PDA

View Full Version : Journalling

RainInanna
November 7th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Do you journal every day and if so format/elements do you include. Date, time, weather, exercises, impressions, mood, physical feelings, etc.?

Fr. INRI
November 7th, 2005, 08:42 PM
I don't have a journal per se, but I do have my grimoire/book of conjurations. Its a blank diary which sadly needs to be rebound, its seen quite a bit of use.

SilverClaw
November 21st, 2005, 10:57 PM
I had one started but it has kind of been left for a lengthy space of time.

magickman12
November 21st, 2005, 11:55 PM
I have different journals. My magick journal records the Moon, time, day, weather and my physical and emotional state. Then i detail what i did and any effects, sensations, epiphanies, etc. I also take note of my astrological transits. When I pathwork, i mark down what i learned.
Journaling has been very helpful. Once, I encountered a dark entity. The candles around my room all started hissing and crackling. Something was banging on my wall. I felt this very large presence just over my left shoulder as I was making my first banishing pentagram. My left side turned cold and my hair stood up. afterwards, i looked through my journal because I remembered something like that happening before.
I found the passage and read that the last time this happened, i noted that i was going through a Mars/Neptune transit. I looked at my current transits and saw that I was going through another harsh Mars/Neptune transit. Now, i make sure i know what transits i am going through before i perform ritual.

SilverClaw
November 22nd, 2005, 02:19 AM
magickman12 that is certainly and interesting experince and one good reason to keep a journal I say. :)

Dave the Druid
November 29th, 2005, 09:55 AM
I used to keep a journal for many years, my books go back more than 10 years. I had to stop when they were being read by my wife. It's hard to put everything you feel on paper when someone is reading it.
As to content: date, weather, moon phase and then the drivel of the day; expirences, feelings and things noticed of oracular nature.