PDA

View Full Version : Yule Contest--2005 (MW members only)

Yasmine Galenorn
November 14th, 2005, 06:54 PM
Okay, for MW members only. To say thank you to my friends here, and my readers, I'll give away a surprise Yule gift basket for the release of my new Chintz 'n China book--A Harvest of Bones.

The basket will include a signed copy of that book, along with a signed copy of the first India Ink book--Scent to Her Grave, that just came out, and a few other goodies. Contest runs till midnight (PST) December 25th.

11/16: Edit to add: Since I'm getting a lot of entries here, I'm adding three runner up prizes (also random pick out of eligible entries) for a signed copy of A Harvest of Bones each. And yes, I will ship prizes overseas, so you can enter if you live in Europe or Australia or Canada. :)

:santasmil :santasmil :santasmil :santasmil :santasmil :santasmil :santasmil :santasmil :santasmil :santasmil :santasmil :santasmil :santasmil :santasmil :santasmil :santasmil :santasmil :santasmil :santasmil :santasmil

To enter: PM me with a note that includes:

Your name
The answer to this question: in the first chapter of Murder Under A Mystic Moon (which can be found here on my site (http://www.galenorn.com/teashop/default.asp?body=asmuamm.htm)), what is the name of the town celebration that is coming up? Don't post the answer in this thread!

BUT DO POST something in this thread about a special memory you have of a past Yule/Christmas (or something you plan on doing this year). And I want them to be happy thoughts :)

Everybody who follows directions and gets the right answer will be eligible to win. If you're the random winner, I'll PM you for your address so keep those PM boxes tidy.

REMINDER to folks: the name of the festival is not a generic one--a couple people have put generic 'fall' festival notes--the name is found IN the first chapter, not on the website page. Click on 'read the first chapter' link, which is pretty easy to find on that page.

I make nice little gift baskets, so it's worth it. ~grins~

Yasmine :colorful:

ObsessedFae86
November 14th, 2005, 07:20 PM
I have a nice Yule planned for this year :) Its my son's first Yule..Last year we celebrated Christmas. I hope to decorate the Yule tree with him as well as have the fireplace decorated with stockings and seasonal decorations. We are going to have lots of food and I would love to have a Yule log :)

Sage Rainsong
November 14th, 2005, 07:28 PM
My X-mas holidays are usually pretty fun. My family consists of very loud drunken Italian stereotypes, so you can imagine the fun. However, my first Yule ritual was pretty fun. I was in Salem with a friend of mine. There wasn't any moving ritual experiences but it was fairly nice. What was fun was before and after. There was a little arts and crafts table there. We made our own little Yule tree ornaments and we got to play with glitter and clay. At first I felt a little silly but that passed and I let my inner child out. It was a blast. After we had a nice potluck. The people were nice, friendly and warm. It was very moving.

enchancea
November 14th, 2005, 07:35 PM
Ill be going to Long Island for Christmas to visit my bf's family. It'll be interesting since a rather large Italian family.

Crystal Raven
November 14th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Every Yule in the evening after all the presents & dinner, we bundle all the kids up (we have 5), make thermoses of hot chocolate and packages of treats (scones, sugar cookies, reindeer poop, indoor smores & candy canes) and drive (we live out in the country, too far to walk) around our town & the outskirts looking at all the Christmas lights & displays. We also honk, wave out the window and yell "Happy Holidays" at everyone we see while we do our tour!!!

Yasmine Galenorn
November 14th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Sounds like you're all planning to do some new things this year! I love Yule...love the sparkly lights. I have a tendency to get depressed in winter (SAD) so the season really helps with the bright lights, etc., because here it's so overcast and gloomy. This year we're throwing our annual open house and hoping to get a couple friends up the night before (not on Yule proper) to watch movies and make goodies for the party.

REMINDER to folks: the name of the festival is not a generic one--a couple people have put generic 'fall' festival notes--the name is found IN the first chapter, not on the website page. Click on 'read the first chapter' link, which is pretty easy to find on that page.

Yazza :colorful:

Patriciaj
November 14th, 2005, 08:47 PM
The best Christmas I can remember was about 18 years ago. It was a couple of weeks before Christmas and I came down with the worst case of strep throat that I had ever had. I was out of work and didn't have any money to buy my son (3) and daughter (1) any gifts. On top of feeling like crap with the strep, I felt worse not being able to buy any gifts. I remember laying on the couch feeling like death when there was a knock on my door. I got up to answer it and there stood the liquor salesman for the bar I worked at. He had this huge box with him. I was shocked when I opened the box and found it full of gifts for my children. There were toys, clothes, coats, and in his hand he had an envelope with a gift certificate to the local grocery store for $100 for me. He told me that he entered my name into his company's contest for the person who deserved this gift. Apparently every salesman gets to submit a name of the person they believe deserved a special Christmas, and I won. I was so touched, as it couldn't have come at a more needed time.

WtchyChick13
November 15th, 2005, 03:23 AM
Every Christmas/Yule is a special one for me so narrowing this down to just one memory will be very hard to do...but I'll give it a go!

I think my favorite memories are when I was young and my parents were still together. We had a huge apt. that my Mother would decorate from top to bottom (she'd give some of the home stores a real run for their money!). She was baking from Thanksgiving until Christmas so running out of cookies was never a problem.

On Christmas Eve, Dad would make a fire in the fire place where our stockings were hung (of course!) and we'd light a ton of candles then turn off all of the lights. We'd all huddle on the couch together, me with my cocoa and Mom and Dad with their mulled wine and we'd watch Christmas Eve on Sesame Street together! (That's when they still showed it every Christmas Eve on PBS.) Then onto some other Christmas special, most likely Mr. Magoo's Christmas Carol and also we'd catch just a little bit of the Yule Log. (If you don't know what that is, you don't know what you missed! LOL)

Then I got the old, "Santa can't come if you're still awake!" So it was off to bed for me. Not sleep, just to bed. :lol:

That was an amazing time in my life. Looking back, it seems surreal that it actually went on like that for many years--like a movie. But it did. And because it did and because my parents had/have such a love for the holidays I still do today. I've never lost it's magick. I still cry at the commercials, get chills when I know there's going to be a special on and I still (I swear) take out my highlighter pen and highlight all the upcoming specials and movies in that weeks TV Guide!

My mother and I have similar traditions that we still do to this day and even though I'm older now...I wouldn't trade them in for the world.

