PDA

View Full Version : A Penciling I did...Dragon! What do ya think?

Rhisiart
March 6th, 2006, 04:02 AM
Ok here is one of my pencil drawings. I dont draw anymore and did this almost 2 yrs ago. I use to draw professionally but lost my creativity streak. I got into Commercial Art and now its like I have to have someone TELL me what to draw! Really sucks too. Oh well here it is. Sorry its so big!

Temptation
March 6th, 2006, 04:12 AM
Wow. That's really good. :)

Shame you don't draw anymore. You've got talent.

2steps
March 6th, 2006, 04:22 AM
wow, that's brilliant

Rhisiart
March 6th, 2006, 04:24 AM
Thanks Temptation. I have been contemplating starting again. It just seems when it comes to ideas its all been done before! hmmm maybe someone will have some ideas for me!

* Thank you 2 Steps. I dont know about the brilliant part though. All I see is the bad penciling and and lack of depth. It was a quick sketch that I did for one of my stepsons.

Ravenwillow
March 6th, 2006, 04:38 AM
It is truly an incredible piece of work mate.. I love the dragons facial expression, truly classic!

sylvrena
March 6th, 2006, 06:25 AM
I love it.. the dragon looks really cool..reminds me that i need to start reading the Pern series again..

i understand you about the art thing..i stopped painting a few years back and i think its time to take it up again... it used to be my life, my biggest form of expression and happiness. even though it was often dark and abstract... but i hope to start up again in the spring.. good to keep your talents alive..

just play some music and draw from your feelings, from the rythms.. im sure you will be inspired to do something new again! good luck!

sari0009
March 6th, 2006, 09:48 AM
:) Dragon! :) Imaginative. Sense of movement, flow, dimensions, little extras (skull) and weight of line/creature are oh so nice.

Rhisiart
March 7th, 2006, 02:11 AM
I love it.. the dragon looks really cool..reminds me that i need to start reading the Pern series again..

i understand you about the art thing..i stopped painting a few years back and i think its time to take it up again... it used to be my life, my biggest form of expression and happiness. even though it was often dark and abstract... but i hope to start up again in the spring.. good to keep your talents alive..

just play some music and draw from your feelings, from the rythms.. im sure you will be inspired to do something new again! good luck!

Lol, Dragon Riders of Pern was like one of my first Fantasy books I read back in 7th grade...um like a few years ago! yea!! lol Though I never got past Dragon Drums...

Thnaks everyone so far for the uplift about it. I was always an artist/musician, but I let my music take hold instead of the art and 15 years later...well Im no longer a musician, but I still have some of my art ability, although its a bit rusty!

I use to have an Uncle who was an artist in Manitou Springs, Colorado, lived in a little cabin, wrote fantasy and did the art, and he was a bit of a shaman. He use to give me exercises when I was like 10/11 to draw my concepts of Indian lore...the Manitou spirit, thunderbird, etc. but I was really into comic art at the time so my stuff looked like Marvel/DC superheroes most of the time. Ive always wanted to be an artist for TSR and have my stuff in a RPG manual or module. That would be the coolest! Anyway, Im babbling so thanks to all that have commented and should I do more I'll be sure to post it here first!

Faeawyn
March 7th, 2006, 11:21 AM
Very nice!! I look forward to seeing more :)

djmixon
March 8th, 2006, 10:07 PM
I love the ghosting that you put in, too. The image behind the image.

Very talented, indeed... and if Faeawyn says it is good, then you should take it to heart. She knows the good stuff!

SilverClaw
March 9th, 2006, 02:32 AM
Ive always wanted to be an artist for TSR and have my stuff in a RPG manual or module. That would be the coolest! Anyway, Im babbling so thanks to all that have commented and should I do more I'll be sure to post it here first! I know what that is like and hey ramble on it may inspire you to get your butt back into gear :D _wedgie_

Tesra
March 18th, 2006, 04:22 AM
Honey you know I think you are talented!! I wish as well that you would use your art for expression, even thou you can't playing drums now, I think you would enjoy doing art/drawings more than you know. Everyone here likes it, and you know, I wish I could see more of your artistic work!! Maybe if I got naked, that would inspire you!!??!! :) haha. Your drawings/sketches are great for tatoos too!! I'm trying to change the subject here, but I know you are stuck on the previous sentence, so I'll just stop now while I'm ahead lol.
_pounce_

Unlogic
June 20th, 2006, 09:03 PM
:hailmol:

However poor you think it is, I wish I could draw half as well as that...

Yay dragons!