PDA

View Full Version : Opened mind, ughh!

JunkYard
March 2nd, 2006, 02:12 AM
Does anyone experience telepathy here? I'm talking about the kind where you project your thoughts (Images, too) outward into the minds of others. It's getting on my nerves, man; I can't seem to control it anymore.

Can you close the door once it's opened, or am I stuck with it? It doesn't much feel like a gift anymore, and it's driving me absolutely nuts. If I can't get a handle on it, or close the door somehow, I'm afraid I'll be keeping myself in solitary confinement./sigh (Something I don't look forward to)

In other words . . . Nothings private anymore! The door to my mind is wide open, and I can't keep my thoughts to myself for some reason.

Any suggestions? I know some of you experience similar things. Any ideas on what I can do about it? Maybe a spell, or exercise, or some kind of meditation (Although meditation is what opened it, I think? (Not completely sure)

Anyway, I just called myself out, and I sincerely hope youy all will be able to help (Even if but little)

Seriously, If you have any suggestions whatsoever . . . Please, please share! PM me if you feel the need. I'm literally losing my mind here.

Btw, my mind opened about ten years ago, (That's when I noticed it, anyway) and I loved it back then, but it has become a major problem for me in recent times. It has gotten completely out of control!

Any, and all help is greatly appreciated, MW . . .

Thanks in advance,

Derestanne
March 2nd, 2006, 07:30 PM
When you say, "nothings private anymore" do you mean that the problem you are having is that you are constantly picking up the thoughts and feelings of others?

Are you saying you become aware of what others are thinking and feeling? Or is it some other kind of "telepathic" experience?

Just to clarify what you're going through.

Lunacie
March 2nd, 2006, 07:53 PM
This is a new one for me, but I think JunkYard is saying that he doesn't feel like he can control his telepathy and he's broadcasting or projecting his thoughts into the minds of people around him. That they can tell what he's thinking and he feels like he has no privacy because of it.

JY, the only thing I can suggest at the moment is to create a mirror shield that refects all thought back inwards. I'll ponder this a bit more and maybe ask a guy I know who is a telepath like you. I'm an Empath. I think there have been times when I've broadcast or projected my emotions without the intent of doing that, but usually it's been easier for me to control what goes out than what comes in.

Little Billy
March 2nd, 2006, 11:44 PM
Does anyone experience telepathy here? I'm talking about the kind where you project your thoughts (Images, too) outward into the minds of others. It's getting on my nerves, man; I can't seem to control it anymore.

Can you close the door once it's opened, or am I stuck with it?

Question: If you are really telepathic, why aren't you getting rich playing poker, instead of complaining about it?

Little Billy
March 2nd, 2006, 11:45 PM
This is a new one for me, but I think JunkYard is saying that he doesn't feel like he can control his telepathy and he's broadcasting or projecting his thoughts into the minds of people around him. That they can tell what he's thinking and he feels like he has no privacy because of it.

That would rock. I'd think about nothing but CHiPs all day long, until everyone around me went crazy from seeing Eric Estrada in their heads.

Mouse
March 3rd, 2006, 12:23 AM
Question: If you are really telepathic, why aren't you getting rich playing poker, instead of complaining about it?

Are you trying to be funny? Because it's not working for you. JY has come asking a serious question, and yes, broadcasting can be a serious problem. I've been there, and it drives you insane.

Yes you can shut it down, but different things work for different people. What Lunacie said about a mirror sheild should work. Another important thing is to keep your cool, strong emotion will make your projections louder.
We have two kinds of sheilds, inner sheilds and outer sheilds. The "door to your mind" is part of that inner sheild, which you can conciously strenghten using meditation, once strengthened you will no longer have to hold a mirror sheild, your mind will protect itself.

Visualisation will help you work on your inner sheild. See your mind as being a castle. you need to make a big wall around that castle, to keep your "servants" in and "enemies" out (this is the best anology I have at the moment, coz these things are not really easy to explain). It can be as simple or complex as you like, depending on your skill with visualisation. Use your will to strengthen this wall. behind the wall, (in your mind where you will be,) you should be able to sence the noise from others thoughts becoming less.

I hope this makes a bit of sence, but if not let me know and I'll help you through it step by step.

one last thing, a lot of the time we assume people can hear our thoughts because we can hear theirs. It doesn't always happen like this. Sometimes they will say something that we were thinking, but the thought was oringinally theirs. Many people have trouble telling the difference. Have people aproched you about this problem... or?

