PDA

View Full Version : HTML on/off switch

raevyncigany
January 6th, 2002, 10:29 PM
Hey Ppls!!

I have a question...how do I turn my HTML on in here? Right now is off and I just discovered the wonderul FrontPage so I can use that to put pictures in my posts....

Thanks in advance for your help!!

BB

Rae )0(

Lucidia
January 7th, 2002, 12:30 AM
you can put pictures in your post by using the IMG button above.. you just stick the URL of where you uploaded the image (ie. your webspace), and then it will show. No HTML needed.

HTML is turned of, from what i know, to prevent people from using Tables, and messing up the forum with broken tags or missing tags or tags they didn't close. It also keeps people from doing the many obnoxious things that are possible with HTML. It's unfortunate, but for the benefit of all, these things usually aren't allowed (HTML is turned of in almost every message board or guestbook i've ever seen)

Also, you might want to make sure that any images you put in your post are small, because large images are hard for some people to load, so attaching them is much better. you can type a full description and then they can simply check it out if their connection will allow it.

If i post an image, it's usually an avatar i designed or something.. nothing over 20k, or bigger than 300x300 pixels.