PDA

View Full Version : TopRamen/Ramen Noodles Recipes

Sowelu
March 9th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Many of us buy Ramen Noodles not only because they're good but because they're affordable and come in handy at the end of the month when our cupboards become bare.
So does anyone here have any creative unique recipes using Ramen Noodles?
Any different ways you enjoy cooking/eating them?

http://www.mysticwicks.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

SilverClaw
March 9th, 2006, 04:03 PM
Ooooh right when I am hungry to and the last of our ramen noodles were eating by someone else ! Well it is not neccessarily a recipe but I have it with mixed vegetables, corn or mushrooms and or mushroom soup mixed in.

Sowelu
March 9th, 2006, 04:21 PM
Ooooh right when I am hungry to and the last of our ramen noodles were eating by someone else ! Well it is not neccessarily a recipe but I have it with mixed vegetables, corn or mushrooms and or mushroom soup mixed in.

I like the vegetables idea!...and the mushrooms.:hehehehe:

aislin_ryann
March 9th, 2006, 04:23 PM
My favorite is you cook the 2 packs of noodles but don't add the seasoning, then mix in a can of cream of mushroom soup, a can of tuna, and a hand full of chips or crackers all crumbled up. Voila! You have "White trash tuna noodle casserol". It is so fricking good!

Sowelu
March 9th, 2006, 04:24 PM
My favorite is you cook the 2 packs of noodles but don't add the seasoning, then mix in a can of cream of mushroom soup, a can of tuna, and a hand full of chips or crackers all crumbled up. Voila! You have "White trash tuna noodle casserol". It is so fricking good!

LOL...Love the name!!!:hehehehe:

I am definately going to try it!!!
Thanks!!!!!

SilverClaw
March 9th, 2006, 04:24 PM
AHHHHH tuna I got lots of that and my kids would love that to :D

I like the vegetables idea!...and the mushrooms.:hehehehe:
:lol: we are not referring to the magic variety here dear, nope :hehehehe:

Sowelu
March 9th, 2006, 04:25 PM
wait...
what do ya do with the left-over seasoning mix?:hehehehe:

Sowelu
March 9th, 2006, 04:26 PM
AHHHHH tuna I got lots of that and my kids would love that to :D

:lol: we are not referring to the magic variety here dear, nope :hehehehe:

No fun:veryweird

SilverClaw
March 9th, 2006, 04:26 PM
I use it other soups or if I want the added salt in take I added to the noodles.

SilverClaw
March 9th, 2006, 04:27 PM
No fun:veryweird :lol: I know but it is better then geting into trouble... gee that reminds me ..

aislin_ryann
March 9th, 2006, 04:28 PM
You can add it to the noodles if you want, it is good that way. If not, I save it and sometimes use it in place of a boullion cube in my noodle soups.

SilverClaw
March 9th, 2006, 04:31 PM
You can add it to the noodles if you want, it is good that way. If not, I save it and sometimes use it in place of a boullion cube in my noodle soups. Ya I think that is awesome and at leat it saves you when you do not have boullion cubes.

oh another thing I have had it on is my macaroni to.

aislin_ryann
March 9th, 2006, 04:35 PM
mmm, sounds good. I want to go home and eat some after work!

SilverClaw
March 9th, 2006, 04:36 PM
:lol: my husband just ate the last of the stuff we had for lunch and I think I going to tell him to get some more :D

forestrangergrrl
March 9th, 2006, 04:42 PM
i make mine w/ mild salsa (preferably chi chi's brand), pepperoni or salami or ham, dill pickle relish and a little bit of mustard. mmmmmmm, yummy! believe it or not, i learned how to make that when i was a corrections officer. the inmates would make something similar w/ what they bought off of commisary. they called it 'break', i guess 'cause it gave them a break from jail food.... lol! now i make it all the time! speaking of which.......

SilverClaw
March 9th, 2006, 04:44 PM
i make it all the time! speaking of which....... It is time to go make some?
:D

KaidaMidnight
March 9th, 2006, 04:45 PM
I like to take the mushroom or oriental flavored ones, cook them up, then put them in the bottom of a cassarole dish. Add some chicken and some alfrado sauce. bake in the oven.. yummy!!!