Happy Holidays All! :hugz:

Salanthos
November 15th, 2005, 12:21 PM
I remember, when I was about 10, I think, all three of us children had a pre-christmas meeting a couple days before (we celebrated the commercial christmas only, not religious). that was my older brother of 11, my younger of 7, and I. after discussion, we regretfully decided we could no longer beleive in santa even a little bit (too many parental coincidences, but we had hoped for hard evidence before giving up completely). off we went, to our own rooms.

I thought hard about why our parents would tell us such a story. I finally decided that it was to foster belief, wonder, and hope in us. Belief, Wonder and Hope, I thought... Idea!

And so it was on Christmas morning when presents were being unwrapped, a confusion occured. Mom and Dad stared at four alien packages under the tree. these were beautifuly wrapped, in fine, fancy wrapping paper with ribbons, and looked odd indeed next to our sloppily wrapped gifts. everyone - and I do mean everyone, including me - was surprised. my younger brother picked one up. it said, from Santa.

at this point, we were all confused. my parents, because they had not bought these, and the wrapping was too good to be our own efforts (even if we'd had paper anything like these). and me - I was confused because I'd only added two! it turns out my older brother had had the same idea...

we'd both gotten the presents wrapped at the booths set up to raise money, and we'd chosen the same paper. since it was the same booth, the 'santa' signatures were the same. and so all four looked like the same person had given them! and since it was general family gifts rather than specific (candles, box of candy, stuff like that), it wasn't obvious which of us had done it (because of who hadn't bought a present for themselves).
Highly amusing, yeah?

Yasmine Galenorn
November 15th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Some great stories so far! You know, one of my favorite memories was the second Yule that Samwise and I were together. He knew my favorite perfume was Opium--expensive, and we were dirt poor. We even ended up giving our friends cookies for Yule because that's all we could afford to make.

Well, I didn't expect anything beyond a trinket for a gift--I knew we didn't have money at the time, but it was just so wonderful to have someone that I could really celebrate with--who wanted to celebrate and put up a tree and all that.

Come Yule evening, we opened our gifts. I'd bought him something small, a T-shirt or something that I knew he'd like. But when I opened my gift, I found a box (and I'm talking like a box that would hold a ream of typing paper or more) filled with chocolates. I see there's something under the candy (they were miniature chocolate bars) and wow...it was an Opium gift set--perfume, powder and lotion! I just stared at him and asked, "How on earth did you find the money for this?"

And that's when I got my real gift. The gift that showed me just how much I meant to him. He told me he'd spent several months collecting soda cans and recycling them for money. To get enough money to buy that gift set, he had to have collected hundreds of them. For him to take that much time, to go to that much effort to give me something I loved, told me I'd truly found my Knight in Leather Armor.

I'll never forget that year, no matter how many gifts we can give each other now. That one year stands out in my mind...

WitchJezebel
November 15th, 2005, 03:45 PM
My fondest Yule memory to date was about 5-6 years ago. I was living in California and I had several friends in CA who where originally from NY where I grew up. None of us had money to fly East for the holidays so we had a 'misfit' Yule at my house. Everybody brought a dish and we had beer, wine, lots of music and fun. Then myself and 2 other witches did a small ritual that included the other non pagan guests, it was very loving and full of good energy. I'd like to do it that way again soon if I could.

purple dragon
November 16th, 2005, 11:31 AM
my memory is last year, spending christmas and yule with my dad for the first time in about 7 years. it felt like a proper christmas, not just like a normal day.

DragonsChest
November 16th, 2005, 12:08 PM
When we used to live in Arlington, TX, about 9-10 years ago, I held a cookie decorating party for my kids, and since they were going to be getting all gooey and sticky with frosting, I thought why not have the kids on the street come too. I bought undecorated sugar cookies in the shape of bells, wreaths, stockings, etc, and they were the good cookies, too, big thick sturdy sugar cookies from Cookie Bouquet. Then I had each kid bring a thing of cookie sprinkles, some frosting, and themselves.

My kitchen floor was tiled, and we had enough room in there for the kitchen table to be opened out, and the kids to stand around it. Each kiddo could have one of each cookie design, and then they pooled their decorating goodies (and I had lots available too), and went to town!! It didn't matter if they got sprinkles or frosting on the floor, because I just mopped the whole kitchen floor when they went home. The party lasted about an hour or so.

It was so popular that when Christmas rolled around the next year, the kids were asking me if I was going to do it again. Mine wanted to have another, so we did, and then also the third year after that. I have lots of pics of kids with sparkly sugar and frosting on their faces, and grins from ear to ear.

Santa made out very well in the cookie department each Christmas Eve!

Wyrdsister
November 16th, 2005, 01:43 PM
My favourite thing of all of my Christmases past is the Christmas Eve party we always threw. We invited everyone we loved over to our place on Christmas Eve for food, drink, and lots of laughs. :D My Mom makes sure we had tonnes of chocolate and baked goods, and trust me, there were always tonnes of left overs. *yum!* I'm sure my parents will be continuing the tradition this year.

Also this year I'll be getting together with my local pagan circle to welcome the sun on Dec. 21 morning. We'll be gathering at the edge of the local river (locally known as "the Green") to watch the sunrise. Parents will be bringing their kids as well. There will be lots of hot chocolate and hot apple cider (and I'm sure some coffee for us morning challenged folk ;)). Great times!

Wyrdsister

Yasmine Galenorn
November 16th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Some nice entries here...*grins* A few more from folks and I may add a couple runner up prizes. We're getting a nice little number going.

BrigidMoon
November 16th, 2005, 02:47 PM
My mom nor my dad were very religious people. However, they were very spiritual. One of the traits that my sister and I acquired from our parents was the ability to create music. We all could sing very well and enjoyed singing together as a family. Once my sister and I got a little older, we would harmonize together. It was a great time of year and such beautiful songs to sing as well.

One night it was just Mama and I. My dad and sister were out shopping for our gifts and it was very quiet. So we finished making dinner and set it to keep warm on the stove. My mom lit ALL the candles in the house. She always decorated the main floor with candles. Even the bathroom was lit up! We dimmed all the lights and let the house GLOW. What a warm feeling!

Then, Mama told me to sit up on the couch. She turned to the stereo and put in the tape. As it started I could hear the familiar Christmas Contada that she and daddy sung when I was little. She grabbed the chorus book and we sat together, snuggled up close. We wait for our parts and sang and sang and sang. Just the two of us. We even sang Halleluiah chorus together. It was wonderful because I am an alto and she's a soprano.

I will always remember that night. The closeness we shared. Just us. Sitting together feeling our love and the love for the season; of good will and joy overcome us. I don't think I have shared that type of spiritual closeness with my mama since that night. That night I understood what she meant when she said that your beliefs are a personal choice. From that moment, I knew she would love me no matter which church I belonged to or what denomination. She is my mama and she loves me for me.

