PDA

View Full Version : My puzzle comes together...

Northstar
March 24th, 2001, 12:44 PM
Brightest greetings to all!
I am Northstar. I go by this since I have had an
avid interest in astrology(especially the North star~Polaris),and occult, since a child. I'm another one of those who marches to the beat of a different drummer.... I think most of you know what I mean.
Never fitting in in school, or in the work place, just have
different outlooks on life and "The All". I always felt at peace only when surrounded by nature. As a child, I would play in the woods all day if allowed to, and felt close to the "Gods?" of the winds, clouds, skys, and trees. I felt so "intouch" there.
I have been seeking spirituality for so many years I can't remember when I wasn't! Knowing I was different, seeming to be able to have a "Knowing" of the outcome of things, uncanny, or have dream clips that became realities, like a "DeJavou". Not sure how, or if any of these things pieced together or how to harness them with any control, I've read many occult related books on ESP and such, but never had looked into witchcraft, or Goddess, nature religions. No other religions ever interested me as they seemed to be full of bigotry. Or the "Holier than thou" type that seem so false.
A few of years ago, I went to a Psychic fair, and had 2 different readings done. The first was a psychic that held my hands and tried to tell me about my life, but nothing she said made sense!
The second reading I took, only after studying the readers carefully, and letting my instincts pick. I have learned to always trust my instincts... This reading was a Tarot reading and he told me a lot of things that were actually going on in my life, and he told me I was still searching for my spirituality, and where I should start.
He wrote down on paper a couple of book names...
The SpiralDance, and The Witch in Every Woman.
I rushed out that day and bought SpiralDance and read most of it though hard to follow, and I skipped around in it a bit. I knew I was onto something, but was unsure how.
The book sat aside for the past 2 years as I have worked on a wonderful relationship with a man. I still
was missing the spirituality. So, I pulled out SprialDance and started reading, then would put it down, not sure this was what I was seeking. I even went as far as leaving it at a Hospital waiting room, but it called to me to return it to MY possession, and I retrieved it.
Since then, I have researched online, and read as many books, and websites as I can get my hands onto.
Now for a question... My 11 yr old son seems to share my affirmations for the Occult, and wants to read my books. He too is the loner type as I am, and does'nt have pals much to speek of so he delves into books.
At times I have let him read a bit of Sprial Dance, but as I found it a bit hard to follow at times, I didn't think it was good for him to start. I bought "Teen Witch" for him,
but would like to have a book that has more historical values for him to build on and have a good background of the different naturistic religions. Anyone have any good Ideas? Thanks for your help!
BB,
Northstar

Earth Walker
March 27th, 2001, 05:41 PM
:) Have you read the book by Zsuzsanna Budapest,
The Holy Book of Women's Mysteries?

She has written other good books as well. :D

Her Light will guide our paths. :sunny:

Northstar
March 27th, 2001, 11:15 PM
Thanks for your reply, I didn't think anyone cared about my lengthy story or my question. Thanks...
I'll look for that book when I'm at Barnes and Noble next time. I try to get there to see what new books they have once a month.
Blessed Be
Northstar

belladonna23
March 27th, 2001, 11:42 PM
Hi, Northstar.
I have been trying to come up with some titles of books that your son might enjoy, but all I find is stuff for little kids. I'm still working on it!

Northstar
March 28th, 2001, 08:46 AM
Belladonna,
Thanks, I know that it is hard because I have been searching book titles myself for a couple of weeks for
a book for him. The Witch in Every Woman has some
good stories about some of the Dieties, but I don't think
he'll read it because of the title, you know... "that's girls stuff" he'd say. I like Laurie Cabots writing style. I will read more of her books as well.
Thanks for any ideas!
Northstar

Kaylara
April 4th, 2001, 01:24 PM
Northstar~
My 12 yr old brother seems to like myths, so perhaps some books on different myths from around the world. I would also say that Circle Round by Starhawk, et al. has some pretty good ideas in it.

Kaylara

Northstar
April 4th, 2001, 07:30 PM
Kaylara,

I'll have to check that one out. I found that Sprial Dance
was a bit hard to follow at times, purely by the writing style. I'll check into Circle Round, maybe it's what I'm looking for. He's been reading To Ride A Silver Broomstick, for now till I can find a book with more mythology.
Thanks,

silvermoon
April 4th, 2001, 07:31 PM
Welcome Northstar and Son,

While reading your message, Ideas about books for son came to mind. I don't know if her books are available in the US but Fiona Horne is quite good and her style is light and easy to read. If you can get her Books, here are the titles :

WITCH : A Personal Journey
WITCH : A Magickal Year
and I think the title of her third book (aimed at adolescents and teens) is LIFE'S A WITCH

Blessed be

silvermoon

Northstar
April 4th, 2001, 07:38 PM
Silvermoon,

I have seen her latest book out in the stores, the one with her pic on the cover... I can't remember which
one it was. I'm sure if Life's a Witch isn't in stock they could order it for me.
Thanks for the ideas!