PDA

View Full Version : body dysmorphic disorder info

bbnflpn
December 1st, 2005, 08:12 AM
all of us feel some what unhappy with our bodies at times, some more than others, this is a thread for those who may have a problem, i am BDD to a point, but not to the point that is disabling.

Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD) is a mental disorder defined as a preoccupation with a perceived defect in one's appearance. If a slight defect is present, which others hardly notice, then the concern is regarded as markedly excessive. In order to receive the diagnosis, the preoccupation must cause significant distress or impairment in one's occupational or social functioning.

http://www.btinternet.com/~david.veale/bddinfo.html
http://www.psychnet-uk.com/dsm_iv/body_dysmorphic_disorder.htm

LyraDragonStar
December 2nd, 2005, 01:12 AM
Hmm...I think I might have a mild case of this...maybe.

I tend to look at my reflection in anything I can get my hands on. However, I dont' know why I do it cuz everytime I do, I always critisize myself about how I look. Usually it's my hair or my skin. I need a hair cut and I have acne problems. They annoy me to no end. NO end.

Now, people say that I'm not bad looking, but I think I am!!

Lately, I've been preocupied with improving how I look. I feel like I'm gaining weight in my stomach because a new pair of jeans will now NOT fit..and it's mystomach, trust me. I ask my mom about 1 billion times a day if I can get a hair cut even though I know she'll say no. So, I keep just messing with it, trying to fix it. I'm getting so mad at my hair....tonight. GRR. :lol: I even went searching my room for as much money as I could dig up..which was a total of $8.35. Then my skin...I want it cleared up so bad. I want to have nice skin like my friends..and like...MOST of the girls in my school. I want to be pretty.

Honestly, I think I'm not pretty so guys don't like me. I want guys to like me...lol. I want clothes that fit me perfectly, I want the body that I don't have. *rollseyes*

And I will shut up now. As you can tell, I am quite unhappy with my body.