PDA

View Full Version : Books: The Sisters of the Moon Series

Yasmine Galenorn
December 22nd, 2005, 08:12 PM
DONE with the first book! 85,000 words written, revised, and ready to print and send off. And I'm happy with it. Hope that my editor likes it because this one, folks, kicks butt. I am so looking forward to writing the next one in the series. This one comes out next October, btw, just in time for Samhain/Halloween.

_wiz_ _wiz_ _wiz_ _wiz_ _wiz_

Now, to print this, send it, then clean my office and start the proposal for the third India Ink book. But first, after cleaning my office, one week to play in. I have a couple of short articles to write, but that's a cake walk compared to a book.

:fprtyman3 :fprtyman3 :fprtyman3 :fprtyman3 :fprtyman3

Yasmine :colorful:

BrigidMoon
December 23rd, 2005, 12:46 PM
YAY! That's so exciting! I bet you are TOO psyched to get that out there!!!

I can't wait to read it! :)

Lisa Di Dio
December 23rd, 2005, 01:45 PM
DONE with the first book! 85,000 words written, revised, and ready to print and send off. And I'm happy with it. Hope that my editor likes it because this one, folks, kicks butt. I am so looking forward to writing the next one in the series. This one comes out next October, btw, just in time for Samhain/Halloween.

_wiz_ _wiz_ _wiz_ _wiz_ _wiz_

Now, to print this, send it, then clean my office and start the proposal for the third India Ink book. But first, after cleaning my office, one week to play in. I have a couple of short articles to write, but that's a cake walk compared to a book.

:fprtyman3 :fprtyman3 :fprtyman3 :fprtyman3 :fprtyman3

WOOO HOOOO!!!!! Go, Yazza! I'm going to have to dedicate a whole shelf to your books before too long. And believe me, I'm not complaining!

_pounce_
Big hugs!
Lisa

VelvetBlade
December 23rd, 2005, 01:58 PM
wtg girl !!!

~VB

DragonsChest
December 23rd, 2005, 01:59 PM
Ack!!!! I want to read it NOWWWWWWW! How long do I have to wait? October 2006? *whimper*

And a great big Conga Rats to you, dear, for finishing up. Have fun during your well deserved rest. :hugz:

Yasmine Galenorn
December 23rd, 2005, 04:04 PM
Ack!!!! I want to read it NOWWWWWWW! How long do I have to wait? October 2006? *whimper*

And a great big Conga Rats to you, dear, for finishing up. Have fun during your well deserved rest. :hugz:

A Blush With Death: May 2006
One Hex of a Wedding: August 2006
(to be titled) Sisters of the Moon book: October 2006

*grins* Just a few months.

Yazza :colorful:

DragonsChest
December 23rd, 2005, 04:24 PM
A Blush With Death: May 2006
One Hex of a Wedding: August 2006
(to be titled) Sisters of the Moon book: October 2006

*grins* Just a few months.

*whew* Well okay. As long as I have something to look forward to before Oct 2006, I guess I'll live. :cheers:

BrigidMoon
December 24th, 2005, 04:49 PM
You'll find this funny. I had to find my present, Harvest of The Bones because Nick couldn't! It was right in front of the New Mystery releases shelf at Barnes and Noble! :)

ObsessedFae86
December 24th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Great! Congrats! I'm going to buy! :)

Yasmine Galenorn
December 24th, 2005, 06:07 PM
You'll find this funny. I had to find my present, Harvest of The Bones because Nick couldn't! It was right in front of the New Mystery releases shelf at Barnes and Noble! :)

THAT is good to hear--any time they put anything on the 'new releases' shelf it means that it's getting extra attention and that's vital. I sure hope you like A Harvest of Bones--let me know! So far, people are weighing in that it's the best of the bunch, and I think so too.

Huggles,

Dusk
December 28th, 2005, 10:25 PM
I enjoyed this last book very much. I am looking forward to the next one already.

Yasmine Galenorn
December 29th, 2005, 02:51 PM
I enjoyed this last book very much. I am looking forward to the next one already.

I take it you mean A Harvest of Bones? Next CC book comes out in August. Next I-I book comes out in May. And the first SOTM book comes out in October. I just got the back cover copy for it yesterday and it lists release date as October 6th, right in time for Samhain/Halloween! Perfect timing. And it will be released mass market from Berkley proper, no imprints. :) That's a good thing.

BrigidMoon
December 30th, 2005, 04:15 PM
THAT is good to hear--any time they put anything on the 'new releases' shelf it means that it's getting extra attention and that's vital. I sure hope you like A Harvest of Bones--let me know! So far, people are weighing in that it's the best of the bunch, and I think so too.

Huggles,

Well, I have to say, I am battling myself between Scent To Her Grave and Harvest. BUT...I am giving them both equal time. I think the 1st book of this new series is very SMOOTH and easy to follow. I like that a lot!

Yasmine Galenorn
December 31st, 2005, 02:07 PM
Well, I have to say, I am battling myself between Scent To Her Grave and Harvest. BUT...I am giving them both equal time. I think the 1st book of this new series is very SMOOTH and easy to follow. I like that a lot!

LOL, moving my answer over to the India Ink thread. Just easier to try and keep them separate!

Yasmine Galenorn
January 30th, 2006, 09:30 PM
WOO HOO....editor loved Witchling--not many revisions, just punching up a few aspects which won't be hard and which I totally agree with!

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

Yasmine Galenorn
February 24th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Okay, revisions are done and the editor loves it--a LOT. They're putting the series out under the Berkley mainstream line, but as a paranormal romance, which works. October 2006, folks...just in time for Samhain and Halloween! And from what she says, they've hired a good artist for it. I'm bouncing off the walls!

