PDA

View Full Version : Fung Shui

Darkwater Stone
March 6th, 2006, 08:38 PM
(Don't know if i spelt it right)
Which eastern philosophies/religions incorporate fung shui?

Darkwater Stone
March 9th, 2006, 05:04 PM
Any takers? All replys appreciated.

David19
March 9th, 2006, 08:08 PM
I'm not sure what Fung Shui is, do you mean Feng Shui?, if you do, i think it's used by a lot of Chinese religions like Taoism and Buddhism (or at least Chinese Buddhism).

Anyway, hope i've helped.

Darkwater Stone
March 9th, 2006, 08:56 PM
I'm not sure what Fung Shui is, do you mean Feng Shui?, if you do, i think it's used by a lot of Chinese religions like Taoism and Buddhism (or at least Chinese Buddhism).

Anyway, hope i've helped.

Yes you have. I knew i didn't spell it right. Feng shui. That's it.

Cerulean_damselfly
March 18th, 2006, 08:10 PM
I've only taken a few classes from a teacher who felt called to train with a master teacher from Chinese Black Hat practises. I believe she treats it as an art form. Her master teacher is a Chinese Buddhist. I believe in the modern world, her master teacher associates Feng Shui as an art that is an extension of their cultural background.

I do not know the traditional associations of Feng Shui with Buddhist temples--my sister-in-law whose Chinese parents and grandparents came to the U.S. in the 20th century had not
heard of it growing up. But they were from different regions and many folkloric and regional belief systems may have just not transferred over...the idea of selecting sites with harmony and balance and traditional Chinese landscape preferences may not have been 'written down' as it is now.

Lovely cultural myths and emphasis on balance of five elements, identification of how to blend and create toward harmony that works within one's lifestyle...yes, it does definitely have an East Asian flavor. If you are attracted to Buddhist practises or East Asian blends, I would say there is a fitting hand-in-hand association.

Here's a start - they might have discussion groups or topics that you are interested in, if you are looking at modern practioners:

http://fengshuinews.com/articles/kartar-0202.htm

Best regards,

Cerulean_damselfly

http://qi-whiz.com/chinese_science/foundation_theory

Autumn Clair
March 23rd, 2006, 02:50 PM
I enjoy feng shui but I have learned to break it down very simple or it can be overwhelming. I start out in one room of my home finding the directions, the elements and sitting for the family. Once I have that in place I start putting materials dealing with the elements out like plants fish mirrors ans so on then I work on a color scheme for that room one let helps the whole family.

Taking it in steps and one room at a time really help you feel how the energy flow changes in the house. There are many fine books on it and you'd be able to take as much time as you like exploring it.