View Full Version : candlemaking

January 29th, 2006, 12:20 AM
any body know any simple candlemaking recipes? what are some easy to make types of candles?

January 29th, 2006, 02:14 AM
Easiest tpye of candle to make in my opinion is a Beeswax one. Simply buy the sheets of beeswax and some candle wicks. Place the wick on one end of the beeswax and then roll the wax into a candle... done. If you want the topto taper just trim one side of the sheet on an angle. This type of candle also allows you to add herbs, oils or whatever you like to make the candle for a specific use. Just sprinkle the herb or oil on the sheet of wax before rolling. Dont go overboard when using herbs and oils.. a little is all it takes.

There are several other methods to make candles as well. Dipping and using molds are just two of them.

There are several good books out there on making candles and I would suggest you pick one of these up to ensure safety if you plan on using any other method besides the sheets of beeswax.

Lastly, if you go about making yourself candles using beeswax sheets and if you plan on adding any herbs or oils please ensure that these items are non toxic when burned.

February 13th, 2006, 09:24 PM
dont you need to melt the beeswax or anything. i saw some beeswax at Hobby Lobby. It was in thick slabs and i dont see how i can simply roll anything that thick to make into a candle.