PDA

View Full Version : College Football

Tzhebee
January 27th, 2006, 01:47 PM
**Warning! I know nothing about stats or anything else, this thread is solely for the purpose of bragging! Please enjoy.**

My brother is a freshman at the University of Montana (Go Griz!!!). He is there on a football scholarship, so he was "red-shirted" this year and did not get to play. So next year, while technically he is a sophmore, the football team considers him a freshman (is that right?).

Anyway...he's been working really hard on his wieght (loosing fat, gaining muscle) and how much he can lift. He just got back to school earlier this week after having a month off. At the end of the season, he was considered 3rd string because 2 upper classmen where in his same possition.

Well, ends up the senior got hurt and needs surgery so he won't be playing. And my brother worked so hard over the break, increasing his lift and the other guy slacked off. So...guess what!?!?!

My brother is the STARTING CENTER as a freshman!!!! :woot: :hutone:

WokeUpDead
January 27th, 2006, 06:35 PM
I don't know much about how college systems work but that sounds impressive. Is Montana a major school for football or not? If it is then he might be in for a big payday eventually.

Tzhebee
January 27th, 2006, 06:41 PM
It's not a Division 1 school (so you won't see them playing on national TV). But college football is the biggest thing in the state (since they have no pro teams of any kind). And they've won their divisional title game something like the last 5 out of 6 years.

In other words, they are enourmously popular in their state, best in their division...but not a big enough school like Florida or Duke to make national TV coverage.