PDA

View Full Version : I have to find homes for my 6 cats

ravenmyst
February 17th, 2006, 11:05 AM
I have 4 black cats and two that are tigerstriped in patches on white. Due to my moving and having to compromise with husband I need to find homes for them. I am terrified that if they go to any shelter they will be put down, it is so hard to find homes for adult cats, I will spay and neuter them now that I can afford it, but I cant keep them. any one have ideas or know someone who will take them, please let me know, Thanks

ravenmyst
February 17th, 2006, 11:09 AM
here are some pictures, they were indoor, are now outdoor, can be both or either. 3 females all black, 2 males or the grey stiped mixture and one old black male....the first pic are the two brothers, both have white stomachs, the one has the stripes, he is Balen, the one with patches is named...patches, lol he is in second pic too, the old male is Salem. The girls are Gypsy, Ariadne, and Sidhe

illusi0ns4u2luv
February 17th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Box one up and ship it to Denver? lol, just kidding of course.

Only thing I can suggest is word of mouth, run an ad in the newspaper, or even call your local radio station and shout it out over the air.

Catiana
February 17th, 2006, 12:33 PM
I'm sorry you have to give up your kitties. You can try putting an ad in the paper, or asking around work. Are there any no-kill rescue shelters in your area. Hope everything works out :hugz:

ravenmyst
February 17th, 2006, 12:44 PM
there is one, but they have no room for cats, already tried work, am doing the other things too, but everyone wants a kitten

ravenmyst
February 17th, 2006, 02:18 PM
I can keep Salem, maybe Ariadne, but thats it, emailed the one shelter, hoping for a good response, I wish I didnt have to choose, but moving them 3000 miles wont be easy for them either, this blows, cant stop crying

Catiana
February 17th, 2006, 02:21 PM
:hugz: I'm so sorry you are having to go through this, is there anyway that your husband might change his mind so you can keep all of them.

Deranged Hermit
February 17th, 2006, 02:23 PM
I'm going to be blunt and harsh for a moment. If it's your husband that's making you give them up, is he really worth it? If he loves you, he should realize how much they mean to you. You might end up resenting him for the rest of your life. I'm sorry, really none of my business, but I had to say it.

Sennefer
February 17th, 2006, 02:25 PM
:hugz: I can imagine how difficult this is for you. :hugz:

Moonlite Faery
February 17th, 2006, 03:26 PM
have you tried posting on petfinder.org? you can post free in the classifieds section

ravenmyst
February 17th, 2006, 03:43 PM
I'm going to be blunt and harsh for a moment. If it's your husband that's making you give them up, is he really worth it? If he loves you, he should realize how much they mean to you. You might end up resenting him for the rest of your life. I'm sorry, really none of my business, but I had to say it.
He isnt making me give them up by saying I CANT have them, however if I hope to have sanity I cant listen to him complain how they are ruining his jeep, pooing everywhere etc... I have tried different measures to get them to leave the jeep alone, but the more I try the worse they get, like they know, either way I have resentment issues, but as long as they stay he too has resentment, so I dont know what else to do but find a compromise, if i find homes for the majority, keep the eldest and one other, it should minimize the strife and tension in the house, plus make moving less stressful for all, including the remaining animals. I have empath issues, even if he isnt saying anything, the stress pours out of him, and I cant help but react. he has yielded to date, yet the problems continue. no solution will spare either of us, really. i dont know the answer

ravenmyst
February 17th, 2006, 03:45 PM
but yes those thoughts have gone through my head too, but if he is %95 right for me do you give up over the %5?

Deranged Hermit
February 17th, 2006, 03:52 PM
but yes those thoughts have gone through my head too, but if he is %95 right for me do you give up over the %5?

Well I guess it depends on how much pain it will cause you in the long run to make one choice or the other. I'll send you a pm about what made me draw the line in my situation. Meanwhile, many :hugz:. I'm not trying to make this any harder on you than it already is.

ravenmyst
February 17th, 2006, 04:11 PM
i will look forward to that, :) I went through a slightly different situation with my ex so do have an idea on how much I can take, with the ex and the way the choice was forced on me, the resentment had a factor in him being an ex. this choice is slightly easier, because the travel and juggling till we find a home would be difficult for them too, so many factors, enough to make a libran meltdown. but even though there are good reasons, doesnt make it all that easy, more than anything I was hoping someone had ideas I hadnt thought of, as I want this to be as easy as possible for them, they are my responsibility, and I dont want to fail at doing the best possible for them, does that make sense??

Deranged Hermit
February 17th, 2006, 04:18 PM
Yes, it makes all kinds of sense. I think a lot of people know exactly what you mean. :)
And I'm sorry I didn't have any helpful advice for helping you find new homes for them.

Catiana
February 17th, 2006, 04:23 PM
Do you have any family that would take them. Back in the olden days when I was a youngun, I had to give up my childhood cat for my ex-husband, I gave the cat to my dad. Funny part is when I got divorced a few years later and wanted the cat back, my dad was so attached to him, he wouldn't give him back. :)

ravenmyst
February 17th, 2006, 04:25 PM
thats ok, thanks for sharing your story, :) I am hoping this animal shelter/hospital can help, I have of course offered the money to pay for their spay/neuter, plus as much a donation as I can, hopefully they will accept them, even if its just a few of them. and he says he will help find as safe of homes as possible if that doesnt work. If i know they are safe and loved I wont be as upset.

ravenmyst
February 17th, 2006, 04:27 PM
Do you have any family that would take them. Back in the olden days when I was a youngun, I had to give up my childhood cat for my ex-husband, I gave the cat to my dad. Funny part is when I got divorced a few years later and wanted the cat back, my dad was so attached to him, he wouldn't give him back. :)
unfortunately, my family is all on the west coast, I am on east. only have ex in laws here, they arent animal people, nor would I trust them.

Contra Mundum
February 19th, 2006, 01:40 PM
keep them