DragonsChest
February 24th, 2006, 06:38 PM
Okay, revisions are done and the editor loves it--a LOT. They're putting the series out under the Berkley mainstream line, but as a paranormal romance, which works. October 2006, folks...just in time for Samhain and Halloween! And from what she says, they've hired a good artist for it. I'm bouncing off the walls!

When can we pre-order?

Yasmine Galenorn
February 24th, 2006, 06:53 PM
When can we pre-order?

As soon as I see it go up on Amazon, I'll let you know. They're really behind this series, DC...and I just have a feeling about this one....big time. Knots in the stomach feeling...good ones, but still knots....~grins~

DragonsChest
February 24th, 2006, 06:54 PM
:hugz:

Yasmine Galenorn
March 1st, 2006, 12:59 PM
:hugz:

Thanks Chickie...I'm so excited about this series...finally, a genre I can pour my heart into!

Yasmine Galenorn
March 22nd, 2006, 02:22 PM
The cover of Witchling (http://www.galenorn.com/inkandquill/assoms.htm#Books) ROCKS! (Link will take you to it). It just kicks ass, and is PERFECT for the book! (Can you tell I'm a happy camper???).

Lisa Di Dio
March 22nd, 2006, 02:58 PM
As well you should be! The cover is AWESOME, as befitting the book.
:abanana:

dragoncrone
March 22nd, 2006, 04:55 PM
YESSS the cover is fandamtastic -- I read the blurb and went 'huh?' because we have a Wayfarer Inn here in town, only it's the local homeless shelter...H'mmm...

Yasmine Galenorn
March 22nd, 2006, 05:10 PM
YESSS the cover is fandamtastic -- I read the blurb and went 'huh?' because we have a Wayfarer Inn here in town, only it's the local homeless shelter...H'mmm...

LOL...I think every fantasy series has a Wayfarer Inn...but the name was just...the name...so I used it anyway. *grins*

WandererInGray
March 24th, 2006, 09:53 PM
Oh awesome! *dances around*

Yasmine Galenorn
March 25th, 2006, 03:04 AM
Oh awesome! *dances around*

Yeah, isn't it? I'm so hyped, so very hyped!

BTW: CE Murphy's going to be at Writer's Weekend (hint hint...come up, my dear, come up...)

Yasmine Galenorn
March 31st, 2006, 02:02 PM
Okay, sent out a note via my newsletter update letter (which is
basically telling people the April newsletter may end up being the May
newsletter), but letting people know here too, in case y'all aren't
signed up for both.

Witchling is now up on Amazon for pre-order (http://tinyurl.com/f3g3f)! YAY!

Yasmine (off to write some more, wrote 23 pages yesterday AND made a
big turkey dinner) :colorful:

DragonsChest
March 31st, 2006, 02:53 PM
Is it going to be offered in hardback? The link offers it only in paperback. Thanks!

Yasmine Galenorn
March 31st, 2006, 03:01 PM
Is it going to be offered in hardback? The link offers it only in paperback. Thanks!

If the series takes off like they think it has the potential too, it will probably go into hardback later on, but with a lot of books now, they don't start out in hardback because of lower sales. People will slap down $7 for a paperback where they won't for give $25 for a hardback until they know they love the series.

So, my guess is--if the cards play out the way things are looking, a few more books down the line and I will quite possibly see hardback and reissues of the earlier ones that way.

This series is being marketed as paranormal romance, which has a much wider audience than mystery. :) And the book really doesn't fit the mystery field.

DragonsChest
March 31st, 2006, 04:35 PM
No worries -- I'm buying it anyway, just was wondering...!

Yasmine Galenorn
March 31st, 2006, 09:39 PM
No worries -- I'm buying it anyway, just was wondering...!

LOL...and I was just explaining. :)

rhinoa
July 11th, 2006, 07:14 PM
I'm not sure how I have managed to miss these books (must have had my head in the sand or something...) but will nip over to Amazon now to check them out. Must remember to check back here more often doh!

Yasmine Galenorn
December 19th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Gack, it's been a long time since I've been updating here. Too long, but just swamped. Okay, here's the deal with these books (http://mysticwicksmagazine.com/?p=98) and what's going on with me at this time. There's more on my site, and here are the ones that are currently out:

Witchling
Changeling
Darkling
Dragon Wytch

Are all available.

Night Huntress is due out 1.6.2009
Demon Mistress: 6.2.2009
Bone Magic: 1.2010
Inked (an anthology with an OW novella--Etched in Silver): 1.2010

The German Versions of the first six Sisters books will be coming out starting in 2009, and the French versions will be coming out starting in 2009. Audiobooks will be available of the first four starting in 2009, and e-books are available of all of them, I believe.

The others to come will probably follow the January and June or July schedule, and there will be at least 9 books, probably more at this point. :)

I'm currently having a contest over at Bitten By Books where you can have a chance to win one of three copies of Night Huntress, plus a couple cool contests on my site (http://www.galenorn.com/blog) and on the Moon Stalkers Myspace fan page (http://www.myspace.com/moonstalkers).

Okay, that's updated. *running like crazy here under deadlines*

Yasmine

Yasmine Galenorn
December 19th, 2008, 06:46 PM
And, because it's just too cool--here's the cover for Demon Mistress and the first three German translations.

Yasmine

Teresa
December 19th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Excellent ! I will catch up to you on myspace too hopefully, Sabariego515 is my handle!