PDA

View Full Version : How do U get rid of the build up?

Walking Spirit
December 15th, 2005, 08:47 PM
I work in a stressfull environment with families that are either in crisis or just need alot of help. I find that this drains me so much that I actually get mentally tired. I had to leave the same type of job - different setting though for the same reason. I work with people who have disabilities, so there is obviously many feelings going on. People have caught on that I am "in tune" as they say with people but don't think about why any further. Anyways, every so often I get so "full" that I don't know where to go. I have built up stuff from work, family, you name it. It gets to be overwhelming. And becuase of this - I get into a slump and can't get out. I can't even meditate right now - and I was doing so well too. Any suggestions on how to release it?

Tanemon
December 15th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Personally, I would say we were addressing a pretty similar practical question in AutumnRain's very recent "Dealing with angry people/situations and excess energy?" on this forum. I would tend to answer your question in the same way I posted to that thread (which you might care to read). :smile:

Others here may have other ideas, equally worth hearing.

:sunny: Tanemon

~*Woodrose*~
May 5th, 2006, 03:42 AM
i normally ground and then i cant remember wat its called but its where you feel the energy uve given to ppl throu the day and u take it back visuallise and bucket and fill it full of the energy (wateva colour u want eg blue-peace, etc) and tip it in to ur aura
i always finds that that helps me relieve myself of the bad feelings of others and it only take a mnute

luv woodrose

Bethra
May 14th, 2006, 08:02 AM
Inverably I go out for a long walk in the country ON MY OWN!!!!!!!!! That last bit is normaly said through gritted teeth LOL. But in all seriousness overload is bad and I personaly have often suffered it since I have so many different hats I have to wear. The only way I can drain some of the excess off is in solatude and in a place I can connect with the earth and draw power from it back into myself with ease.

Pesha
May 15th, 2006, 11:09 PM
I carry various stones with me and try and meditate and breath out the emotions etc I have taken in. I also call upon the water sprits...Undines...to help and cleanse me when I am in the shower.

Johnathan Brisby
July 8th, 2006, 04:16 PM
Running flushes out everything, I usually do some calisthenics afterward-- very light, one set of each. Not enough to drain my energy, but enough to jump-start it after toxic encounters have disrupted the natural flow.:hahugh:

Kalika
August 24th, 2006, 05:06 PM
Beat the crap out of something. (Preferably a punching bag... but a pillow, bed, or couch will do also)

Physical exhaustion tends to allow me to let it all go. ;)

sweetfairy
September 1st, 2006, 04:19 PM
photography for me.. is one and going up to the mountains..
when not possible i have a swing on my porch and i tune everything out and swing with my eyes closed.. you disconect from yourself and relax