PDA

View Full Version : Empathy and sensing spirits?

Walking Spirit
November 11th, 2005, 10:15 PM
I was just wondering....when I sense spirits I can usually sense (at least I think I can) the general "mood" of what is around. Is this from the empathic side of me or a general thing that everyone feels.

I have lots of questions - just trying to stagger them a bit :thumbsup:

BrigidMoon
November 11th, 2005, 10:20 PM
I was just wondering....when I sense spirits I can usually sense (at least I think I can) the general "mood" of what is around. Is this from the empathic side of me or a general thing that everyone feels.

I think it has a lot to do with empathy. I receive usually and dont see. But my hubby sees.

Aleannah
November 18th, 2005, 02:28 PM
I believe it is from the empathy side...most people don't "feel" the vibration of the room as soon as they walk in. I also receive but don't see...and my hubby sees as well.

phoenixblayze
November 19th, 2005, 10:16 AM
i recieve, and on a few instances i see.

Lorelei of the Mists
November 19th, 2005, 12:46 PM

Pesha
November 19th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Absolutly the empathics help and bring on the vibratrions of the otherworld. I see and sometimes hear. I am a sender and a receiver. And I have had the pants scared off of me sometimes. My first experience was when I was just 3yr. I heard the scratching sound first and then looked up and saw the hand moving along the wall. A ladies hand with ruffles on her wrist. Yes I remember it well. Scared me so bad, I wet my pants and had no way to make my mum understand why I had. I just cried, alot. So, since then it has been my habit not to say too much about some of the things I can do. Sacres me too. Sorry did not mean to ramble on so.

BB
DS.

Teresa
November 19th, 2005, 07:43 PM
My grandmother told me when I was very young that it was because I was sensitive that I could see and feel the spirits. She had the same gifts and helped me greatly. I was never afraid but I did scare the crap out of my parents a few times. Especially when they asked who I was talking to. They never understood . My grandparents ended up raising me. I will be eternally thankful for that.

Well , I said all of that to give some background on why I think it is more than likely someone whom is an "empath" would feel or see or even converse with spirits.

LadyAriana
November 20th, 2005, 12:27 PM
I too sense the presence of spirts rather than See then. Only once did I see something, and I think it was a side effect of my friend's Seeing a very angry spirit one night. All I got was this black bit in my vision, a shadowy image. Normally I feel that something is there, but when I pick up emotions its usually the angry ones. I used to live next door to a funeral home, so there was always a lot of traffic through my house. Mostly just people a little confused as to their new status and we had an agreement that they would stay out of my room so I could sleep in peace.

Heart of Isis
November 20th, 2005, 07:31 PM

Yes, definitely an Empathic thing. Empaths tend to be sensitives as well. Makes perfect sense don't it? Being an Empath myself, I do instantainously read residual energy or current energy if in a room full of people. I can even do it long distance sometimes. Well actually, it just happens I can't seem to switch it on and off. Yes, it is also possible to sense spirits depending on the strengh of the energy.
It's all part of the gift.

Heart of Isis

Crystal Raven
November 21st, 2005, 07:47 AM
sorry newbie empath chimming in...
so this is "normal" too??? in my worst case I became very very attached to a house we lived in. it had 2 spirits, a woman that baked cookies and was very sad, and a happy old guy that smoked a pipe (I even have a pic of one of them by accident, its an obvious orb) and i knew how sad she was but could never figure out why, everybody else was scared of her, but she never did us any harm.
Also I cried and cried and cried when we had to move from that house almost 5 years ago (unusual cause at that point we moved alot and i never cried about it).
Then when we moved back to the area 3 years later, i was compelled to ask hubby to drive me to the house so i could see it, was actually excited about it, but when we got there, just outside in the car of course, i burst into tears and cried almost all the way home.

sorry to ramble, but its amazing to find others that feel/do the same things as me, makes me feel not so "odd".

Walking Spirit
November 21st, 2005, 06:19 PM
Doesn't it feel so good to know that you are not alone in this and/or not losing your mind. I don't any one can fully understand how glad I am to have found MW. I have been looking for a long time. I have come to believe that I wasn't ready then, but am now. I feel at home here. :rolleyes:

Crystal Raven
November 21st, 2005, 07:03 PM
Doesn't it feel so good to know that you are not alone in this and/or not losing your mind.
yes it does

I feel at home here
thank you to all of you for sharing your home with me :ringaroun

phoenixblayze
November 22nd, 2005, 04:43 PM
and shay shay, that is not strange at all, you forged an emotional bond with the residing spirits in the house of a deep level. that can happen to people like us.