Brenda
November 16th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Well, my parents got divorced a few years ago, and ever since then I've had some pretty horrible christmas experiences, I don't have contact with my dad, so the day that people are supposed to spend with family, I used to spend with my mother, just the 2 of us.

But last year, I got tired of it, and suggested to my mother to volunteer with an organization that provides christmas dinner for homeless people, so we would do something useful.
And to my big surprise it was fun!
We spend the whole day there, and it's just so amazing how grateful all those people are.
They have such an interesting life, it's amazing, I thought they'd all be depressed or so, but they weren't, they really cheered christmas day up for me and my mother.
Presents can never replace the love we got there. :)

BrigidMoon
November 16th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Well, my parents got divorced a few years ago, and ever since then I've had some pretty horrible christmas experiences, I don't have contact with my dad, so the day that people are supposed to spend with family, I used to spend with my mother, just the 2 of us.

But last year, I got tired of it, and suggested to my mother to volunteer with an organization that provides christmas dinner for homeless people, so we would do something useful.
And to my big surprise it was fun!
We spend the whole day there, and it's just so amazing how grateful all those people are.
They have such an interesting life, it's amazing, I thought they'd all be depressed or so, but they weren't, they really cheered christmas day up for me and my mother.
Presents can never replace the love we got there. :)

I think that rocks! :)

LisaT4P
November 16th, 2005, 04:29 PM
This Yule I get to be the priestess for our ritual. I get to do all the fun planning and stuff! One idea is to have my boys (ages 6 and 8) dress up as the Holly & Oak Kings and battle, although that may result in a trip to the hospital. ;)

The other idea is to have 3 of us draw down aspects of the Goddess (Maiden Mother & Crone) since this time of year has always been sort of confusing as to what phase she is in.

I can't wait, and I have lots of new cookware so my cookies will be FAB!

Yasmine Galenorn
November 16th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Hey folks! I just found out I have copyedits of A Blush With Death coming in tomorrow, due on the 1st, and I'm on deadline for another book on December 31st. So I will be checking in on the contest entries every few days instead of a couple times a day, but don't worry--I'll be around. You just might not hear from me for a day or so after you enter. Be patient, please. :)

BrigidMoon
November 17th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Hey folks! I just found out I have copyedits of A Blush With Death coming in tomorrow, due on the 1st, and I'm on deadline for another book on December 31st. So I will be checking in on the contest entries every few days instead of a couple times a day, but don't worry--I'll be around. You just might not hear from me for a day or so after you enter. Be patient, please. :)

Woot! BUMP! :)

GalenaFaolan
November 17th, 2005, 08:22 PM
I try to make every holiday special for my family. Yule/Christmas is an especially big time around our house.

The house gets decorated to the max, well inside anyway. :D We string lights around the windows, the tree gets put up on Thanksgiving day. I have cinnamon brooms hanging around the house....love that smell!! My autumn flowers are exchanged for winter decor, pinecones (which we find many right outside) and decorative little red and green balls, fake winter type flowers, 2 small brooms that have Merry Christmas on them. Tinsel gets strung round the stair railing. The house is very festive!

For Yule, my daughter and I sit down and read a Yule story together. To be true to our more imaginative sides, we then expound on the tale or we usually make one up of our own. It can quickly degenerate into silliness but that's the best part of it!
She helps me bake cookies for ourselves and others. We craft presents for friends and family alike. She'll come up with an idea of her own that we incorporate into things as well.
It's time for our little family to be together and have some fun. Not one year has gone by that we don't do something special and make time to celebrate and be thankful we have each other.

Yasmine Galenorn
November 20th, 2005, 12:55 PM
I try to make every holiday special for my family. Yule/Christmas is an especially big time around our house.

The house gets decorated to the max, well inside anyway. :D We string lights around the windows, the tree gets put up on Thanksgiving day. I have cinnamon brooms hanging around the house....love that smell!! My autumn flowers are exchanged for winter decor, pinecones (which we find many right outside) and decorative little red and green balls, fake winter type flowers, 2 small brooms that have Merry Christmas on them. Tinsel gets strung round the stair railing. The house is very festive!

Oh, I'm that way! I love decorating, just love the sparkly lights and wreaths and my tree and I make pomandors every year.

mucgwyrt
November 21st, 2005, 09:26 AM
I like Yule because I first stumbled onto my path a few days before Yule, several years ago. It makes me think of my first clumsy ritual, and the knowledge I was on the right track... it's like a birthday :smile:

azrael1989
November 21st, 2005, 04:51 PM
this year for christmas/yule I plan on going down south to get togoether with my relatives and to share a meal and present swapping with them.
i haven't told my family yet that I am wiccan so any yule celebration will have to be done at home.

blessed be.

Palantari
November 30th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Hiya! Well one of the things I remember most about xmas as a child was that no matter what my father always made it home xmas eve. He drives a truck coast to coast in Canada and we lived at that time on the east coast and he was always on the road two three months at a time but he was always there when we got up xmas morning no matter if he had to abandon the truck for a few days at one of the offices else where and fly home. I remember that one year we were stormed in and the snow xmas morning was halfway up the outside door and we knew dad was one the road xmas eve trying to get home and when we woke up xmas morning he hadn't made it...we were so crest fallen and worried as the storm was still heavy but he called about noon and told us he was 45mins away and the RCMP had made him stop driving because they had closed the roads...he did make it home but it was later that afternoon closer to suppertime and we waited all day for him despite him telling us to go ahead without him...because we had a tradition in our house that dad got under the tree with a bow on his head and he passed out all the gifts. I was about 8/9 at the time and my sister and brother were younger but you know there was no question about waiting for him even though Santa had come all the stuff sat until he came home. For me that was one of my most memorable xmas's as a child.
As for now my own family and I celebrate both Yule and Santa. Yule usually consists of a bonfire (we live on a farm) and hot drinks, home baked sweeties and stories and just being together as a family...xmas eve my kids an i fill a stocking for my husband the kids wrap the wee pressy's and sweets (my husband and i dont buy for each other at xmas we cant afford to with the kids to think about) so the kids love to fill a stocking for him and make cards for everyone. Santa comes xmas morning and the kids get up wake up and they get to have their stockings while we get our caffine fix before we let them attack the presents under the tree...we go to my in-laws for dinner in the afternoon my mother-in law cooks xmas dinner for the whole family...all of my husbands brothers and their family's ...its a housefull but lots of fun and silliness, its nice as all of my own family is in Canada. After we come home in the evening I call my family the time difference varies between 6 and 8 hours difference to reach everyone, they are kind of spread out a bit. then when the kids fall asleep exuasted from the days excitement my hubby and i relax. The mess cleaning always waits til boxing day!! :lol:

