View Full Version : Going to Orisha service...

February 25th, 2006, 03:07 AM
I cant wait! The local Ifa house (Ile Orunmila Oshun, run by Luisah Tiesh, author of Jambalaya) is having a public service this sunday for Esu. Im really excited. I'll post the details that got emailed to me, in case anyone in the San Francisco Bay Area wants to attend. I'll also post my thoughts and feelings afterwards.

Ile Orunmila Oshun invites you to our Temple Service!

Alafia and greetings to all!

Ile Orunmila Oshun is hosting its monthly Temple Service and this month we will honor the Orisha Esu. Esu is the Divine Power of Communication, the Owner of Ase, and a fierce warrior. Esu translates the prayers of humans into the language of heaven so that our prayers may be answered.

Please be 5 minutes early as we start the Temple Service promptly at 1:30 p.m. The ache di (donation) for this service is $9.00. Our Temple Service will be held at 1137 34th St. at the corner of Adeline in Oakland, Ca 94608 on Sunday February 26th.

If you live out-of-town, but would like to support the work that Ile Orunmila Oshun is doing please see our web site at www.ileorunmilaoshun.org for donation information. Donations of any size are gladly accepted. Donations are marked to assist Ile Orunmila Oshun to build, purchase, or lease our own Temple building. Our web site is regularly updated with new public events and related materials.

This e-mail invitation closes hoping that you and your family are happy and healthy. May Orisha light the path to your highest spiritual destiny! Hope to see you there!

Baba Esu Wemimo

February 25th, 2006, 03:11 AM
Oooooo! Enjoy, and remember: spirits LOVE spirits (although Oshun prefers honey.....)

February 27th, 2006, 02:10 AM
Well, I didnt get to go today, because I couldnt get good directions and ended up getting lost in Oakland.

Oh well, maybe next month.