PDA

View Full Version : Sources of Anger

wilder_witch
February 23rd, 2006, 05:00 PM
I am having just a touch of trouble finding the source of my anger... I seem to be angry all the time and most of it stems from something I feel is justified. I would catagorize it all under "petty" though.

Being a martial artist I am having trouble with the fact that I have so much anger- constantly suspiscious of everything and everyone-

My question I spose is this- is there just an "angry personality"? Or does that "type" of personality have more issues to work through basicaly :)

I found your book to be an amazing help within my practice as well and it sparked a book idea.

Are we allowd to ask those types of questions too?

Blessings to you and yours
wilder

Tammy Sullivan
February 28th, 2006, 10:48 AM
How did I miss this post?

Forgive my delay, things have been in an uproar around my house for too long now. It all culminated in sad news and I'm afraid I have been wrapping my head around it and ignoring everything else.

Ok, you can't find your "source" but tell me, what DID you find? If you were to see your rage as an animal, which would it be and why?

As far can you be born angry, nah. Passionate natured - yes. But, you can be born with a certain disposition to how you handle anger and of course environment is a big influence.

wilder_witch
March 3rd, 2006, 03:41 PM
I am so thankful to see you here again! YAY!

What did I see- hmm- So far I have seen a Red Griffian actualy-

I have found several sources of anger that I "thought" I had delt with but they come up again and again-

one of which is a past relgious influence that I felt wounded me extremely deeply and thus- I have to "work at" NOT raging against people of that faith-

I did however just last night learn two things-

one - I was desperately trying to figure out how to get those "petty" angers "out- or even better- "from" happening so much- and what happened was- a flow- almost like a "raging" river- strong and deep and VERY blue- as opposed to green- but no white rapids type-

That energy flow went from myself- to a "form" created anger on the astral- which I'd been working on- (which I desperately need to discuss because I think I did something wrong and everyone now thinks I'm possessed lol) that'll be new topic- lol-

So the flow guided the feelings of petty anger- to a justified anger which had a DIFFERENT kind of form on the astral- it was more solid than the petty anger form-

that make sense?

I immediately felt the difference between the petty anger and the justified anger because the justified anger was about some racial slurs that were said to us at work- absolutely hienous things that deserved anger-

But I still felt the petty anger type emotion kind of the non justified angers that it was almost like I didn't want to let go of... does that make sense- even though they were petty I couldn't "JUST" let go I should say-

so that same flow- began again- and took me to my eagle totem- and I shifted into Eagle and screamed as Eagle screamed- and when I was finished I "came back" if you know what I mean- and I felt better-

That was absolutely amazing-

So now I have a kind of avenue- to get rid of those energies with-

but the storage facility thing I don't think I was doing right-

So to answer your questions- and I so completely understand about life ahppening and hope that the sad things will get better for you soon-(((hugs))) from a sister-

my animal would be a red griffian- and they have taken me down back to things that happened to me as a child- places where I felt I had all my choices and options made for me-

Is that a petty anger? having choices taken? Doesn't seem like it should be but when it comes back through all this "woman-body's filters" it feels petty when it comes up and out- :)

So many blessings to you and thank you for the read-

wilder

Tammy Sullivan
March 3rd, 2006, 04:04 PM
Depends on the thing. If you were abused, be it emotionally, mentally or physically it is righteous anger -- no matter what age you become aware of it.

Sometimes we have to reach a point in our lives where we KNOW it can't happen again and we are safe, before allowing ourselves to fully remember things.

As far as the "little" things that you aren't ready to let go of, I can understand that. Anger can certainly make you feel alive. I always get alot of cleaning done when I'm angry LOL!

wilder_witch
March 4th, 2006, 12:20 PM
AHHH Me too! LOL

wilder

wilder_witch
March 4th, 2006, 12:33 PM
I was abused- and what you said makes a great deal of sense-

in fact that is what has led me in the direction I have taken-

I grew up in the classic catholic household where my "pagan" gifts were considered of satan- so I had complexes because of that- but then I had to go and marry to an abusive person-

when I had a child and managed to get out of the hostile environment- including the extended family who wouldn't help me- I left the entire west coast for the east coast and a dear friend-

who became my Sensei (karate teacher) as well as husband-

now I teach karate too- plus have my spirituality coming through in a healthy expression-

so when I found your book- it flowed with what I was already doing so well that it inspired me further to get to work on my thing- karate and ritual / magical work and the help your book gave me-

well- don't be surprised if when I am ready I come begging for an introduction page from you LOL-

anyway- as long as you are getting a deep healthy dose of peoples saying thank you-

That was the best thing about finding you here- :)

wilder