Another thing is making a pasta salad with them. Before cooking, "crack" them so that they are not all one long piece.. I usually crack into at least 4 pieces. Cook them (the flavors depend on what you want in your salad). Make a vinaigrette while they are cooking (3 tbs olive oil, 1 tbs white vinegar, 1/2 tsp dijon mustard, the season pack from the noodles and some peper in a jar.. shake shake shake.. :D ) Drain the noddles when done boiling. add to the noodles some chopped scallions, cherry tomatoes (cut in half), and some grated cheese of your choice. drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and mix. Enjoy! :D (this is a family favorite!)

aislin_ryann
March 9th, 2006, 04:45 PM
i make mine w/ mild salsa (preferably chi chi's brand), pepperoni or salami or ham, dill pickle relish and a little bit of mustard. mmmmmmm, yummy! believe it or not, i learned how to make that when i was a corrections officer. the inmates would make something similar w/ what they bought off of commisary. they called it 'break', i guess 'cause it gave them a break from jail food.... lol! now i make it all the time! speaking of which.......

You mix all of that together? Interesting.

forestrangergrrl
March 9th, 2006, 04:48 PM
yeah, it sounds weird but it's really good! the fun thing is to try different things and find out what works for you.
yup, definately time to go make me some... lol! i'm getting hungry!

SilverClaw
March 9th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Gosh I just had a sandwich for lunch and after reading all this I am hungry again :lol:

ETA I posted this before I saw

lol! i'm getting hungry! If I saw that I would have put AGREED :D

forestrangergrrl
March 9th, 2006, 04:52 PM
great minds, or in this case, stomachs, think alike! mmmmm, food.....

SilverClaw
March 9th, 2006, 04:56 PM
hehehe ya food hahah going away from this thread now before I get more hungry :D

forestrangergrrl
March 9th, 2006, 04:59 PM
ditto! *wanders off*

Tzhebee
March 9th, 2006, 04:59 PM
My youngest likes to eat the noodles before you cook them. Little bugger will dig a bag out of the pantry, open it, eat half the noodles and then put the bag back! I had about 5 open half-eaten bags in there last night! _tsk_

I just eat the regular noodles out of the styrofoam cups...but I dump out all the nasty dehydrated veggies first. :sick:

SilverClaw
March 9th, 2006, 05:20 PM
Ok hadf t o come back and say yes kids are bad for that aren't they ? :D

Ceres
March 9th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Make a sauce out of soya sauce, peanutbutter melted in the mircowave, garlic powder and chilli powder for thai flavoured noodles and toss with cooked noodles to coat.

Lunacie
March 9th, 2006, 05:28 PM
Make a sauce out of soya sauce, peanutbutter melted in the mircowave, garlic powder and chilli powder for thai flavoured noodles and toss with cooked noodles to coat.

This one sounds really good, wish I had some ramen noodles in the cupboard.

Ceres
March 9th, 2006, 05:35 PM
I do it with ordinary noddles too - spaghetti, fusilli, penne or egg noodles.

KaidaMidnight
March 9th, 2006, 07:22 PM
o0o0o0 that one does sound good.. And I've got those ingredients... hrmmm... LOL was going to make nacho noddles for dinner with chicken, but now I'm rethinking :lol:

Sowelu
March 9th, 2006, 08:09 PM

OH could you give me exact or estimated measurements I wanna try it tonight!!!!!
please:)

Sowelu
March 9th, 2006, 08:11 PM

OH could you give me exact or estimated measurements I wanna try it tonight!!!!!

Sowelu
March 9th, 2006, 08:48 PM

OH could you give exact or estimated measurements I wanna try that tonight!!!
please?

Ceres
March 9th, 2006, 09:35 PM

for one pkg of noodles: 2 tbsps peanutbutter, melted in microwave, 2 tsps soya sauce, 1 tsp garlic powder, a couple shakes of chilli powder and you can also add 1 tsp sesame seeds too.

Sowelu
March 9th, 2006, 09:48 PM
for one pkg of noodles: 2 tbsps peanutbutter, melted in microwave, 2 tsps soya sauce, 1 tsp garlic powder, a couple shakes of chilli powder and you can also add 1 tsp sesame seeds too.

Thank You!

I tried making some before you posted this and...well...didn't come out too good:lol:
I added too much peanut butter.

lillysmom
March 9th, 2006, 10:52 PM
Its not much, but I like to break an egg in with the noodles while they are boiling. It makes it a little more filling, plus it is yummy.

