PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Paths roll call...

BenSt
November 21st, 2005, 12:23 PM
Hi All,

Just a quick "get to know each other" kind of thread. We have a few good people who contribute on a regular basis, so this is a chance to tell us about yourself (i you want) and also about your path...are you a Taoist Wiccan? A Hindu Jew? A strict follower of Vahguru? Do you attend the harvest festival for the local Kami? Tell us here! :D

Namaste

Tobias

SylverStar
November 24th, 2005, 07:16 AM
I guess I'll go first...I'm a bit tired right now...so I can't think of a lot to say.

But um hmm...me who am I? um I'm just a girl in this world...lol. As far as my path...I'm kinda at a introspective period...more studying...but I'm kinda doing that slowly. I just considered myself an ecclectic witch focusing on the elements...but now I guess I just consider myself a pagan devotee of ganesha.

Agaliha
November 24th, 2005, 06:06 PM
I'm not really anything...I do have Hindu influences in my life though, a little Buddhist...and I'm looking into Taoism now.
But I don't classifly myself as being any of those, just because I lack some of the major beliefs of them [ex. I see the Gods differently than Hindus do].
I grew up with a faith which shall remain unnamed [it's not mainstream]...that had Hindu and Buddhist influences [even my first name is influenced by it] and well many have stuck with me, which is probably why I am drawn to them.

WandererInGray
December 3rd, 2005, 02:14 AM
*smiles and waves* 'Ello.

Mostly Buddhist with a primarily Zen influence. I also study Taoism, Bushido as a path, and have been a devotee of Kali-Ma for nearly four years now.

AdNoctum
December 5th, 2005, 01:38 AM
Hi. :)

Um... Hindu-ish. But I'm fascinated by Wiccan-style rituals, so if I ever become interested in doing rituals I'll probably utilize elements of both.

flameofjoy
December 7th, 2005, 12:34 PM
hmmm.... I'm not sure what pidgeon hole I fit into. :spaceman: Pagan is such a nebulous term. Most people I know use it when they want to mean anything other than mainstream Christianity. I guess I'm sort of a Tibetan Buddhist Druid, student of the Ageless Wisdom. :sunny:
~F

Darkwater Stone
February 13th, 2006, 06:16 PM
Just wanted to throw out there I've been studying eastern religions, including buddhism, and hinduism.

Shanti
February 13th, 2006, 06:43 PM
The Tao is my base. The rest is what I build on top of that base. :)