View Full Version : Drawings

Phoenix Element
January 28th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Hi! I'm a comic book artist hopeful, currently working on my first title and hoping that it'll be what I need to break into the business!

The attachments:
1. Nathaniel, Anita, and Micah from LKH's Anita Blake novels. A heartwarming scene of a necromancer sharing storytime with her were-leopard boyfriends. Aww

2. The '05 Christmas card I sent to the grandparents this year. More computer coloring than I've done in a while, but lacking the usual life I try to put into my artwork.

3. I'd always wanted to know what I looked like in the early stages of decomposition.

4. The best Star Wars couple. EVER! *le sigh*

5. Poison Ivy, a Batman villainess. Drawn last spring, the oldest in this picture group.

Hope you enjoy! Thank you for looking :)

January 28th, 2006, 11:13 AM
:ahhhh: :jawdrop: OMG..You draw sooo well! You are soo good..Wish I could draw lol. I love your art already! _inabox_

Phoenix Element
January 28th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Thank you, Fae! :)

Here's some more!

1. My original characters, Conan and Phoenix, who star in three comic books and a story. The title: "Conan...I love you" (col-erase and graphite)

2. Conan being a silly brooding vampire. Cemetery inspired by Savannah's Bonaventure (graphite)

3. Illlustration header for "Game of Rat and Dragon" by Corwainer Smith; drawn for class (brush and ink)

4. Kender of DragonLance fame, being cute and lost. Created for use by www.elfwood.com (microns, Photoshop 6.0)

5. Cap'n Jack! Drawn in bits and pieces between cashiering work (graphite)

Phoenix Element
January 28th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Last post until I actually scan new stuff, I swear! These are all fanarts of Terry Moore's Strangers in Paradise, a comic book series about life, relationships, and a mofia-like organization. The characters here are Katchoo (blond), Francine (dark-haired), and David (easy, the only guy).

The fanartses were drawn for fanart100, a LiveJournal project for fanartists and enthusiasts :D The themes here are: Club, Friends, Lovers, Middles, and Storm.

March 6th, 2006, 04:42 AM
You are a very good and refined pen and ink artist, as well as an accomplished charcoal artist! I use to want to be a comic book artist and actually had a job offer thru Marvel in NY, but they didnt want me to draw at first, had to intern doing clean up and stuff. The pay was great for Colorado but I wouldve had to live in Brooklyn or the Bronx on the salary the wanted to start me at! My vanity kept me from taking the job. I wanted to start on my own book! Silly me, though I was 19 at the time!

But you are very good. I like your boards on Deviant and think it may do pretty well, especially with the young crowd. I wish you great success!!

Phoenix Element
June 8th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Dawn - Death's Bride (characters copyright JM Linsner)

Just pencils, and a very small picture at that. The final pencils were put down while waiting in line for the midnight showing of X3!