Take cares, and best wishes.
~mouse

JunkYard
March 3rd, 2006, 12:32 AM
Lunacie hit the nail on the head. The mirror thing sounds good, but I haven't a clue how to go about creating such a shield, ya know? I'm not a practicing pagan, I only hold similar beliefs and have great interest in paganism. I've read books, and I talk a bit on-line, but I have no real time experience . . .only curiosity, and respect for those on the path.

I wish my telepathy worked the other way, (Poker time, haha!) but it doesn't. I can only pick up on others in rare situations.

And yes! Please talk to your telepathic friend, it might be helpful to to gain some insight from someone who's experienced in telepathy.

It's funny, I've looked for books on telepathy, but most of them only deal with picking up on other peoples thoughts/emotions, and that won't help in my case. I broadcast, and project, but I know there must be a way to get it under control, right? Surely there is . . .

Hey, how would I go about creating a mirror shield, and could someone else possibly do it for me? I'm not sure if I'd be able to myself; I'm totaly green when it comes to magic/k.

Thanks for not thinking I'm crazy, folks. ;) At least, I'm not yet, haha! Who knows what will happen if I can't get it under control, though./shrug

I swear, it's maddening!

JunkYard
March 3rd, 2006, 12:39 AM
Are you trying to be funny? Because it's not working for you. JY has come asking a serious question, and yes, broadcasting can be a serious problem. I've been there, and it drives you insane.

Yes you can shut it down, but different things work for different people. What Lunacie said about a mirror sheild should work. Another important thing is to keep your cool, strong emotion will make your projections louder.
We have two kinds of sheilds, inner sheilds and outer sheilds. The "door to your mind" is part of that inner sheild, which you can conciously strenghten using meditation, once strengthened you will no longer have to hold a mirror sheild, your mind will protect itself.

Visualisation will help you work on your inner sheild. See your mind as being a castle. you need to make a big wall around that castle, to keep your "servants" in and "enemies" out (this is the best anology I have at the moment, coz these things are not really easy to explain). It can be as simple or complex as you like, depending on your skill with visualisation. Use your will to strengthen this wall. behind the wall, (in your mind where you will be,) you should be able to sence the noise from others thoughts becoming less.

I hope this makes a bit of sence, but if not let me know and I'll help you through it step by step.

one last thing, a lot of the time we assume people can hear our thoughts because we can hear theirs. It doesn't always happen like this. Sometimes they will say something that we were thinking, but the thought was oringinally theirs. Many people have trouble telling the difference. Have people aproched you about this problem... or?

Take cares, and best wishes.
~mouse

Mouse, you are a saint! You understand my problem completey. . .Thank you!

I've approached others aboutit subtly. There is absolutely no doubt, so don't think I'm imagining all this.

Maybe if you're up to it, you can take me step by step? I have to get it under control!

Thank you, mouse!

Little Billy
March 3rd, 2006, 12:55 AM
Are you trying to be funny?

What made you say THAT?

Lunacie
March 3rd, 2006, 10:32 AM
JunkYard, there are quite a few threads here on MW discussing shields, how you create one, the many different kinds, how they are powered. Click on the "search" button at the top of the screen and type in "mirror shield" or just "shield" and you'll find plenty of advice.

I'll tell you what worked for me as an Empath, I don't know if it would work for you as a Telepath, but heck, it wouldn't hurt to try. This helps no matter whether you're projecting or picking up.

I would make a really small gesture with my hand, something that other people wouldn't even notice really... palm outwards at my solar plexus (waist level), pushing the other person's energy back towards them - while mentally saying to myself "These are not MY emotions."

Then I would turn my hand over so my palm was towards my solar plexus, shielding my own energies - while mentally saying to myself, "These ARE my emotions."

For you to use this it would simply look like you were wiping your forehead, first with the front of your hand and then with your palm, nothing people around you would pay much attention to, eh? Give that a try and see if it helps, and also check out some of the other threads on shielding. If none of it helps you feel more private, then send me a PM and I'll check with my Telepath friend. :)

JunkYard
March 5th, 2006, 05:15 PM
Thank you, Lunacie . I'll give it a try, and see how it works. I'll also look up 'shields' with the search option.

Thanks for helping, you all are great. . .