PDA

View Full Version : Yuletide at the Galenorn house...

Yasmine Galenorn
November 29th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Have the first pictures on line--our preparations and the cats helping us. Took some better ones and will develop them soon of how the house looks now, after three days solid work. :)

http://www.galenorn.com/greenwood/hearth/hh-yule9.htm

Yazza :colorful:

Crystal Raven
November 29th, 2005, 08:43 PM
too cute!!!
I love cats and bears!!! I have a special teddy bear on my bus...Binks the Bus Buddy Bear...put a witches hat on him for Samhaine, and picking him up a Santa Hat for Yule!!!

Yasmine Galenorn
November 30th, 2005, 12:08 AM
too cute!!!
I love cats and bears!!! I have a special teddy bear on my bus...Binks the Bus Buddy Bear...put a witches hat on him for Samhaine, and picking him up a Santa Hat for Yule!!!

Eventually, I'll have the pics up of our house now that everything's decorated. LOL...I love sparklies and the season is full of them. (And that's my Gund bear collection, they have quite a little world they live in. ~grins~).

My oldest bears aren't Gunds, though. I have one from when I was three--her name is Mary bear. I have one from when I was four--Merlly Bear, and then I got both Sandy Bear and Juanita the Mouse when I was six. Still have them all and still love them to pieces.

Yasmine :colorful:

Crystal Raven
November 30th, 2005, 12:39 AM
I have quite the collection, mostly Ty Attic collection...my oldest and most fav though is Edward, he's an old bear I got second hand as a child (5 or 6) and he has been through everything with me. A few years ago I found out he is an antique and is worth a pretty penny, but be over my dead and bleeding body before he got sold!!!

Yasmine Galenorn
December 1st, 2005, 09:53 PM
More pictures! Posted some of these in a thread in Just Talk, but those threads move fast.

Snowed here today:

http://www.galenorn.com/greenwood/hearth/hh-house11.htm
http://www.galenorn.com/greenwood/hearth/hh-house12.htm

Some of our Yule decorations:

http://www.galenorn.com/greenwood/hearth/hh-yule10.htm

BrigidMoon
December 4th, 2005, 12:56 AM
Beautiful! We're behind. Maybe tomorrow we will get it all together. Who knows. Kind of got me in the mood to get my lazy bum up and do some more. :)

zede
December 4th, 2005, 01:34 AM
your cats are beautiful ! i have eight cats and they are all very helpful with whatever i'm trying to do. one of my chihuahuas is named luna.

Yasmine Galenorn
December 4th, 2005, 05:53 PM
Beautiful! We're behind. Maybe tomorrow we will get it all together. Who knows. Kind of got me in the mood to get my lazy bum up and do some more. :)

I was dragging at first when I started, just was tired, but then I remembered how disappointed I was that I didn't do more for Samhain--had decorated but it just slipped by. And since Yule is my favorite holiday, I knew I'd regret it if I just went haphazard about it. The minute I started getting into putting up the decorations, I was in the mood (though I did hurt my shoulders and arms so bad I'm still sore--I have about five hundred ornaments on the tree). Now I'm SO glad I decked out the house--it's so pretty and sparkly and makes me feel all cozy. :)

And Zede: yeah, our four cats help us in every way they can conceivably think of...and of course, it's all in their definition of 'help'.... ;)

VelvetBlade
December 4th, 2005, 08:41 PM
For all cat lovers...Meowy Christmas.

On the first day of Christmas when I brought home my tree -

My 12 cats were laughing at me.

On the second day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree -

2 mangled garlands and my 12 cats laughing at me.

On the third day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree -

3 missing Wise Men, 2 mangled garlands, and my 12 cats laughing at me.

On the fourth day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree -

4 males a-spraying, 3 missing Wise Men, 2 mangled garlands, and my 12 cats laughing at me.

On the fifth day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree -

5 shredded gifts 4 males a-spraying 3 missing Wise Men 2 mangled garlands, and my 12 cats laughing at me.

On the sixth day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree -

6 fallen angels, 5 shredded gifts, 4 males a-spraying, 3 missing Wise Men, 2 mangled garlands, and my 12 cats laughing at me.