Ziana
November 30th, 2005, 12:15 PM
my best (good) memory was from when I was about 5 and Cabbage Patch Kids came out for the first time. I wanted one so bad, it was the first thing I put on my Christmas List to Santa. When we woke up Christmas morning and started opening presents, there it was! Then I found out that I had gotten it from my dad, who I never remembered meeting. (my parents divorced when I was a baby and we moved to another state) Mom showed me a picture and it was of this short man with gray hair and a beard, with a big belly and red cheeks. From that point on, I knew my Daddy was Santa Claus! :santasmil

VelvetBlade
December 4th, 2005, 06:29 PM
My parents divorced when I was still a baby, but I spent most Christmas with my dad. And he had the same fake tree for as long as I can remember. It stood about 3 ft tall and when I say "Charlie Brown", I'm sure you all get the picture. And every decoration, light, ball ...whatever...was red! Ugly as sin, but it was the one constant every year. My dad's gone now...it's been close to 10 years, and what I wouldn't give for that ugly little red decorated tree now!
Another - this is actually a Thanksgiving tradition, but it ties into Christmas as well. Every Thanksgiving my sister would give her children their Christmas ornament for the year, and it always related to something that was important in their lives that year. She always put their name and the year on it as well. That way, when they were adults and on their own, they'd already have enough ornaments for their own tree, and each would have a special meaning. I started doing this when I had my children as well. It's pretty neat.
Ok...ok....one more. My family tends to call me anal on this one, but.....my Christmas tree is all color coordinated. Each ornament matches, as do the bows, garland, topper, tree skirt etc. AND...the wrapping paper that I buy has to match the tree as well. lol...ok, so that's sad, but I just love it. And every couple years, I change the color scheme, just to mix things up (rebel that I am)..lol

~VB

Goddess Rhiannon
December 4th, 2005, 06:47 PM
one of my best memories was making nude snow angels with my ex boyfriend....after extremely hot sex....woohoo....what a way to deck the halls.....

Willow Rosette
December 4th, 2005, 06:53 PM
I dont know what my favorite christmas memory is but I can tell you what my favorite part of this christmas is. This holiday season is kinda sparse due to less than satisfactory funds in the bank. So I decided I would give every one things my 3 year old daughter makes here at home.

It has turned in to so much fun I plan on making it a holiday tradition. She looks so proud when she makes something on her own and it is such wonderfull quality time together that I cant imagine at this point giving out anything else as presents because truly Im getting the best present of all.

Goddess Rhiannon
December 4th, 2005, 07:07 PM
my most resent favorite yule memories come from this board....and being able to create the secret santa program with Mol last year....giving unconditionally from the heart...is what yule is all about....at least in my opinion....

Brightest Blessings....

Jenne
December 4th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Hey Yazza!

Well, we have a couple of traditions. My mom usually takes the grandkids for a day, all 5 of them, and makes homemade ornaments with each of them as well as decorated sugar cookies. They then give their "gifts" to the parents, and we put them on the tree with the previous year's ornaments.

Another tradition is the "games and fun" my grandmother does every year on Christmas Eve. She does this one where she wraps boxes inside of boxes, so the whole present is huge, usually the size of a tv box. She passes the wrapped gift around the circle, and everyone has a chance to open it with not their hands but a pair of wooden salad utensils. They have 30 seconds to do as much damage as they can, and then have to pass it on to the next person to try to open. Usually what's inside is something for everyone--little prizes--like mini staplers and those 3m post-it notes.

The second game we play is a treasure hunt. We divide into two teams radomly and hunt around the house with clues about places in the house. We used to devise this game as kids, actually, and so as adults, it's pretty fun to see who is witty enough to get to the end of the hunt. Again, the prize is usually something like a bag of candy the whole family can share.

The last game is a game of Christmas charades or pictionary. Usually she puts Christmas carol titles or Christmas characters on slips of paper, and the same two teams from the previous game compete to guess the information that's acted out or drawn on a pad.

It helps pass the time, and the kids get into the games too. It's something to do other than sit around waiting to open gifts!

Mitsuko
December 4th, 2005, 08:04 PM
In the past, my family has had a tradition of dressing up the family animals and parading them around. Last year, my cousin's little Beagle managed to get his antlers off and started running around with them while we were opening presents. My aunt tried to grab him, but he ducked into a large gift bag and hid.

Yasmine Galenorn
December 4th, 2005, 10:41 PM
In the past, my family has had a tradition of dressing up the family animals and parading them around. Last year, my cousin's little Beagle managed to get his antlers off and started running around with them while we were opening presents. My aunt tried to grab him, but he ducked into a large gift bag and hid.

I LOVE that! LOLOL...do you have pictures? I'd love to see them!

KEishin
December 6th, 2005, 09:50 AM
My Christmas/Yule traditions are always the best part of the holidays. My parents are Christian, so I have my celebrations first.

One that I'll never forget:
Two years ago I was part of a group outdoor Yule ritual (in cold New England!). We were doing our thing and just as we were about to cast the circle, a large barn owl came and sat in the tree right next to us. My patron goddess has owls as her symbol so it was a moment of me wondering if it was a symbol or a coincedence - still not sure. The owl made a few comments "Woo-ooo-hoo-who" during the ritual, but never when anyone was speaking. It continued to sit there during the ritual. When the circle was taken back down it flew away. Several of the people there were just as awed as I was.

But on a more mudane note, when I'm with my parents I spend Christmas Eve making cinnamon rolls from scratch (yeast rolls, yummy!). During that time everyone brings their presents to others from where they've been hidden and place them under the tree (with much pomp and circumstance). Once the rolls are finished rising, my father reads "The Night Before Christmas" and then we all go to bed. In the morning, the first thing we do is put the rolls in the oven to cook and go open presents. Usually the rolls are done just about the time the presents are. We then have a yummy, fresh cinnamon-y Christmas breakfast before the cleanup begins. :D

Pandy Fackler
December 6th, 2005, 01:01 PM
When I think back to earlier Christmas celebrations, I can never come up with one specific memory. Instead, it's something that has happened year after year and it's what really makes the holiday special for me.

We leave our tree lit all night. On Christmas Eve, we go to my step-dad's parents house and celebrate there with his family. When we come home, the tree is lit and nothing else. It makes the room absolutely -radiate- with love. The tree that we picked out and decorated as a family...
The next morning, my brother and I always wake up around 5 a.m. (I'm 19 and this -still- goes on :P) to look at the presents under the tree. There's just something about the lighting that makes everything so magical..

