PDA

View Full Version : Why is it certain people are more prone to seeing ghosts?

sincerebliss
November 16th, 2005, 04:10 PM
I don't see ghosts, however, I do tend to see energy a lot. I can see limited aspects of the aura and I feel energy pretty well. Now, why is it that only certain people can see ghosts? Do you think it has to do with actual eyesight or do you believe that ghosts only show themselves to certain people? I'm sure these are common questions but I'd like your input.
Alicia

phoenixblayze
November 16th, 2005, 05:11 PM
its hard to say. i can do both. usually i feel them, and can pick up on their emotions, but there have been times when i have seen dark figures, or a person who i solid, but i know is dead. i think that personally it just depends on how your gifted

iucey
November 19th, 2005, 02:02 AM
I can't see aura...
didn't know how to and what is that either :X
is aura and chakra the same?
i'm a :RuNew:

But some people are born with the sighting, ( they call it the 3rd eyes)
sometime the ghost choose who they want to appear to...

sometimes when a person giving out negative field, they can see ghost too(someone told me before)

if you keep wanted to see them, after some times you will (happen to one of my friend )

but some people just wanted to sound cool and tell others that they can see ghost. (sorry if i offence anyone)

at least that is what i think...
hope these answer to your question, it sound kind like crap but that's my point of view... :(

here's one of the story of people claim that they can see: ( hope you guys enjoy a laugh :p)

when i was 12, they tell others that they saw ghosts here and there and how they describle sound more like monster to me...
my friend was scared and stick to me alot because i'm her only friend that is not afraid of ghost at that time
can you imagine when you are eating your meal and your friend come out of nowhere and drag you to toilet!!

i told her there's nothing but she don't believe me, because they make the story very real at least to her...

I was piss off at that point so i bullshit about how it look like to my friend that they are big, ugly with long red nails wearing long white dress!!
her long black hair cover the rotten face and so on.

when she went to tell those people what i describle,
they goes like " YES!! YES!! THAT'S HOW THEY LOOK LIKE"
i was basically laughing my head off!!!
i did tell my friend that i was bullshitting :x

enchancea
November 19th, 2005, 04:28 AM
I dont think seeing spirits or anything like that has to do with being gifted. We are all born with those abilities, its a natural thing. But over the years we get it pounded into our heads that that kind of stuff isnt real and we tend to believe it that closes off those abilities. I think people who are more open to it experience it. But I do think spirits choose who they show themselves too. I have seen spirits before but I feel them more than I see them. However I cannot see auras or chakras, I think that has to do with the fact that Ive just been opening myself up to these thinga over the last 5 years or so.

Mouse
November 19th, 2005, 06:24 AM
I was told people who's element is Air have a stronger ability to see ghosts.. i don't know how true this is, but thought i'd throw the idea on the pile.

Evendusk
November 19th, 2005, 01:57 PM
I think it's like any other talent like being able to play an instrument well or being good with mechanical things, or growing plants, or working in the health fields. I personally have experienced more aural (sound) hauntings than any other type, others will be able to see or communicate or whatever.

PinkKiwi
November 19th, 2005, 05:42 PM
I couldn't tell you what the special thing about the person is. I myself can see feel and hear them . I definately enjoy it to a certain extent, but it gets old at times as well. :)

Anyanka
November 19th, 2005, 08:23 PM
What if certain people can see them due to believing that they're there and are more open minded? Does that make sense? I mean, people can make their minds believe something exists. I don't see ghosts but I have "sensed" things around me that lead me to believe that something else is out there, so what if some people just 'believe' they see something?

I don't think ghosts just choose to show themselves to certain people, I think it's a combination of either believing, sensing or just being open minded to seeing something.

(I sure hope I make sense)

SilverAnnie
November 19th, 2005, 08:44 PM
different people have different gifts, and even the same kind of gift can manifest in different ways in different people. for example, two equally competent musicians could be talented on different instruments, or better at different types of music. i think psychic gifts are the same. i can see the deadin my minds eye and i can sense their energy. my girlfriend actually sees them standing in front of her. personally, i think that would freak me out and its one reason i dont see them that way. but we get hte same information, describe them the same way...its the way the gift expresses itself.

AlAskendir
November 19th, 2005, 09:25 PM
I don't see ghosts, however, I do tend to see energy a lot. I can see limited aspects of the aura and I feel energy pretty well. Now, why is it that only certain people can see ghosts? Do you think it has to do with actual eyesight or do you believe that ghosts only show themselves to certain people? I'm sure these are common questions but I'd like your input.
Alicia

It is not true of all people, but many people who see ghosts have gone thru some kind of trauma that acted as a partial initiation which they haven't and probably will not ever complete.

(and please don't talk to me about the Dead Zone...I knew this long before King wrote the book, much less the actor was still
doing movies with Molly Ringwald!)

iucey
November 20th, 2005, 03:17 AM
It is not true of all people, but many people who see ghosts have gone thru some kind of trauma that acted as a partial initiation which they haven't and probably will not ever complete.
[/COLOR]

hmm....
after reading your post remind me of something...
i can see and sense them after i nearly die....

but some of my friend go through some special ritual or something to get the sighting....

some are born with it...

Anyanka
November 20th, 2005, 09:17 AM
but some of my friend go through some special ritual or something to get the sighting....

I really think i'm going to scare myself silly, but what kind of special ritual does one go through to get a glimpse of a ghost? It's the curiosity in me!