On the seventh day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree -

7 half-dead rodents, 6 fallen angels, 5 shredded gifts, 4 males a-spraying, 3 missing Wise Men, 2 mangled garlands, and my 12 cats laughing at me.

On the eighth day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree -

8 shattered ornaments, 7 half-dead rodents, 6 fallen angels, 5 shredded gifts, 4 males a-spraying, 3 missing Wise Men, 2 mangled garlands, and my 12 cats laughing at me.

On the ninth day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree -

9 chewed-through light strings, 8 shattered ornaments, 7 half-dead rodents, 6 fallen angels, 5 shredded gifts, 4 males a-spraying, 3 missing Wise Men, 2 mangled garlands, and my 12 cats laughing at me.

On the tenth day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree -

10 tinsel hairballs, 9 chewed-through light strings, 8 shattered ornaments, 7 half-dead rodents, 6 fallen angels, 5 shredded gifts, 4 males a-spraying, 3 missing Wise Men, 2 mangled garlands, and my 12 cats laughing at me.

On the eleventh day of Christmas I saw beneath my tree -

11 broken branches, 10 tinsel hairballs, 9 chewed-through light strings, 8 shattered ornaments, 7 half-dead rodents, 6 fallen angels, 5 shredded gifts, 4 males a-spraying, 3 missing Wise Men, 2 mangled garlands, and my 12 cats laughing at me.

On the twelfth day of Christmas I looked at my poor tree - - - - - -

12 cats a-climbing,
11 broken branches,
10 tinsel hairballs,
9 chewed-through light strings,
8 shattered ornaments,
7 half-dead rodents,
6 fallen angels,
5 s h r e d d e d g i f t s ,
4 males a-spraying,
3 missing Wise Men,
2 mangled garlands,
and my 12 cats laughing at me!

Yasmine Galenorn
December 4th, 2005, 10:45 PM
For all cat lovers...Meowy Christmas.....

Wonderful! ROFL...love it.

Did you see my Yuletide Carols...or rather the carols my gurlz wrote for Yule?
http://www.galenorn.com/catscorner/default.asp?body=ccholidays.htm

They definitely have their own agenda. :) Today we filled their stockings and they knew the presents were theirs. I had a bunch of little ears and tails waving around me as I tucked the prezzies in the stockings.

VelvetBlade
December 5th, 2005, 12:27 AM

They definitely have their own agenda. :) Today we filled their stockings and they knew the presents were theirs. I had a bunch of little ears and tails waving around me as I tucked the prezzies in the stockings.

Hehehehe...too cute!!

~VB

Yasmine Galenorn
December 9th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Hehehehe...too cute!!

~VB

*grins* They are at that.

BrigidMoon
December 11th, 2005, 02:15 AM
Finally! Got everything up :)

Lisa Di Dio
December 12th, 2005, 03:14 PM

I love these! Wonderful! :lol:

Lisa

amberwolf
December 17th, 2005, 09:35 AM
These just made my day wonderfully adorable :floating:

Yasmine Galenorn
December 17th, 2005, 10:59 PM
These just made my day wonderfully adorable :floating:

*grins* Glad to have made your day brighter, my dear!

Yasmine Galenorn
December 19th, 2005, 05:43 PM
ROFLMOA...okay, background: I am a volunteer staff member in a forum dedicated to pets and pet lovers. The 'critters' there have their own little forum to discuss 'hoominz' and what goes on in their worlds, and they hold an annual "Kissemowz" gift exchange, in which my gurlz take part. They got their gift box today from another kitty, and I put it under the tree. I just went out into the living room and found the wrapping (cellophane) torn off and all the toys and treats scattered all over the floor. I guess the gurlz couldn't wait until tomorrow night! LOL...it was so funny.

Aidron
December 20th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Thanks for the card kiddo. I would have e-mailed or called to thank you, but it is apparently my destiny to never keep track of such things.

Hope you're doing well and you have a lovely solstice.

Yasmine Galenorn
December 20th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Thanks for the card kiddo. I would have e-mailed or called to thank you, but it is apparently my destiny to never keep track of such things.

Hope you're doing well and you have a lovely solstice.

