), and a recall exercise (recalling the day's events in reverse order at the end of the day), along with a daily review of the tarot, on a daily basis. I've also been doing the LBRP almost every day and journalling.

Fr. INRI
November 7th, 2005, 08:41 PM
My daily rites include the Star Ruby, followed by a Thelemic variation of the Middle Pillar, and a Star Sapphire when the mood strikes me.

magickman12
December 2nd, 2005, 11:48 PM
My daily work includes astral versions of the LBRP and BRH performed in my temple not made by any hands. However, these are not versions found in any book, but rather variants that have come to me in pathworking upon the Tree. Only the structure is recognizable as having anything to do with the standard rituals. I also do the MPR bodily. In busier days, it might just be the MPR and/or some meditation. I used to do Tarot visualizations, but after having completed all 78 cards at least once, I decided to take a break.

punxzen
December 31st, 2005, 03:02 AM
would that book happen to be 'learning ritual magick' by greer? i was browsing through that recently in the bookstore and the first chapter suggests those same things.

my only daily things are a form of mantra meditation and a pranayama excercise i picked up from a kundalini yogi friend of mine

i used to do a lot more when i wasnt such a vagabond... lbrp on waking and before bed, tarot meditations, asanas, and pranayama

RainInanna
December 31st, 2005, 12:24 PM
Yep, that's the one. Sadly I haven't disciplined myself to do that part daily long enough so haven't gone on to the next chapter.

Since I first posted in this thread things have changed. Now I'm just spinning chakras up to twice daily and doing LBRP irregularly. Also starting to try some exercises in various Wiccan books to improve on my focus and visualization. But basically lots of chakra spinning works for me ;)

punxzen
December 31st, 2005, 03:56 PM
can you explain chakra spinning? is that just like meditating on the chakra til you feel it spinning?

have you found certain techniques that are more effective? have you ever tried any kundalini yoga? do you like being asked questions? is this a question?

edited to add more questions: could you recommend one good wiccan book with some sweet excercises? would you mind mentioning some of the wiccan style excercises you are doing?

RainInanna
December 31st, 2005, 04:21 PM
can you explain chakra spinning? is that just like meditating on the chakra til you feel it spinning?

Yeah, spinning or opening or charging up with energy. Sometimes they're pinwheels, roses, balls of energy, points in a spiral going upwards from base to crown, shades of energy change, or focuses for aspects and ideas. Sometimes I'm purifying my aura or charging it or just playing with energy. It's really more a matter of play for me rather than technique.

have you ever tried any kundalini yoga?

Not yet.

could you recommend one good wiccan book with some sweet excercises?

Starhawk's Spiral Dance (I need to get my hands on a copy of it again), there's also T Thorn Coyle's Evolutionary Witchcraft for play. I also like Silver Ravenwolf for simple energy play and visualizations ;)

Yeah I like questions - answering them and asking them to share ideas :)

sidhe
January 4th, 2006, 12:19 PM
My daily work is an LBRP, followed by a banishing LRH, then the Middle Pillar, followed by some Thelemic devotions.

taijiya
January 9th, 2006, 02:57 PM
Mostly I like to do Resh, either on the astral or in my physical temple, but I'm thinking of incorporating the Star Ruby on a more regular basis as well. Beyond that, yoga when I can work it in, meditation (zazen), and journaling.