Spacehap
November 20th, 2005, 12:38 PM
My point of view is that the ghosts choose who they appear, visualy, to. But I think that anyone can feel the ghost presents

Astara Seague
November 20th, 2005, 12:51 PM
my opioion is if you are open to the experiance you will experiance it. Thus with ghosts they seek out those types of people

sincerebliss
November 20th, 2005, 05:42 PM
What if certain people can see them due to believing that they're there and are more open minded? Does that make sense? I mean, people can make their minds believe something exists. I don't see ghosts but I have "sensed" things around me that lead me to believe that something else is out there, so what if some people just 'believe' they see something?

I don't think ghosts just choose to show themselves to certain people, I think it's a combination of either believing, sensing or just being open minded to seeing something.

(I sure hope I make sense)

See, I believe they are very real. Also, when I was little I had an experience where my bed started shaking. Freaky stuff! I was terrified for years after that but now I'm ready to experience more...Is there really anything to do to increase your sighting of a ghost?
Alicia

PropheticMonkey
November 20th, 2005, 08:04 PM
To increase your experience of a ghost? There probably are ways but I think after maybe seeing the ghost in a clearer form not much else would happen. The way I see it ghosts are sort of like imprints of people that have died but not their actual souls, therefore nothing can really be done with them other than gawking and screaming (if that is the case.)

Communicating with corporeal spirits to me is kind of like trying to talk to an answering machine. Alternate personalities and past lives are more fun to try and discover in my opinion.

AlAskendir
November 20th, 2005, 08:22 PM
See, I believe they are very real. Also, when I was little I had an experience where my bed started shaking. Freaky stuff! I was terrified for years after that but now I'm ready to experience more...Is there really anything to do to increase your sighting of a ghost?
Alicia

They tend to like smoke, liquids with a lot of iron in them (blackstrap molasses, raisins soaked in alcohol, etc), and to know that they would be welcome, that their messages would not be lost in the 'scariness' of acknowledging their presence. Visit graveyards more often for no particular purpose, and you may pick up a 'friend' who can act as a go-between, don't do a full blown seance, but perhaps a mediation-astral projection in 'seance mode'?

Anyanka
November 20th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Alicia

I believe they are real too, I think it must've come across that I didn't, but I do! I haven't seen one but I have encountered things that have made me believe they exist. I think they appear to people who believe, which is what i'm trying to say (but not very successfully)!

And your bed started shaking? I'd be terrified as well! It sounds more like poltergeists though to me...right?!

Abrana
July 16th, 2006, 03:58 PM
I've been "seeing," "Hearing," and "Feeling" things since I was 3 years old, so I guess I just live with it. It isn't something I can turn off or be rid of. It just is what it is, and I live with it.

Bluewillow
July 17th, 2006, 10:51 AM
I've been experiencing spirits since I was a toddler. Normally, I sense them more often than I see them. I've only seen shadowy figures, not full on images. I sometimes get a mental image of them. Generally I will just sense them and pick up details about them or their personality. Perhaps some people are just more in tune with the spirits, but I also believe that everyone has the potential to have experiences of that sort. Perhaps spirits can sense that a person has a strong ability and is open to them, therefore they hang around that particular individual or are more apt to approach them.

~*Woodrose*~
July 24th, 2006, 05:54 AM
is seeing energy what i am doing? My friend can see them as in solid, and all I see is a sort of random freaky white patch of which i can sometimes make out the hem of a dress or a slight view of a moving hand or something...
i want to see them and talk to them but at the same time im afraid and its so annoying cos i no I shouldnt be...

luv woodrose

HeavensHope
August 3rd, 2006, 01:32 AM
oh! I think I know. Not sure if someone has already said this or not.

I was talking to this guy, my friend and I had lunch with him. He says that he and his wife can see ghosts, well his wife sees them more often.
Anyhow (he sells life insurance hehe but that's beside the point), he and his wife had watched this show once on tv. It's some ghost hunting show of some sort. The host showed the audience a video clip without telling them what they're looking at or suppose to see.
Well the wife saw the top half of a body impaled on the iron gate, while he saw the bottom half of the body. They couldn't understand why they weren't seeing the exact same thing.

The host later explained that we all see things in different frequencies, some people see the whole image and some only see certain parts and some don't see them.

Fechin Taliba Rune
August 12th, 2006, 11:58 PM
I have a friend who can see ghosts. She couldn't always, but then she had a very near death experience, and now she can. I think, for her, something in that experience triggered it.

I think a lot of it is that, when a person thoroughly disbelieves in something, they actually, physically, cannot see it. A person has to be willing to believe in them in order to see them. I think that's why, when a person is with others and says they see a ghost, they're often cast off as 'crazy' because no one else saw it; it's not that it wasn't there, it's that no one else believed, so their minds blocked the image out.

Am I making sense?

iucey
August 15th, 2006, 03:01 PM
I really think i'm going to scare myself silly, but what kind of special ritual does one go through to get a glimpse of a ghost? It's the curiosity in me!

sorry about the late reply.
i'm not so sure either maybe i will ask one of my friend who is interested to these sighting to try the ritual(she wanted to do it) while i'm around and i will keep you update?

Cliona
September 2nd, 2006, 09:00 PM
For me personally, I was able to see what I assume would be called "shadow people" when I was a child. It used to scare me to death though. It was certainly not something I remember inviting into my life, it just always seemed to be there. I don't really see anything now though, I think somehow I blocked out the visual part, although, on two occassions in my adult life I did see a spirit again. I do still hear and sense things though. I think being able to see and hear spirits or ghosts is something we are all capable of, but some people are more inclined to these things since birth, some take a near death experience, some take years of practice. I've never been able to see auras, although my boyfriend can, and I'm quite jealous hehe. Anyone know how to go about learning to see auras?