PDA

View Full Version : Questions

MiyokoStar
November 11th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Ok well I just had some questions.

I just recently had the thought that i might be Empathic, this idea came to me from my friend. I was just hoping to get some answeres.Um well i guess my first question is how are you positive that you are Empathic or not?

Pesha
November 11th, 2005, 07:24 PM
I personally feel that it is something that presents itself and you begin to see it working in you all the time. The level of empathy also varies to being a bit sensitive to strong full on empath. It takes time and patience to figure out where you fit in hun. So hanging out here and reading and asking more Q's is a good way to begin on your path.

BB
DS.

MiyokoStar
November 11th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Well thank i 'preciate it. another question, how do you tell if its some on elses emotions or your just being moody ,like at that time of the month. i just wanted to know cause sometimes it confussese me

SylverStar
November 12th, 2005, 05:54 AM
It is a bit confusing. Sometimes someone elses emotions may even put you in that same mood. I find that trying to get away for a moment and clear your head...and actually sift through how you feel helps...I find that whatever someone else is feeling fades and my emotions stay...it maybe different for someone with stronger senses though....that just works for me.

LostSheep
November 12th, 2005, 06:01 AM
I find that sometimes I'll be in the kind of mood where I'm feeling generally kind of receptive, then something i might read can trigger it, or i might suddenly feel kind of overwhelmed for no apparent reason . But then sometimes I can be feel perfectly ok, then I'll be overhwhelmed by soemthing completely out of the blue ... yesterday was kind of like that.
I'm not a girl, so I don't think that can be anything to do with it ... it's just, like, how it is with me ...

MiyokoStar
November 12th, 2005, 05:00 PM
wow thanks this is all very imformative. This is really amazing, see SylverStar, what you siad is really fimmilar i can be perfectly fine reading and then feel compleatly different after reading something else, and sometimes, this is just an example, i was reading the second Harry Potter book and i was at the part where his bons get broken in his arm and then they are gone. and i felt my on are get really hevy and ach,, is that kind of what your talking about?

and Lost Sheep i think i know what your talking about

SylverStar
November 12th, 2005, 05:40 PM
Awe books and movies...yeah. Wait till you get farther in the series. But yeah...that is a form of empathy. Books usually don't have much affect on me as people or even movies...but if I do get caught up in a book, it does take me a bit afterwards to normalize.

MiyokoStar
November 12th, 2005, 05:56 PM
oh ive read all of them and its the same, its just that was the first one that came to mind. but is it Empatic if you can tell when people are lying? like sometimes my friend will be talking to me and i sense somethings wrong and they say nothing and i know there lying..

frigga
November 13th, 2005, 08:13 PM
Yep! I seem to always know when someone is lying, to me or otherwise. It's just a sensation I get in my gut, and it's always the same sensation. It's the same when I know a situation will turn out alright. I'm not sure if that's more psychic than empathic though, as I tend to cross the two at times.

MiyokoStar
November 13th, 2005, 10:13 PM
well ok that makes sense, So then im safe in assuming i am empathic that good to know but, do you have any controll over whos emotions you recive? liek last night i was feeling crappy but my friend was hyper and i just couldnt seem to feel with her..

SylverStar
November 14th, 2005, 05:10 AM
I would say you have some empathic abilities...but it does seem to be on the less sensitive side (which can be a good thing). As far as which emotions you recieve it depends on filtering/shielding. I haven't had a chance to look over this whole forum yet, but I'm sure there are topics on just that. You may be blocking out a lot of emotions as a subconcious response (that's what I did), so on that end it would be figuring out how to turn blocks into filters to let some stuff through.

MiyokoStar
November 14th, 2005, 02:19 PM
ohh ok well i guess that makes sense.. and yeah i agree even on the sensible side empathy can get kinda of hard to deal with.