PDA

View Full Version : mmm cottage cheese

Ceres
March 10th, 2006, 12:45 PM
How could I forget how good this is? I bought the flavoured ones last week and they were awful, but I was inspired to buy the plain stuff this week and yummy! Its even good for ya.

Astara Seague
March 10th, 2006, 01:48 PM
I love cottage cheese,its one of my favorite snacks, I like to cut up avacado and put in it, or stir in some salsa!!! yummy!!:boing:

MysticWitch
March 10th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Yucko girl friend lol. I dont think I could ever like that even if it was flavoured. More for you I guess :lol:

Im glad you found something you love though. It's wonderful when people experience new stuff.
:D

~*Ginger*~
March 10th, 2006, 02:20 PM
I love it so well, I wish they sold it by the 5 gallon bucket!

My grandmother used to make it by tying a mason jar to her rocking chair...

Rae ShadowWolf
March 10th, 2006, 02:31 PM
I LOVE cottage cheese. I will buy some, then look in the fridge to get it, and find it already gone! Between Kris and I, it stays in the fridge maybe a day. LoL

Rosana
March 10th, 2006, 03:41 PM
I agree, it's too yummy! :D

HetHert
March 10th, 2006, 03:50 PM
Nummyness!! I love it with salad and with cherry tomatoes...great snack. Half up some cherry tomatoes then put a dollop of cottage cheese on top of the half and yum yum eat it up think I'm in love!

blueangel
March 11th, 2006, 03:43 AM
It's really good put in bread machine mixes. it makes the bread all moist and delish!

Rowanbirch
March 11th, 2006, 01:30 PM
I hate those flavored ones that you buy. Basically its crappy jelly that they took from their crappy jelly making plant.

The trick? Make your own flavors.

Take some great jellies, you know the ones you find at trendy little country knicky knacky stores! add about a tablespoon of whatever chutney, jam, etc into your cottage cheese. You actually save money because one-even though the jams may be pricey they last forever and two days, and you won't throw out your cottage cheese due to the yuckies of the flavored ones.

I have had spiced wine ginger peach jam, peach blueberry flavored jam, mango chutney jam, etc.

Those are my winter fixes. In the summer it has to be fresh from the farmer's market fruit stirred in.

On the whole blech factor of cottage cheese, I can't eat it plain, and I hate in Lasagna. I have to have stir ins. Once, I even stirred in some ceasar salad dressing splash. My favorite quote though was from a friend who said on observing me eat cottage cheese,

"I just can't eat something that looks like it could have been scraped off my thighs."

Yeah, I stopped eating it that day.

Robin

Gwenhwyfar
March 11th, 2006, 02:34 PM
mmmm, its so good with fruit salad!

dragoncrone
March 11th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Try it, it's awesome - but it should be the real stuff from Vermont or Wisconsin, not that Mrs. -Whoever -in -the -plastic -bottle crap.
Dang, now I'm hungry... *goes off to kitchen for snack*

forestrangergrrl
March 11th, 2006, 07:59 PM
mmmm, its so good with fruit salad!

my mom used to do that all the time when i was little, she called it 'fruit glop' and we'd inhale the stuff. it's also great if you're dieting - you get your fruit and dairy all in one! mmmmmm yummy!

anthrit
March 16th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Cottage cheese Rules! :boing:

Serenity's LostSoul
March 17th, 2006, 09:56 PM
I love cottage cheese,its one of my favorite snacks, I like to cut up avacado and put in it, or stir in some salsa!!! yummy!!:boing:

Oooh, avocado, eh? Hmmm...I'll have to try that. I love avocados!

Not sure about the salsa, though. And I live in the SW. *L*

SSanf
April 8th, 2006, 09:35 PM
I just added celery, balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, dehydrated onion and salt to some cottage cheese.

That was pretty good! If I had smashed it up, it would have been a nice dip.

It is good with any salad dressing you like.

Also, it is really tasty spiced up with crumbled blue cheese or sharp cheddar for wimps who find blue cheese too strong.

OnyxMoon
May 22nd, 2006, 11:27 PM
I've always liked cottage cheese with my beans (pinto) and also my spaghetti... I know... most think it's gross.:hehehehe:

Flux
May 23rd, 2006, 12:01 AM
I like mine with tomatoes and lots of pepper! Yum!

Silvana
May 23rd, 2006, 12:05 AM
Cottage Cheese!
A basic but a goody is cottage cheese and pears or peaches. Gods I could eat nothing but cottage cheese all day...I haven't had it in months. Now I'm going to have to go get some! Yum!

Starlight*Rains
May 23rd, 2006, 02:34 AM
I love it added to my salads and spaghetti (Don't wince,, it is in almost any lasagna)...i'm not big on the friut mix up though. Oh and I do like some sliced, salted tomato with it too....I too haven't had any in a while so guess who's going to get some in the morning!!!!

NiftyWings
May 23rd, 2006, 10:53 AM
I don't care for it much plain, but I love using it in cooking. As a matter of fact, I whipped up a batch of Cottage Cheese and Apple Pancakes last night (from the Moosewood Cookbook). Just finished one off as I'm reading this! :hahugh: Nummy!

dragoncrone
May 23rd, 2006, 11:40 AM
I like mine with maple syrup.
**The real stuff, not that brown goo in the plastic bottle shaped like the Pillsbury Doughboy's mother.

WitchJezebel
May 23rd, 2006, 12:44 PM
I love it, but I don't like the flavored ones, I'd rather put my own fruit in.