View Full Version : Empathic Shock

December 7th, 2005, 09:42 PM
I had my first ever empathic shock today.

It was 6:30 in the morning when I took him to the hospital. He had a scheduled appointment for a day surgery, and said he would be out by 10am or so.

I was tired, the child was grumpy and so we went home and waited to him to call.

The surgery itself was something he had self inflicted, I mean, I told him over and over to go to the doctor to check it out before it got that bad, but alas, he hates doctors. He's the man who stitches himself, who hot knife's a cut at work, who isn't afraid of pain. He's the man who, when he did go to the doctor, walked into the office with Level 3 Pneumonia, the most severe case. Doctors generally find these people in hospital beds, not working for months at 45-50 hours a week with it!

I woke up again at 10:30, night before had been difficult so I needed more sleep. At 11:30am he still had not called. I got up then, and went to find the number for the hospital. I talked to a nurse on the phone who said he was still sleeping and not yet ready to be admitted. I asked when he would be released and she said, "I'll call you when he's ready."

Already that sense of worry came over me, I mean, when he was in the surgery and I was dreaming I could see curtains around me, and doctors, it was almost like part of me was there with him. I knew when he had gotten out of surgery and fell asleep, it was the same time I felt paralysed in bed, and that was at 10:30am.

The nurse said that was the time he got out of surgery.

I went to pick him up at 1:00pm. That was when the shock hit me like a ton of bricks. He got into the car and, I could feel in my wrist where they put his IV. He smelled like a hospital, he looked sick and weak, and horrid. It didn't help when he began to talk about being injected with anesthesia. I began to feel woozy and nauseous myself, I don't do well with needles and blood and hospital things.

I drove him, trying to control the horrible feeling that I can't even describe. It was like, death itself, like all his energy had been drained while he was in there, and he was definitely not himself, quiet, shaking, wanting to go home and to sleep.

The day before he had plans to come home and do some baking, today he actually told me to call in sick for him because the doctors said he couldn't go to work tomorrow.

Along the drive the feeling persisted, and it was honestly, like a shock to my entire system. My abilities were incredibly heightened and I don't know why. I guess more than anything, it scared me to see him like this, so weak and helpless. He could barely stand, barley walk.

I know he'll be okay, but it was such a horrible shock, don't know how to describe it.

Thanks for listening,

December 8th, 2005, 01:07 AM
calming and healing energy sent :hugz:

December 9th, 2005, 12:05 AM