I can't believe I addressed it to your old name (I hadn't changed it in my addy book). But I remembered at the last minute. It's been a crazed past few months, but overall, good.

Hugs chickie,

Aidron
December 20th, 2005, 03:03 PM
I can't believe I addressed it to your old name (I hadn't changed it in my addy book). But I remembered at the last minute. It's been a crazed past few months, but overall, good.

Hugs chickie,

I noticed. I thought, "Perhaps in a flurry of chaos she couldn't remember how to sort me out in her brain." [grins]

That or you're trying to convince our mail man that I suffer from multiple personalities. You trouble maker you.

My address book is currently a $0.99 notebook from CVS with very little in it since my philosophy is procrastination of the non-critical things.

Yasmine Galenorn
December 20th, 2005, 03:20 PM
I noticed. I thought, "Perhaps in a flurry of chaos she couldn't remember how to sort me out in her brain." [grins]

That or you're trying to convince our mail man that I suffer from multiple personalities. You trouble maker you.

My address book is currently a $0.99 notebook from CVS with very little in it since my philosophy is procrastination of the non-critical things.

Brain? What brain? My brain is tied up in my books right now, I don't use it when I'm not in my office, didn't you know that? :tongueout

I have three address books. Well, two--one in the living room, one in my portable Day-Timer (as opposed to the *BIG* Day-timer on my desk), and then two Rolodexes, one for business, one for personal contacts. Sometimes I forget to update them all. I try to go through them once every few months and coordinate all the changes and additions. Of course, then I've got my email contacts but that's all done on my computer.

And yes, I have a plot designed to convince people that you, my chickie, are ready to be committed, at which time I'll convince your mother to let me take all your Rainbow Brite things and sell them on Ebay and make a fortune. *koffs*

(Nah, I just like messin' with your mind). ~grins~

MysticWitch
December 20th, 2005, 03:28 PM
love it

LisaT4P
December 24th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Another kitty christmas picture for the collection here. This is our Naga, whom we often call "naga-bitches".

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/lkrough2/NagaXmas.jpg

Which do you think she was? Bad or good? You may be able to tell from the eyes. LOL :)

Yasmine Galenorn
December 24th, 2005, 06:05 PM
Another kitty christmas picture for the collection here. This is our Naga, whom we often call "naga-bitches".

Which do you think she was? Bad or good? You may be able to tell from the eyes. LOL :)

GOOD GODS...what DID you do to that cat? ROFLMAO!

We had a lovely Yule here. Big post about the past week in my personal blog (http://www.galenorn.com/teashop/default.asp?body=asweblog.htm). Took down the tree and decorations yesterday and tucked everybody away nice and organized for next year. Since we put up all the decorations on the day after Thanksgiving, by a couple days after solstice I'm ready to take them down, even though I miss the colored lights. In fact, I'm thinking of getting one of those fiber optics displays because I love the 'faerie lights'...LOL...

Anyway, it was a good holiday, and this new year looks like it might be one of the best yet! I sure plan on making it that way!

Gareth
December 24th, 2005, 09:52 PM
GOOD GODS...what DID you do to that cat? ROFLMAO!

Oh come on now.
She's in a good mood in that pic!
No, I'm not kidding.

She's the mother of 2 black kittens.
After they were born she went all angry on us. :D

VelvetBlade
December 24th, 2005, 09:56 PM

Hey Lisa,
Is that what happens after living with Gareth for too long? hehehehehe....

~VB

Gareth
December 24th, 2005, 11:16 PM
Hey Lisa,
Is that what happens after living with Gareth for too long? hehehehehe....

~VB

Hey!!

:razz:

And that's all I've got to say to you!!

Yasmine Galenorn
December 25th, 2005, 01:00 AM
Oh come on now.
She's in a good mood in that pic!
No, I'm not kidding.

She's the mother of 2 black kittens.
After they were born she went all angry on us. :D

Yeah, yeah, I've heard it before. :tongueout

I bet you were telling her that she looked scruffy, or that you were going to cut off her kitty treat supply! Yuppers...I know all the tricks. I have four cats and *that* look usually says the 'hoominz' did something pretty questionable. :muwaha: ~grins~