PDA

View Full Version : New at Computers

Garnet
January 12th, 2002, 05:00 AM
I am apologizing in advance, because I'll probably annoy the tar out of people with what I sincerely hope won't be too-dumb questions.
I named my computer Solomon (the wisdom of the ages...). He's my first computer since my Commodore 64 died. The night I bought Solomon, I had no intentions of getting one yet. I just went with my sister to see what she was getting. Surprise!!!
So I didn't take any courses, etc. before I got this, so I was completely unprepared for it. I have only begun to learn how to use it.
Yeah, I do use computers at work, but the ones I have access to are dedicated to my work area, so all I can do is start, stop, & keep track of some equipment.
After reading several books on 'Windows XP', I like the 'Visual' "Windows XP Simplified", (maranGraphics) which assumes the reader has no idea what 'Windows' is. I bought the 'Best Buy' on-line compuer learning program, which I'm not really too keen on.
Anyway... I'm REAL new at this computer stuff, & I might be asking a lot of questions, so I thought I'd warn you in advance.
Thanks for your patience. If I get too annoying, let me know, & I'll bake you some chocolate-chip shortbread.