We sit in the living room by ourselves for a while, never saying anything, until our parents wake up and we can all open gifts together!

Yasmine Galenorn
December 6th, 2005, 01:33 PM
When I think back to earlier Christmas celebrations, I can never come up with one specific memory. Instead, it's something that has happened year after year and it's what really makes the holiday special for me.

We leave our tree lit all night. On Christmas Eve, we go to my step-dad's parents house and celebrate there with his family. When we come home, the tree is lit and nothing else. It makes the room absolutely -radiate- with love. The tree that we picked out and decorated as a family...
The next morning, my brother and I always wake up around 5 a.m. (I'm 19 and this -still- goes on :P) to look at the presents under the tree. There's just something about the lighting that makes everything so magical..

We sit in the living room by ourselves for a while, never saying anything, until our parents wake up and we can all open gifts together!

I love sitting in the evening with only the tree and the garland lights lit. The glow is so warm and comforting--I absolutely love the magical feel that it brings. :)

HetHert
December 6th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Some great stories so far! You know, one of my favorite memories was the second Yule that Samwise and I were together. He knew my favorite perfume was Opium--expensive, and we were dirt poor. We even ended up giving our friends cookies for Yule because that's all we could afford to make.

Well, I didn't expect anything beyond a trinket for a gift--I knew we didn't have money at the time, but it was just so wonderful to have someone that I could really celebrate with--who wanted to celebrate and put up a tree and all that.

Come Yule evening, we opened our gifts. I'd bought him something small, a T-shirt or something that I knew he'd like. But when I opened my gift, I found a box (and I'm talking like a box that would hold a ream of typing paper or more) filled with chocolates. I see there's something under the candy (they were miniature chocolate bars) and wow...it was an Opium gift set--perfume, powder and lotion! I just stared at him and asked, "How on earth did you find the money for this?"

And that's when I got my real gift. The gift that showed me just how much I meant to him. He told me he'd spent several months collecting soda cans and recycling them for money. To get enough money to buy that gift set, he had to have collected hundreds of them. For him to take that much time, to go to that much effort to give me something I loved, told me I'd truly found my Knight in Leather Armor.

I'll never forget that year, no matter how many gifts we can give each other now. That one year stands out in my mind...

OMG that actually brought a tear to my eye...*Sigh* *warm fuzzy thoughts of my own sweetie*

Our first Christmas together was last year. But our first Christmas married is this year. So I'll regail you with my first Christmas with my lover now my husband...

We had gone downtown to the Tremmel Crow building which is a skyscraper in the Dallas skyline. It was hosting an exhibit of artifacts and art from the far-east and we had set it up to go on a date there and take in some culture. Now you have to understand I have a HUGE love for the orient, its meditative and personal rituals and we see that they have setup in the very first room a huge meditation exhibit involving large cut rock formations..you know that are circular with the square hole cut from the center. Its all lit up with alternating colors, and you can touch it to feel the different textures and what not. We get up from there and head to the next room in the exhibit and there before me is a buddhist monks writing desk and calligraphy setup...my jaw drops and I get so excited. Well we go through more of the exhibit and see the tea-service set and I croon for my own because I ADORE their tea-ceremonies!! We move through the rest of the beautiful exhibit and end up in the Gift Shop which is selling art and selections from the exhibit...little trinkets (expensive and not so expensive). I walk over and in the back corner is a chinese (kung-fu) tea set. The little girl in me squeals and then the adult starts looking at the price tag...I can't afford it! Well I don't mourn those kinds of losses but Chris (the hubby), ever mindful of my desires takes note and on Yule I'm presented with the complete tea ceremony set and a chinese calligraphy set. I was amazed and not because he spent so much but because he payed enough attention to why I wanted them and how I wanted to utilize them in my life and wanted me to be able to do them as well as share the experiences with me.
This year will be great as well...we're spending Yule alone with each other and indulging each others desires as best as we can....:drinking::tub: :heybaby: _pounce_

Blessings and Joy!
HetHert

Lisa Di Dio
December 7th, 2005, 02:09 PM
I'm not entering the contest, as I am the proud owner of the complete fiction works of Yasmine Galenorn, and three of my friends/family are getting your books for Yule this year. LOL

But I can't resist chiming in on holiday traditions. In particular, my favorite two moments of the season.

Our Solstice party is on Saturday the 17th and we expect about 25 people to squeeze into our wee cottage to eat, drink, sing, drum and be oh-so-merry. We sing "Deck the Halls", a Pagan version of "The Holly & The Ivy", and the Beatles' "Here Comes the Sun".

Our family Yule celebration is my other "warm fuzzy" moment of the season.
Greg and I both take the Winter Solstice off work. The night before, everyone gets a new pair of pjs and we bring the presents out and put them under the tree. (Can't do this earlier, due to cats and toddler.) We get cozy on the couch with the candles and tree lighting up the room and watch a new holiday DVD. This year it's the Muppet's Christmas Carol. The next morning, we get the boys up in the darkness, throw coats over our pjs and bundle into the car with thermoses of hot cocoa (for them) and coffee (for us). We drive out to the foothills and park facing East. We watch the sunrise and sing "Happy Birthday" to the Sun King. Then it's home again to open presents. No extended family or friends allowed, because this time is just for us. It's a day of pure, selfish laziness, too. We play with all our new stuff and eat a big brunch. As dusk falls, we drive around town admiring all the beautifully lit homes. We pick up Chinese food from our favorite restaurant on the way home, then settle in for a quiet evening.

Here's wishing you time to read a favorite book by the fire, watch your favorite movie and enjoy some quiet moments with your beloveds amongst all the celebrating. And of course, a happy, healthy holiday, no matter which one(s) you celebrate.

Cheers!:achug:
Lisa

Yasmine Galenorn
December 7th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Our Solstice party is on Saturday the 17th and we expect about 25 people to squeeze into our wee cottage to eat, drink, sing, drum and be oh-so-merry. Lisa

Our party is this coming Sunday. We hold an Open House to encourage a steady flow rather than super crowded, but a lot of times, it ends up with everybody showing at once. LOL...at least the house is decorated. Now to clean it for then.

ShamanFeather
December 8th, 2005, 01:41 PM
I remember a stained glass star on top of a tree that we used to have. I remember staring at it when i was sick and it gave me much comfort.

