PDA

View Full Version : Pregnancy Testing Questions

Rainmoon_mist
December 9th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Alrighty- so I went off the pill last month. I should have been due for my first non-Pill perioid in 11 years last Monday and ...no period yet. I have tested as recent as yesterday and am not testing positive as pregnanct...

So my question is- since I was 'supposed' to have olvulated sometime in late November- this would have been the time of conception, right? So there is no point to keep testing if I received negative results yesterday because I would have AlREADY conceived, right?? Or is it theoretically possible to get pregnant any day of the month?

Also- is it possible that if I do not get a period, that means I did not ovulate?

Thanks- I am a little confused these days since the cessation of the Pill!
:0)

ObsessedFae86
December 9th, 2005, 12:42 AM
AH tough one...I'm really not sure..but maybe you should get a blood test..They can tell earlier than any epts or whatever. :)

halfwaynowhere
December 9th, 2005, 01:13 AM
well, i'm not positive, but i think that your schedule can fall out of whack when you have changes in your birth control, so it sounds pretty normal that you're late, but i'm sure someone else can give you better information...

RubyRose
December 9th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Your cycle may just be a little off. I know mine was, when I came off Implanon, after being on it for 3 years. I just assumed my cycle would go back to normal, seeing as it was normal before I was on contraceptives. So when I was what I thought was around 2 weeks late, I tested, and subsequently wound up with a positive pregnancy test. Turned out though my due date was later than I had estimated, judged on my last period.
I'd get a blood test, that way you'll know for sure.

Ceres
December 9th, 2005, 08:13 AM
It usually extends your cycle when you go off the pill. For me, my period would always start on the second full moon after I went off the pill. It was always around six weeks from one period (on the pill) to the next(off the pill). If it has been a month since you last bled, it is possible you are ovulating now

Ceres
December 11th, 2005, 12:04 PM
well? any news?

MoonDust
December 11th, 2005, 01:43 PM
it couldbe it's too soon and it's just not registering on the tes. wait a few days... maybe 3 or so and test again.

kal
December 11th, 2005, 03:19 PM
i can honestly state i know more about string theorie
than a womans cycle :whatgives

Rainmoon_mist
December 11th, 2005, 06:58 PM
No news to report! I am going with the extended period and ovulation theory and should know more probly in a few weeks. Thanks for all the advice- it keeps me thinking and I love to hear everyone's experiences.
For what it's worth- I met with my coven today to plan Yule and we did Tarot- I am fertile all the way!! Cards were all over it ;-)