PDA

View Full Version : Being An Empath

Sacred-Magick
December 27th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Merry Meet all. I first off want to say that I just joined and this is my first post. Okay, anyways, a few years back I started noticing how I was able to feel a person's feelings and pain and with a little research I found out that I was an empath...so my question is, does anyone have anything that can help me better understand it and maybe how to control what I feel?

Findarto
December 27th, 2005, 08:50 PM
Two Words:
Empathic Bunker.

Search for it.

Evendusk
December 27th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Lots of threads on empathy. Welcome to MW! :welcome:

Lilith79
December 27th, 2005, 09:42 PM
I second the Empathetic Bunker. You are not alone.

Briana
December 28th, 2005, 12:51 AM
You're definitely not alone. I went years not knowing what was going on! First thing I recommend, is learn: grounding and shielding (emphasis on shielding). Start out with a simple shield and you can gradually make it more complex if you feel the need. Don't totally shut yourself off unless in an emergency. Make your shield block the negative (so you don't take it into yourself) but allows you to 'see' it. Then send it to Mother Earth or something like that.

You can also check out the class in COTs teaching for 'Magical Self Defense'. Examples of grounding, centering and shielding are listed there. She puts in lots of different examples and links.

Blessings,
Briana

Pesha
December 28th, 2005, 01:24 AM
I second the Empathetic Bunker. You are not alone.

Come on in and see us hun. Lots of help for you.

BB
DS.

SilverMaiden
December 28th, 2005, 01:29 AM
Come on in and see us hun. Lots of help for you.

BB
DS.

As Dragonsinger said, there is a lot of help for you here. :D Welcome!

Earthy
December 28th, 2005, 05:14 AM
Here's a link to the Empathic Bunker.
It has helped me many times and there are many people here who you can talk to and get advice from.:)

EmpathicBunker (http://www.mysticwicks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=217)

Kaylara
December 28th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Moved this down to the empathic bunker!