Cadabuz
December 9th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Well my plans to travel to see family this Yule fell through. So I plan to take some time to myself and visit some close friends. I will continue with my family Yule tradition. Someone has to get up early before everyone else to prep for this Holiday breakfast. We call them simply our Holiday Banannas. Usually one bananna per person is plenty but I always eat two.
:dinnertim
You start by slicing the banannas long ways (length wise) but do not cut all the way through the skinin the middle (this way the two halve stay together). Then slice the "meat" of the bananna into small bite size pieces. (Do not remove from the skin). Prep all the banannas this way. Get a big platter to put them all on (individual plates work too).
:colorful:
Then you want to soak all of them with lemon juice. (I prefer the real stuff but the fake kind works too, if you are using real lemons be sure to squeeze the juice first then sift to remove all the chunks and seeds)
Then cover them with XXX powdered sugar. Don't be shy with it cause the lemon juice turns it into syrup which is what you want so heap it on there.
Now the biggest trick is this last step. It is the most important out of them all.
Leave them sit for at least an hour. Two hours is better but I don't think we have ever made it the whole two hours before. And enjoy.

(When they are done you eat with a fork.)

Here is a link to a really crappy drawing I drew to show how I cut the banannas in case anyone wants to try them. They are really good.
http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/9414/banannas9xj.gif

Yasmine Galenorn
December 9th, 2005, 01:59 PM
Well my plans to travel to see family this Yule fell through. So I plan to take some time to myself and visit some close friends. I will continue with my family Yule tradition.

Sometimes, our friends can be family, too. :) We spent Thanksgiving with friends--had a big dinner here at our house, and none of us had relatives near. It was lovely, with no fighting. :lol:

I hope your Yule turns out to be a good one for you!

RhiamonButterfly
December 10th, 2005, 06:54 PM
one of my favorite memories from my childhood is how my dad would make us eat breakfast, get dressed, clean our rooms, and THEN let him drink his coffee before we open pressies...lol...it was in good fun, but we didn't get that back then, of course I do now....hehe

Annest
December 15th, 2005, 12:24 PM
I usually spend christmas at my parents, because spending christmas alone with my kids isn´t very fun,but this year were staying home.
My son wanted to have christmas at home for once...
And we have invited a friend to stay with us for a couple of days, she always unvolontarily spends christmas alone and this year will be sad for her ´couse she had to put her belowed dog to sleep today. Mayby christmas won´t be merry for her but I hope to at least show her that she´s not all alone...

Yasmine Galenorn
December 15th, 2005, 07:51 PM
I usually spend christmas at my parents, because spending christmas alone with my kids isn´t very fun,but this year were staying home.
My son wanted to have christmas at home for once...
And we have invited a friend to stay with us for a couple of days, she always unvolontarily spends christmas alone and this year will be sad for her ´couse she had to put her belowed dog to sleep today. Mayby christmas won´t be merry for her but I hope to at least show her that she´s not all alone...

Sometimes, just knowing you're not alone and that somebody cares is the best gift you can ever give. :hugz:

PoisonIvy
December 16th, 2005, 05:21 AM
My husband and I will celebrate with a huge feast of every kind of seafood that we can think of and a couple bottles of "Bubbley" and if any ritual molestation happens after that,well then......WOOHOO! :fprtyman3

It's just our own little tradition that we've been doing for about 10 years.

LisaT4P
December 16th, 2005, 08:54 AM
one of my favorite memories from my childhood is how my dad would make us eat breakfast, get dressed, clean our rooms, and THEN let him drink his coffee before we open pressies...lol...it was in good fun, but we didn't get that back then, of course I do now....heheRhiamon, are you sure we didn't have the same father... how can two totally unrelated people manage to be that EVIL! :smoke: roflmao

Although I have to admit that I make my kids wait until the coffee pot is going before I let them downstairs. I think some of the evil has rubbed off.... ;)

IvyCeltress
December 18th, 2005, 08:44 PM
This bizarre family tradition started around 35 years ago. I have this uncle who is the quintissential "man who has everything". So finding him Christmas presents was always a task. That Christmas, my poor mom was wandering through the stores looking for something for Uncle Clark. In desperation, she decided that since he was an ad executive, he would have to deal with paperwork. So she decided to get him a paperweight. I'm not sure why she settled on a venetian glass chicken, but that's what she did.

When our families got together for our celebration, she handed him the present all the while complaining how difficult he was to buy for. The next year, my father opened his present from my uncle, there was the chicken paperweight with a note on how difficult he was to buy for that year. Hence the Chicken Award was born. For about 20 years the chicken was passed between our families and sort of evolved from being to the person most difficult to buy for to Cabbage Patch Chicken, Care Chicken, and Super Chicken. Once in college it was mailed to me as a chicken sandwich. Unfortunately it got lost in the mail and showed up months later extremely modly.

Sadly the tradition has lapsed as the family is now scattered. It's sad since I had the image of a great-great niece or nephew out in a space station somewhere getting this chicken.

Yasmine Galenorn
December 18th, 2005, 10:32 PM
This bizarre family tradition started around 35 years ago. I have this uncle who is the quintissential "man who has everything". So finding him Christmas presents was always a task. That Christmas, my poor mom was wandering through the stores looking for something for Uncle Clark. In desperation, she decided that since he was an ad executive, he would have to deal with paperwork. So she decided to get him a paperweight. I'm not sure why she settled on a venetian glass chicken, but that's what she did.

When our families got together for our celebration, she handed him the present all the while complaining how difficult he was to buy for. The next year, my father opened his present from my uncle, there was the chicken paperweight with a note on how difficult he was to buy for that year. Hence the Chicken Award was born. For about 20 years the chicken was passed between our families and sort of evolved from being to the person most difficult to buy for to Cabbage Patch Chicken, Care Chicken, and Super Chicken. Once in college it was mailed to me as a chicken sandwich. Unfortunately it got lost in the mail and showed up months later extremely modly.

Sadly the tradition has lapsed as the family is now scattered. It's sad since I had the image of a great-great niece or nephew out in a space station somewhere getting this chicken.

I have to tell you, everybody here is lucky the contest doesn't depend on the craziest, wackiest tradition around, because that is just the funniest thing I've ever seen!!!!

ROFL...thank you for sharing, I LOVE it!

Lisa Di Dio
December 19th, 2005, 01:40 PM
This bizarre family tradition started around 35 years ago.

