PDA

View Full Version : Dianic Altar ???

Crystal Raven
November 24th, 2005, 09:19 AM
I know with a traditional wiccan altar there is a "Gods" side and a "Goddesses" side and the middle area for both...what is the basic altar set up for a Dianic?

Mithrea
November 24th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Well. . . there really isn't one :) Z. Budapest lists a white altar cloth, a Mother Goddess image, an athame, a wand, cords, a chalice and a pentagam. Symbols of each element are also appropriate.

My altar is much different through. I like lots of bowls, pitchers and seashells: symbols of water. I also have several goddess representations, a yoni bowl and my tarot cards. Ummmm let's see. There are also a few symbols of my matron, three votive holders, and jars of wolfsbane and belladonna. My altar cloth is dark pink.

There are tons of possibilities, but it's most important that each piece have meaning for you. It's funny you ask because I was just working on this part of my outline for the CoT course ;)

Crystal Raven
November 24th, 2005, 06:53 PM
ty

:bouncybob I can't wait fo that class!!! and i knew you would be the one to answer this and I'm not telling what else I may or may not know!!! :lol:

how big is your altar? I am still trying after years and years to find the "right" one, but sually can't fit anything big enough to do a card spread on :( plus I like to have mine low, so I can sit on the floor as I do stuff

Mithrea
November 24th, 2005, 07:34 PM
ty

:bouncybob I can't wait fo that class!!! and i knew you would be the one to answer this and I'm not telling what else I may or may not know!!! :lol:

how big is your altar? I am still trying after years and years to find the "right" one, but sually can't fit anything big enough to do a card spread on :( plus I like to have mine low, so I can sit on the floor as I do stuff

What do you mean you're "not telling what else you know?"

Crystal Raven
November 24th, 2005, 07:49 PM
It's funny you ask because I was just working on this part of my outline for the CoT course

I have an impeccable sense of timing for many many things kinda like being a pyschic without knowing it so i was just goofing around :lol:

Mithrea
November 24th, 2005, 07:50 PM
It's a shelf, and it's a little high, but that means it stays intact better :p

Here is a pic (the ends got cut off.)

Crystal Raven
November 24th, 2005, 07:58 PM
oh thats so pretty!!!

I'll have to see if my cheesey digital will take a pic of mine so i can post it!!!

Mithrea
November 25th, 2005, 05:03 PM
oh thats so pretty!!!

I'll have to see if my cheesey digital will take a pic of mine so i can post it!!!

I'm looking forward to it! :)

RainInanna
June 17th, 2007, 10:59 PM
My Goddess shrine is currently home to a vase & bowl of seashells along with 3 large shells in a row, a crystal pyramid, a silver bell, and a framed ultrasound photo.

akewa
July 9th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Your alter is a very personal thing. I have one major that I work with and two others for the Goddesses themsevles.

I do not follow the wiccan format with my alter. Mine more represents a medicne wheel. I do have a Goddess statue in the middle with a message crystal and behind both a candle. I tend to perfer a circle alter cloth and use natrual elements on it. I did not even work with a athme for many many years. Instead using a feather or crystal. Each direction is repersent on my alter cloth but not in room or if I cast a cricle. As I said nothing unnatrual i.e. for water its a sheshell filled with water. Agate for earth ect you get the idea.

Do what feels right and you will be fine.
Goddess Bless