PDA

View Full Version : Ovulation/Period Issues

Chesna
January 4th, 2006, 04:11 PM
Ok.. I seem to have fogot basic reproductive 101.. here's my question.. to figure out how long your cycle is you count from day one on period 1 to day one of period 2 right??

I am asking b-cuz I think I am late and want to know if I should buy a regular pregnany test or an early detection one. Yes... were are trying that is why I want to know.

Chesna

Ceres
January 4th, 2006, 04:56 PM
Yes, you count from the first day of the previous period, but not including the first day of the next one (which you obviously havent had or you wouldnt be thinking you might be pregnant). Good luck!

RainInanna
January 4th, 2006, 07:01 PM
I would think the early detection test would work regardless, given that they are likely more sensitive to the hormone and that's why they work earlier. But I could be wrong!

Kalika
January 4th, 2006, 07:09 PM
First Response are the ones I've always used. :) :lol:

Good luck!

Chesna
January 4th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Ohh I am eating everything insight!! My instincts say I may be pregnant.. but then I wonder if it is because I just want to be. I think I'll wait a few more days, then may be take a test....
Any one with some witchy insight

hehe

Chesna

Ceres
January 4th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Well I posted it on my first post here, then erased it, but I think you are :D

Chesna
January 4th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Well I posted it on my first post here, then erased it, but I think you are :D

I think if there is no ummm...action by this weekend, I'm gonna go and buy a test.. I'll keep everyone posted!!

FYI!! If I am preggers..the due date will be around my mom's birthday..which is cool as my other child was born on my mom in laws b-day.

Chesna

DreamSpell333
January 4th, 2006, 11:16 PM
I used first response when i found out i was pregnant. You can take it up to 5 days before your period is due. :) Good luck!

Chesna
January 5th, 2006, 10:59 PM
No period yet!! Keep positive thoughts....

Chesna

Chesna
January 7th, 2006, 06:05 PM
NO BABY!! Got my period this morning..darn it!!! Ohh well...I guess the fun is all in the trying..wish me luck!!

Chesna

Ceres
January 7th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Aw...will be soon though, I think.

KaidaMidnight
January 7th, 2006, 08:50 PM
It will happen soon. have you tried natural family planning? That's how I got pregnant the second time with our son IC. Good luck next month, and your right.. one of the fun parts is trying ;) LOL :)

Chesna
January 8th, 2006, 12:03 AM
It will happen soon. have you tried natural family planning? That's how I got pregnant the second time with our son IC. Good luck next month, and your right.. one of the fun parts is trying ;) LOL :)

I would try NFP.. but I know that I could not be as consistent as it asks...plus..I like the randomness of the fun part!! hehe

I know it will happen..I'm going to calculate my fertile days now...

Chesna

Ceres
January 8th, 2006, 01:01 AM
NFP can be as simple as checking for fertile mucus and marking the "slippery" days on the calendar. You dont have to bother with charting your temperature at all.