:lol: Omigod! I thought my family was the only one with a weird "traveling present". Ours isn't really an object, but a box. Long, long ago, my mother received the ugliest porceline gravy boat from her sister-in-law. She accepted it with great aplomb and was very gracious. Two years later, we stopped sharing Christmas with the extended family and went to an immediate family only format. That first year alone, my sister received the gravy boat box. Inside was something lovely (can't remember what), but when she first ripped off the paper, a huge laugh went up. 20 years later that damned box is STILL floating around. Every year it shows up under the tree, sometimes with a joke gift in it, sometimes with something really nice. It just depends on who got it last. My niece got it last year, so we'll all be waiting with bated breath to see who gets the now-battered, much beloved gravy boat box. (The fate of the actual gravy-boat is a mystery. I'll have to ask my mom where it ended up, so I can include that in the family lore.)

And, Ivy Celtress, I believe our gravy boat box may just end up on a space station some year, a most bizarre family heirloom!

Lisa

IvyCeltress
December 19th, 2005, 03:41 PM
I have to tell you, everybody here is lucky the contest doesn't depend on the craziest, wackiest tradition around, because that is just the funniest thing I've ever seen!!!!

ROFL...thank you for sharing, I LOVE it!

Rats, I coulda been a contender. :-) Though Lisa's gravy boat box is tough competition.

ObsessedFae86
December 19th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Turns out my Yule plans changed. My son and I didn't celebrate our first Yule at home alone as planned. Since I last posted her, I've met some fellow Wiccans who live in the next town over so we celebrated with a coven! Yippee! It was fun! We had a feast and ritual and burned a Yule log :) We celebrated early since lots of people have work or school and Yule's on a weekday this year..I think..Hope you all have fabulous holidays!

Yasmine Galenorn
December 20th, 2005, 12:03 AM
Turns out my Yule plans changed. My son and I didn't celebrate our first Yule at home alone as planned. Since I last posted her, I've met some fellow Wiccans who live in the next town over so we celebrated with a coven! Yippee! It was fun! We had a feast and ritual and burned a Yule log :) We celebrated early since lots of people have work or school and Yule's on a weekday this year..I think..Hope you all have fabulous holidays!

Yay! Congrats and I'm glad you had a good time. :fprtyman3

amakaliani
December 20th, 2005, 12:46 AM
Well, since I had my child, I have made a point to at least notice Yule, and the first year after Terrance's birth, I had my initial coven over and the couple that I married, Jen carved a letter opener in the shape of a Wolf's head, painted it red (one of my fav colors and the wolf is her totem), and it made me cry tears of joy. They had NO money and were so bummed out that I had to throw them a party. I had a bonfire, some cakes and ale, and a few token gifts for them. This was also the night that they asked me if I could be thier Priestess and join them together.

Every year, I make a point to give tokens to my family. Something that I have loved, found, or made (generally, I try to NOT pruchase gifts for Yule), the thing that makes this holiday great for me, is that not only do I get to share with my fam and friends about Yule and the God's rebirth, but, also I get to SHOW my more convential family members that we are not as crazy as some make us out to be.

Kaliani

Belladona
December 20th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Two years ago tommorow on Yule, my husband and I were handfasted in a beautiful outdoor ceremony. We had been through so much trouble and strife that we felt that the Soltice Ritual was very befitting. We would walk from the darkness into the light.

The ritual was held at sundown in the snow with tealights lighting the peremiter of the circle. We had in attedance several friends as well as ancestors and friends gone by. We invited Zeus and Hera to witness this wonderful event and bound our hands and hearts together again in this lifetime.

This is a very special season for us as we plan on once again repeating those vows of love;

Drop to Drop,
Blood to Blood,
As one as we were before,
As one we will always be,
Mate of my soul,
Soul of my mate!
So Mote It Be!

Happy Yule Everybody!

And Happy Anniversary Knightshade! I will love you always!

:smoochypo

amakaliani
December 20th, 2005, 04:53 PM
awwwwww, that is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet

Yasmine Galenorn
December 20th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Two years ago tommorow on Yule, my husband and I were handfasted in a beautiful outdoor ceremony. We had been through so much trouble and strife that we felt that the Soltice Ritual was very befitting. We would walk from the darkness into the light.

The ritual was held at sundown in the snow with tealights lighting the peremiter of the circle. We had in attedance several friends as well as ancestors and friends gone by. We invited Zeus and Hera to witness this wonderful event and bound our hands and hearts together again in this lifetime.

This is a very special season for us as we plan on once again repeating those vows of love;

Drop to Drop,
Blood to Blood,
As one as we were before,
As one we will always be,
Mate of my soul,
Soul of my mate!
So Mote It Be!

Happy Yule Everybody!

And Happy Anniversary Knightshade! I will love you always!

:smoochypo

Happy anniversary! May you have many more. :)

Belladona
December 20th, 2005, 06:15 PM
Geeeee....(blushes)......thanks!

LadyWillowHawk
December 20th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Merry Yule everyone! My whole family will be together this Yule and it will be so great. My grandson and his wife to be will be here also. Being together is so precious and we all know how much family means at this time of year. I am so excited!!
BB LadyWillowHawk

Xander67
December 21st, 2005, 03:05 AM
not autumn fesitval... ooops :spaceman:

disreguard my first entry please _inabox_

mandalamama
December 21st, 2005, 06:24 PM
about 10 years ago, i was in a situation where we had no money to celebrate Yule with gifts, or have a nice dinner with a ham and all that stuff. so on Yule Eve, i forget how i got this idea, but i came up with the idea of a picnic near the tree, with homemade waffles, melted butter, warm syrup, and mugs of hot cocoa. dining by only the lights of the Yule tree :smile: i've done it every year since then, no matter who i'm with, even if i can afford the finest meal, i still think waffles and hot cocoa is the best Yule meal ever! i am really thrilled to introduce my daughter to this tradition this year (she's 14 months, old enough to partake of the meal). ok, so "cakes and ale" = "waffles and hot cocoa" in my home and in my heart at Yule *sappy grin*

amakaliani
December 21st, 2005, 10:36 PM
that is so cool!

Yasmine Galenorn
December 26th, 2005, 04:03 AM
It's midnight--contest officially closed!

I'll pick the winners tomorrow at some point and announce it here. Thanks all who've joined it (and feel free to continue to post about your Yule/holidays this year or other years in this thread, even though the contest is now closed).

Cheers,

Yasmine Galenorn
December 26th, 2005, 04:04 PM
AND THE CONTEST
WINNERS ARE

Drumroll, please...

:jamsessio :jamsessio :jamsessio

The winner of the Yuletide Basket is:

:santasmil PatriciaJ :santasmil

Congratulations!!!!