Sowelu
March 9th, 2006, 11:12 PM
Its not much, but I like to break an egg in with the noodles while they are boiling. It makes it a little more filling, plus it is yummy.

I've done that and it is good!!!!

Rhisiart
March 9th, 2006, 11:38 PM
Top Ramen Tamale

Take 1 bag of Ramen, any flavor but beef, spicy beef, veggie beef and pork work best...Take a GRAB BAG or $.99 Bag of Doritoes, the big one.

Open both bags just a little so air can escape, then using a rolling method, crush both dry ingredients as small as you can. Not into powder but into small peices.

pour both in the big Doritoes bag.
Add a piece of chopped summer sausage or any other meat product you have, but only about 1 1/2oz.
Add 1 to 2 finely chopped jalapeno peppers, with juice,
and finally top of with a goodly amount of squeeze cheese or your favorite cheese dip from 7-11.

Now add boiling water, just enough that it covers everything in the bag.
Be careful as its gonna be HOT!
Mix it up with a spoon or you can just smush it all together.
Roll the bag up like you would a fatti...er, um..roll the bag up tight, wrap a towel around it and set it under a pillow or cushion or blanket or somewhere it wont get smashed and let it set for 20-30 minutes. If you can hold out longer 40 is really good!

As soon as time is up, gently open the bag up and slit it down the middle. All your ingredients should have fused togther into a nice solid Tamale like meal which will really fill you up! Use that jar of picante sauce on top and dig in!!

Great on the road meal!!

Sowelu
March 9th, 2006, 11:43 PM
Top Ramen Tamale

Take 1 bag of Ramen, any flavor but beef, spicy beef, veggie beef and pork work best...Take a GRAB BAG or $.99 Bag of Doritoes, the big one.

Open both bags just a little so air can escape, then using a rolling method, crush both dry ingredients as small as you can. Not into powder but into small peices.

Add a piece of chopped summer sausage or any other meat product you have, but only about 1 1/2oz.
and finally top of with a goodly amount of squeeze cheese or your favorite cheese dip from 7-11.

Roll the bag up like you would a fatti...er, um..roll the bag up tight, wrap a towel around it and set it under a pillow or cushion or blanket or somewhere it wont get smashed and let it set for 20-30 minutes. If you can hold out longer 40 is really good!

As soon as time is up, gently open the bag up and slit it down the middle. All your ingredients should have fused togther into a nice solid Tamale like meal which will really fill you up! Use that jar of picante sauce on top and dig in!!

Great on the road meal!!

Wow! That is very creative and sounds good!
Def gonna try that!

Rhisiart
March 9th, 2006, 11:48 PM
Thanks! Also I like putting a microwaved scrambled egg(s) with Cheese Doritoes and a little squeeze cheese too. I use to live on the road and sometimes you get into a town or place and nothing was open and so you went to 7-11 and got whatever you could to add to your ramen noodles...easy to carry on the bus!!

Sowelu
March 9th, 2006, 11:56 PM
Top Ramen Tamale

Great on the road meal!!

so where'd you get this recipe from anyways???http://www.mysticwicks.com/images/icons/icon10.gif

Sowelu
March 9th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Thanks! Also I like putting a microwaved scrambled egg(s) with Cheese Doritoes and a little squeeze cheese too. I use to live on the road and sometimes you get into a town or place and nothing was open and so you went to 7-11 and got whatever you could to add to your ramen noodles...easy to carry on the bus!!

ah okay that answers my last question:lol:

Sowelu
March 9th, 2006, 11:58 PM
Ya'all are so creative with your noodles!! I'm printing these out as we speak (or as I type this)!
:lol: :cheers:

Rhisiart
March 10th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Ya'all are so creative with your noodles!! I'm printing these out as we speak (or as I type this)!
:lol: :cheers:

I have been told I am VERY creative with my noodle...lol but your offline now...durn it.

