PDA

View Full Version : ...Worth a Thousand Words!

dragoncrone
March 4th, 2006, 06:36 PM
This was one of those '15 minutes of fame' Andy Warhol promised.
The coordinator of the employee newsletter where I work asked if she could take a picture of my hippie bus, 'Gertrude,' for the next issue. Gertrude LOVES having her picture taken - so I said, 'Sure.'
Well, lo and behold the picture that will be in the next company paper - complete with pentagram...61427

Lunacie
March 4th, 2006, 07:02 PM
Love the bus, love the photo, love the thought of it being published. ;)

NiftyWings
March 5th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Chick, this is a PERFECT shot for your MySpace profile!! Which seriously needs to be played with and made good use of, BTW.

dragoncrone
March 10th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Love the bus, love the photo, love the thought of it being published. ;)
It will be a hoot when the image gets out there, just to see if there will be any reaction - and if so, what kind...the area I live in is a bit theo-philosophically deprived, one might say...the land of the terminally unenlightened...

2steps
March 10th, 2006, 04:35 PM
great bus!

Lisa Di Dio
March 10th, 2006, 05:13 PM
It will be a hoot when the image gets out there, just to see if there will be any reaction - and if so, what kind...the area I live in is a bit theo-philosophically deprived, one might say...the land of the terminally unenlightened...

Hey, watch it! There are a few of us here who are on the cutting edge of enlightenment, you know! :lol:

Great picture, btw, I love it!

Your friendly neighbor (who really does want to have tea but can't until the screenplay is DONE !)

dragoncrone
March 14th, 2006, 05:05 PM
great bus!
Other than a big pink and orange flower and painting the sliding door to say "1 Mom 4 (peace sign)" and 'Support the Troops - Bring Them Home,' I can't take credit -- Gertrude was like that when I bought her. But when the weather gets warm and dry, I'm going to revamp some of her embellishments...:fpeace:

Nighthawk
March 14th, 2006, 05:09 PM
You and Gertrude rock for sure!!!!!!!!

dragoncrone
March 14th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Hey, watch it! There are a few of us here who are on the cutting edge of enlightenment, you know! :lol:
Great picture, btw, I love it!
Your friendly neighbor (who really does want to have tea but can't until the screenplay is DONE !)

Well, I didn't say EVERYONE was unenlightened...:yayah:

I holed up in my den this weekend and hammered on stories for the second book -- every time I got impatient or hit a blank, I thought about you and told myself to shut the **** up and get back to work...

The teapot will be within easy reach...

Lisa Di Dio
March 15th, 2006, 02:09 PM
Well, I didn't say EVERYONE was unenlightened...:yayah:

I holed up in my den this weekend and hammered on stories for the second book -- every time I got impatient or hit a blank, I thought about you and told myself to shut the **** up and get back to work...

The teapot will be within easy reach...

:lol: So glad to be of inspiration!!!! My deadline is April Fool's day - seems appropriate! - and by then, maybe this dismal weather will have moved on. Things are already blooming in my garden, all we need is some sunshine and we'll be set.

75 pages down, 50 to go...:awilly:

dragoncrone
March 16th, 2006, 10:37 AM
To be honest, I LOVE cold rainy weather - I lived in Seattle when I was a little kid. For me it's the best time to write; I'm not being recruited to help with any outdoor projects and there are no little kids indoors... so I can just camp in front of the computer.

dragoncrone
March 20th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Well, last week the newsletter was distributed - some hard copies but most in cyber-space. No adverse reactions so far...:T

Lunacie
March 20th, 2006, 05:13 PM
That great. :)

NiftyWings
March 26th, 2006, 06:13 PM
Hey, can you copy/paste the article here?

dragoncrone
March 28th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Nah, I tried right away - doesn't work. Probably copyright issues & all.
:whatmewor Oh well. I have more pictures, though :hahugh:

NiftyWings
March 31st, 2006, 02:25 PM
And because it's on the county intranet, it probably won't work to post the link, dang it. Hmmm....I'll have to mull this one over.