:santasmil :santasmil :santasmil

And each of the following persons will
receive one signed copy of A Harvest of Bones:

:santasmil Jenne :santasmil

:santasmil Sage Rainsong :santasmil

:santasmil Velvet Blade :santasmil

:santasmil Congratulations and I
hope you enjoy your books, you three! :santasmil

What I need from each of you (and I'm sending you PMs but in case you don't see them, putting it here):

Your RL name, mailing address, and email addy. PM it to me, please. I'll send off the packages within the next 10 days.

Hugs, and thanks for playing!

RhiamonButterfly
December 26th, 2005, 06:00 PM
congrats you guys!
Yasmine, thanks for having this contest...it was fun and very giving of you (((hugs))))

DragonsChest
December 26th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Conga Rats to you lucky ones! And Yasmine, it was very sweet of you to give out books, as well.

Now, get back to writing! :hahugh:

VelvetBlade
December 26th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Thanks so much Yaz...I can't WAIT !!

*hugs* for being so kind and giving...and congrats to all who won and all who entered. I read some really inspiring stories in this thread!

~VB

Yasmine Galenorn
December 26th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Thanks so much Yaz...I can't WAIT !!

*hugs* for being so kind and giving...and congrats to all who won and all who entered. I read some really inspiring stories in this thread!

~VB

I really enjoyed reading the posts in the thread...nice to see good memories and even some pretty wacky ones!

Hugs, and I'm just happy so many people entered. Just wish I could give everybody a prize, but can't do that. So my best wishes to everyone here for the New Year. :hugz:

Jenne
December 26th, 2005, 10:48 PM
:hugz: to all who participated, all who won, and major :hugz: to our kind and generous Yazza! :fpraise:

LisaT4P
December 26th, 2005, 10:51 PM
Congrats to the winners and thanks for all these fun memories and ideas!

Thanks for being so kind and generous, but I agree with DC, get back to writing, Yasmine! :D

Yasmine Galenorn
December 26th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Congrats to the winners and thanks for all these fun memories and ideas!

Thanks for being so kind and generous, but I agree with DC, get back to writing, Yasmine! :D

HEY...I told you guys I JUST sent off a new manuscript. I get a week to play or the next book I write won't be as good. GOT IT? ~grins~ THEN...I'll start work on the new India Ink book (the third one). I'm playing with several possible plots in my head right now.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to take pictures of the Christmas lights around the neighborhood, to try and find some corn-syrup free, gluten free, dairy free sorbet (Trader Joe's carries a good one), and to watch a movie.

SO THERE! :tongueout

(And I just saw the new Harry Potter movie yesterday...LOVED it...).

Crystal Raven
December 26th, 2005, 11:48 PM
congrats to the winners!!

and ty for the cool contest Yasmine :boing:

Patriciaj
December 27th, 2005, 12:04 AM
Thank you so much Yasmine for having this contest, and for your generousity in the prizes. You are a wonderful woman and I am so looking forward to reading your books.

Yasmine Galenorn
December 27th, 2005, 01:28 AM
Thank you so much Yasmine for having this contest, and for your generousity in the prizes. You are a wonderful woman and I am so looking forward to reading your books.

Thanks Patricia...and I hope you have fun with the package!

Huggles,

DragonsChest
December 27th, 2005, 10:14 AM
HEY...I told you guys I JUST sent off a new manuscript. I get a week to play or the next book I write won't be as good. GOT IT? ~grins~ THEN...I'll start work on the new India Ink book (the third one). I'm playing with several possible plots in my head right now.

Okay, you get a week off, to recharge, and then back to the grindstone. :hahugh:

Yasmine Galenorn
December 27th, 2005, 08:45 PM
Okay, you get a week off, to recharge, and then back to the grindstone. :hahugh:

Looky at the front of my site--I made it REAL purtee!

LadyWillowHawk
December 28th, 2005, 01:50 AM
:santasmil Congratulations to all the winners and thanks so much Yasmine for the contest !! It was fun.:nyah:
BB
LadyWillowHawk

Yasmine Galenorn
December 29th, 2005, 02:50 PM
Thanks everybody who joined in--it was nice to see so many different traditions and plans for the holidays. Gives a real sense of how individual we all are, while still celebrating within a similar framework.

:hugz:

DragonsChest
December 29th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Looky at the front of my site--I made it REAL purtee!

Why yes! You sure did - it looks very purtee. :wave:

BrigidMoon
December 30th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Congrats to the winners!

Thank you Yazza for the contest! That's awesome.

I have 2 books of yours I'm reading right now! :)

Yasmine Galenorn
December 30th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Congrats to the winners!

Thank you Yazza for the contest! That's awesome.

I have 2 books of yours I'm reading right now! :)

Hope you're enjoying them! Okay, will be sending out the winners' packages tomorrow. Am off to relative lurkdom again. Time to get ready for the new year and new work.

Hugs,

BrigidMoon
December 30th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Hope you're enjoying them! Okay, will be sending out the winners' packages tomorrow. Am off to relative lurkdom again. Time to get ready for the new year and new work.

Hugs,

You're like energizer bunny you just keep going and going and going!

Brenda
December 30th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Yazza, can you get those books distributed in Belgium?
I've looked everywhere, but can't find them :wah:
It's not fair :sadman:

BrigidMoon
December 30th, 2005, 04:40 PM
Yazza, can you get those books distributed in Belgium?
I've looked everywhere, but can't find them :wah:
It's not fair :sadman:

You cannot order them from amazon.com?

Brenda
December 31st, 2005, 12:43 PM
You cannot order them from amazon.com? If I had a credit card, I could :wth:

Yasmine Galenorn
December 31st, 2005, 02:06 PM
If I had a credit card, I could :wth:

I put in a note to my publicist to ask her. Meanwhile, maybe you could print out your order and mail it to Amazon (I think the German version of Amazon also carries my books) with an international money order? Here you can mail it to Amazon with a check.

Patriciaj
January 9th, 2006, 03:47 PM
I received my prize today! And what an awesome prize it is!!!:boing: I can't wait to get started on the books. Yasmine included many gifts along with the book - candles, tea, cologne, a journal with a pen, note cards, coins around the world, bath salts. It is all wonderful! I just wanted to say http://bestsmileys.com/thankyou/1.gif you are amazing!

Yasmine Galenorn
January 9th, 2006, 08:33 PM
I received my prize today! And what an awesome prize it is!!!:boing: I can't wait to get started on the books. Yasmine included many gifts along with the book - candles, tea, cologne, a journal with a pen, note cards, coins around the world, bath salts. It is all wonderful! I just wanted to say http://bestsmileys.com/thankyou/1.gif you are amazing!

LOL...those coins are chocolate, my dear. We have the most awesome Trader Joe's here. Hope you enjoy everything--and I'm so glad you got the package.