PDA

View Full Version : Washable "stain glass" paint?

KaidaMidnight
February 6th, 2006, 11:35 AM
I had a question. We have a huge window in our living room that I would love to design a "stain glass" look for. Trouble is, we rent and it can't be permanent. (Also, because I love changing things around in my house.. I'd love to be able to paint different things on the window and change them from time to time.) I've looked in art stores, but I don't know exactly what to look for. IS there a washable paint that lets light through? Any advice or opinions would be great! Thanks! :hahugh:

-Ember
February 6th, 2006, 08:11 PM
If nothing else there are the crayola washable glass markers.

KaidaMidnight
February 6th, 2006, 10:13 PM
I hadn't even thought of that. Thanks! I'll have to go check the stores tomorrow. :)

Jenne
February 7th, 2006, 02:50 PM
Yes! Go to Michael's and they have stain-glass paint that is removable. It dries like a piece of removable clingy film plastic. You paint with it in tubes on a piece of clear plastic sheeting, then peel it off and stick it to the surface (glass, mirror, etc.) you want it on.

I've used it for windows AND a chandelier I wanted to make look like a Tiffany lampshade.

And you can wipe it off to clean it, and remove it altogether if you need to. It also has leading strips to make right angles with!

KaidaMidnight
February 7th, 2006, 02:54 PM
ooohh!! Thank you so much Jenne! I don't know why I didn't even think of going to Michael's (probably cause it's a 45 minute drive to the nearest one), but now that I know.. I'll be heading there as soon as hubby comes home from work. :D :boing: I'm excited now! lol... going to see if there are inspirations that come to me so I can get started. Thanks Again!!!!