Bronach Druid
March 10th, 2006, 12:10 AM
Cold pasta salad
chicken flavored ramen noodles
bag of frozen carrots and peas
green pepper
scallions
mayo

Heat carrots and peas and then let them cool
Cook noodles
Dice pepper
Slice scallions
Put all ingredients into a bowl, add flavor packets and some mayo
Chill

Stir fry
oriental flavor ramen noodles
frozen stir fry veggies
Stir fry with a little olive oil, add flavor packets, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, garlic salt or crushed garlic to your own taste.
You could also add in some chicken, hamburger, scrambled egg or whatever you like.

Krystalin
March 10th, 2006, 04:27 PM
~~NOODLE PEPPERONI PIZZA~~

4 pkg. (3-oz. each) ramen noodles
1 tbsp. olive or vegetable oil
1 c. spaghetti or pizza sauce
1 c. (4-oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese
1 pkg. (3-oz.) sliced pepperoni, cut into strips

Discard seasoning packets from noodles or save for another use. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Heat oil in a 10" ovenproof skillet. Press noodles into skillet, evenly covering the bottom of pan. Cook until bottom of crust is lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Pour spaghetti sauce over the crust. Sprinkle with cheese and pepperoni. Broil 4-6 inches from heat for 3-4 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.

Yield: 4-6 servings

I prefer spaghetti sauce with very little sugar added to it, otherwise it tastes too sweet for me.

Meadhbh
March 10th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Saimin

6 cups water (the amount can be increased to 8 if you like a lot of
noodles)
4 tsp hon dashi
4 tab soy sauce
3 tab rice vinegar
Ramen noddles
Optional but I like them:
1 tsp garlic chili sauce
3 sliced mushrooms (regular or shiitake, at will)
1 cup chopped onions.

Nuke or saute the onions and mushrooms, add the rest of the ingredients
and simmer for as long as the noodles take, say 10 minutes.

Add frozen cooked shrimp, sliced Chinese fishcake, sliced pork, sliced
omelet etc, and bring to boil to heat up the additions. Serve topped
with chopped green onions.

Eat with chopsticks (or a fork if you like). If there is any soup left,
drink it from the bowl or use a spoon.

If hon dashi worries you (it contains dried bonito tuna), use Japanese
vegetable soup stock, chicken soup stock or even dried chicken stock.
However, the amount of fish taste when saimin is made with hon dashi is
almost subliminal.

FaeryChild
March 10th, 2006, 06:03 PM

A good mild variation on that is to use crunchy peanutbutter. Gives it some texture.

Silvan
March 11th, 2006, 12:44 PM
So does anyone here have any creative unique recipes using Ramen Noodles?Ramen cream of chicken noodle soup.

I find that they taste terrible with just one little flavor packet, so I wind up using two packets of powder for every one cake of noodles I eat. That leaves an extra cake of noodles with nothing to flavor it up.

I've tried eating them dry, or plain, and they taste terrible. So I came up with ramen cream of chicken noodle soup. Simply put it's about two envelopes of Lipton cup-a-soup cream of chicken mixed up with water, added to one pot of drained ramen noodles.

It's delicious!

Rowanbirch
March 11th, 2006, 01:20 PM
1 head cabbage, shredded
8 green onions, sliced
1/2 c. sunflower seeds
1/2 c. toasted almond slices
2 pkgs. Ramen noodles oriental, uncooked

Break up uncooked noodles and toss with remaining ingredients. Pour dressing over salad just before serving. Serves 10.

DRESSING:

1 c. oil
2 tbsp. vinegar
4 tbsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
Ramen Noodle Seasoning Packet

Mix together.

forestrangergrrl
March 11th, 2006, 08:12 PM
I have been told I am VERY creative with my noodle...lol but your offline now...durn it.

bwahahaha!!!!

Sowelu
March 11th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Time to fire up the printer again....
:lol:

SilverClaw
March 11th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by Rhisiart I have been told I am VERY creative with my noodle...lol but your offline now...durn it. :D :lol:

Time to fire up the printer again....
:lol: I agree maybe we should try some of thee recipes and come back and post which ones we tried :D

Rhisiart
March 11th, 2006, 10:35 PM
OK it was corny...so what? Maybe it was a typo! maybe i AM good with my noodle....s...Maybe I shouldnt drink bourbon and stay up late on MW....maybe

You caould try my recipes but theyre for when your hungry and tired on the road and sick of eating red wrapper burritos, funions and mountain dew...but who could get tired of that?!!

