PDA

View Full Version : Kiani... a small question about "Sixth Sense"...

Tanemon
November 26th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Hi, Kiani :smile:

I originally read your "Sixth Sense Roll Call" post, coming at it with a general frame of mind, or general definition of "sixth sense" - but then figured you meant something pretty specific... about sensing spirits, ghosts, etc.

Besides having extrasensory experiences through a lot of my life, I've read a lot of books on these sorts of things. Included in my reading were classic books that go back fifty or a hundred years or more. So, as I seeit, there's the term "sixth sense" as it was used specifically in the movie by that name (Bruce Willis and all), then there's how it has more broadly been used in the literature - to include hunches, telepathy, intuitive psychological insight, foreknowledge, re-living historical scenes, etc, etc.

Does your interest mainly lie with sensing spirits?

All the best to you...

:sunny: Tanemon

Darklord_Kodiak
December 11th, 2005, 01:25 PM
Hi, Kiani :smile:

I originally read your "Sixth Sense Roll Call" post, coming at it with a general frame of mind, or general definition of "sixth sense" - but then figured you meant something pretty specific... about sensing spirits, ghosts, etc.

Besides having extrasensory experiences through a lot of my life, I've read a lot of books on these sorts of things. Included in my reading were classic books that go back fifty or a hundred years or more. So, as I seeit, there's the term "sixth sense" as it was used specifically in the movie by that name (Bruce Willis and all), then there's how it has more broadly been used in the literature - to include hunches, telepathy, intuitive psychological insight, foreknowledge, re-living historical scenes, etc, etc.

Does your interest mainly lie with sensing spirits?

All the best to you...

:sunny: Tanemon
The term has been around alot longer than the movie. I dont know the origin. The sixth sense is sensing what is not physical as where the other five senses rely on something physical. I know the military used the term as far as the world wars because they actually tried to train soldiers to develope it. My intersets mainly include all facets of the spirit world and the paranormal.