PDA

View Full Version : Off the Wall!

Happy Shrew
December 11th, 2005, 09:13 PM
I'm somewhat prone to messed up dreams, but these past couple of nights have really taken the cake. What's going on with me?

On Friday night I had a dream about someone I know here at college. He was going on about how he bought all of these boxes of Juicy Juice on sale three years ago but never drank them, and he was worried that they might have gone bad. All of the boxes had Sesame Street characters on them (a phenomenon which apparently does exist but I didn't know this until I told someone about this dream later). So I was sitting there thinking about what to do with all this juice and, upon slightly waking up, I had an idea - sell 'em on eBay as mint condition collector's items!

I was sleeping over at my boyfriends, so in my mostly-asleep condition I somehow mustered up the ability to talk and we had this inane conversation:

Me: I have an idea.
Him: Hmm?
Me: Wait... does Brian have three year old juice?
Him: No.
Me: Oh.

Then I drifted back to sleep enough to start dreaming again. I went and asked the guy if he really had the juice, and he said yes, so I wanted to say "See, he DOES!" but I didn't wake up (fortunately).

Funny thing is that, when I told the guy about my dream, he said he was actually trying to find some of that Ecto Cooler stuff that Hawaiian Punch used to make back when Ghostbusters first came out. So he IS in the old juice market, just not Juicy Juice with Sesame Street.

Last night I dreamt that I found this island that I thought was Cuba, but was actually the city of Des Moines, Iowa. The city had lifted up out of the midwest and settled in the Carribean somehow, and all of the locals pronounced the place's name as Dez Minz. Even though they suddenly had all this awesome beachfront property, they still acted like they were in the Great Plains, and barely anyone even realized anything had happened even though they had been there for a good while. I think the mayor was the only one who knew what was going on.

Later on last night I dreamt that I was a male kid (I may have been Bart Simpson) who wound up working for one of the villains in Dick Tracy. I spent my time secretly opening up doors that had been suspiciously taped closed with duct tape. I figured I'd satisfy my curiosity in a quiet way that wouldn't get me in trouble. I had started with the door-opening when I heard this woman screaming "Let me in, let me in!" and pounding on a door that was apparently on the street, but behind a set of five or six taped-shut doors. I got through enough of them to see her through a window - she got snatched away. The woman was Breathless Mahoney - I kid you not when I say this was a Dick Tracy universe I was in. Which is weird, since I haven't seen/read Dick Tracy in over ten years.

I also had a brief dream last night that involved a kid sprinkling some sort of white powdered carpet cleaner on the rug. There is a stain on the rug in my boyfriend's room, and it was that same rug I saw for sure. I think I was just watching the kid from the bed where both of us were sleeping, actually. For some reason, though, I knew that the carpet cleaner was poisonous and the kid was trying to kill us. At the time I dreamt this my boyfriend was rubbing my back while asleep, and I interpreted it as a threat and shook the poor guy awake as an attempt at defending myself.

I guess my question after describing all of this is a simple "What the HELL, man?"

Happy Shrew
December 16th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Just to clear any confusion, I AM asking for any interpretation input. The overarching thing being "is there any meaning to having such twekaed-out dreams?"

SidneyCozzoi
December 16th, 2005, 03:38 PM
Okay. Here goes. I have some questions for you. Let's start with the first one:
What does Sesame Street mean to you? Did you watch it a lot as a kid? Was it a part of your life regularly at some point?
This person from school, have you exchanged energy with him... meaning do you get or send vibes from or to him?

Happy Shrew
December 17th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Sesame Street was a childhood favorite for me. I grew up without cable, so PBS was my main source of entertainment. I still have a bunch of Sesame Street music because I enjoy the silliness factor and love to keep my inner child active.

No energy exchange or any other remarkable thing with this guy. He's my boyfriend's brother's roommate, so you can imagine that the connection is rather distant and non-involved. The most we ever do is discuss demented comedy sketch ideas.

SidneyCozzoi
December 20th, 2005, 01:43 AM
He may trigger a nostalgia in you that takes you to a place no one else does. I think he may help you to trigger a large part of your creativity, hence the great idea at the end of the dream. You might want to try and take some of your ideas together more seriously or apply that creativity to something else. You might make a really good team, or you just need more friends like him in your life.
As for your other dream, do you feel at all insecure in your interpersonal relationships? Where you once turned on by a friend as a child? The stain on the carpet could be that blemsih in your past friendships/relationships and the child could actually be you trying to "kill" the history behind who you are now, since the child was trying to kill you. Your boyfriend is someone you are vulnerable to. Is there any even slight or past trust issue with him?

Happy Shrew
December 20th, 2005, 02:10 PM
He may trigger a nostalgia in you that takes you to a place no one else does.

That's actually an interesting point. Almost all of our conversations wind up referring to some cartoon we both saw as kids. Never Sesame Street - more like G. I. Joe and Ghostbusters - but that does help bring a point to light. Thanks!

I think he may help you to trigger a large part of your creativity, hence the great idea at the end of the dream. You might want to try and take some of your ideas together more seriously or apply that creativity to something else. You might make a really good team, or you just need more friends like him in your life.

That also makes sense considering the fact that we come up with humorous skits but never do anything with them. Better start writing 'em down!

As for your other dream, do you feel at all insecure in your interpersonal relationships?

As a general point, no. My dad and I have a real hit-and-miss relationship, but everything else is great.

Where you once turned on by a friend as a child?

Assuming you mean this in the context of betrayal, once or twice. I always wound up on top at the end, though - sneaky kids have a tendency to trip over their own feet from what I've experienced.

The stain on the carpet could be that blemsih in your past friendships/relationships and the child could actually be you trying to "kill" the history behind who you are now, since the child was trying to kill you.

Actually, the stain was literally a vomit stain from the weekend before. My boyfriend had a really rough night, but it led to us having an interesting conversation about life's priorities and how much we genuinely trust each other. I suppose the event was a blemish in that it's never fun to watch someone puke, but we both felt we gained enough from the experience to make the ickiness worthwhile. If anything, I'd think the stain represented trust during rough times, which would then make the child seem like more of a form of interference than anything. Hmmm....

Your boyfriend is someone you are vulnerable to. Is there any even slight or past trust issue with him?

No. He's probably the person I trust most of all, and he's never let me down from that front. When we had that rough night he made mention of the fact that he tends to lose things he cares about and that he sometimes worries that he'll somehow lose the relationship he has with me. I meant it when I told him I wouldn't let it happen, and he knew it and said the same thing for himself. It is true that I'm vulnerable to him, but I see that as no different than an infant being vulnerable to the parents. Vulnerable doesn't imply bad - sometimes it's just another word for trusting.

This has been really helpful so far - thanks so much!

SidneyCozzoi
December 20th, 2005, 03:00 PM
I find through asking questions instead of giving a straight interpertation helps people discover the messages more clearly for themselves. Hope I can help! I love interperting dreams :-D