SilverClaw
March 11th, 2006, 10:38 PM
sick of eating red wrapper burritos, funions and mountain dew...but who could get tired of that?!! ah I could :lol:

Evendusk
March 11th, 2006, 11:34 PM
I've had the Ultimate Ramen Recipe off this site and it was yummy!

http://mattfischer.com/ramen/

Here's another site.

http://www.budget101.com/ramen_noodle_recipes.htm

Serenity's LostSoul
March 17th, 2006, 10:00 PM

Without the water and seasoning mix? Or with?

Amber Wynd
March 18th, 2006, 12:55 AM
Here's my favorite way to eat top ramen. I saute sliced mushrooms and red peppers with some cabbage that's been cut into strips. If I'm cooking for meat eaters, I add some ham or chicken. While the veggies are cooking, I soak the noodles in warm water until they're soft, drain them, and then add them in with the vegetables and meat. Toss in some diced green onion, empty the flavor packets on top and mix it all together. It's fast and cheap and people will be impressed because it tastes wonderful. You can also add frozen oriental style vegetables if you want.

Starry Night
March 23rd, 2006, 10:32 PM
I have found a small book called
"101 things to do with ramen noodles"
It is available in bookstores and
some of the recipes sound really yummy:dinnertim

Starz123
April 5th, 2006, 05:07 AM
Well, guys, this is similar to some of the stir fry recipes posted here!

Ingredients,:
1 packet Ramen Noodle
1 egg,
Chicken, ham, watever u prefer -optional
frozen veggies -optional
Cabbage chopped
half onion sliced
1 capsicum sliced
3 red chillies chopped
soy sauce
salt to taste

1. Boil only the noodles and when ready strain and keep aside

2. A teaspoon of oil and add the egg to it and just make it scrambled

3. one tablespoon of oil, add the cabage, chillies, capsicum, onion, Meat(whichever or frozen veggies). Saute them then add in your drained noodles, about 2 spoons of soy sauce, the flavor packet(seasoning) you are given with the noodles and stir fry it. In the end, add the scarmbled egg and mix it all up and its ready.

End result: Indonesian style fried noodles!!!

Hope you like it!!
:abanana:
Cheers!

PeleRising
May 26th, 2006, 06:33 PM
Asian beef and noodles
1 1/2 lbs ground beef (or other meat)
2 pkgs ramen soup (I use beef)
2 cups water
1 bag frozen veggies
1/4 tsp ginger

I brown 1 1/2 pounds ground beef/turkey/chicken in a pan... drain the fat, remove the meat from the pan and add to it the seasoning package from 1 package of ramen soup(flavor of soup depends on the meat you are using).

Add 2 cups of water to pan, 1 bag frozen mixed veggies, 2 ramen soup packages (noodles broken up) the other seasoning package, 1/4 tsp of dry ginger...stir together and let simmer till noodles are cooked and veggies tender 3 + minutes... add meat mixture.... and voila... asian beef and noodles.

SilentDreams
May 26th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Well I did this one when I started getting really fed up with just plain ramen.

It's not even really a recipe lol. I would just cook the ramen as usual, only I'd drain the water, and throw away the seasoning packet. For flavour I'd just toss the noodles lightly with teryaki or Lite Soy Sauce.

^That one is quick and easy for a nice change.

I've got more but they're more "Random Creative Moments" than recipes, so it'll be a while till I can remember them all well and give good instructions lol.

maphdet
May 26th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Take a pack of ramon noodles ...crush before you open ...pour in bowl...add seasoning...eat not cooked!

It's not too bad ....I was desperate one time when the electric was out!
Surprisingly I've done this when I had electric too!

maudlin
June 2nd, 2006, 05:52 PM
we use them to make pasta dishes.
or if im really hungry, i'll cook chicken and chop it up into strips and stir-fry some veggies while making the noodles (without the flavor packet) then i'll mix it all up in the wok with soy sauce or teriyaki sauce.
its quite yummy. if we have shrimp i'll add that too.

Nitefalle
June 2nd, 2006, 08:11 PM
I get the shrimp flavor and throw out the noodles. I add the seasoning packet to boiling water, throw in some ground ginger, sliced green onions and some cleaned, cooked shrimp. It is so good when you want something clean and simple, especially if you are sick. I've added noodles as well, but I prefer it without. Mushrooms would be good as well.