PDA

View Full Version : Weight Loss???

TheTheologin
January 13th, 2002, 02:52 AM
Ok all over the place I see peices on weight loss but never threads on weight gain. OK I know what you're all thinking "is this chick insane?" :crazy: But there are millions of ppl out there who are very underweight and want to GAIN weight. so can you put up a nice thread for that?8O

Myst
January 13th, 2002, 10:36 AM
Why don't you?

No wait, here *this* is the thread on weight gain.

Simple answer - work out. Lift weights. Eat regularly. 5 small meals is good. Lots of protein for muscle gain, veggies and fruits, etc. Carbs are good for energy so don't rule them out. Take a multivitamin. Drink lots of water.

Jog, play tennis, swim, join team sports, lift weights, etc. Exercise makes you gain healthy weight - you build muscles which is better then loading on fat.

Or you could just drink beer and eat pizza every night :D

TheTheologin
January 13th, 2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Myst

Or you could just drink beer and eat pizza every night :D

Very tempting Myst...................but the 3 yr old sitting next to me probably wouldn't like that too much :p

Yvonne Belisle
January 13th, 2002, 09:39 PM
Are you kidding I bet they would love the pizza part! The beer well that's a little different I know use rootbeer or birchbeer! Don't forget lots of chocolate for dessert! Myst gave the best advice for healthy weight gain.

TheTheologin
January 14th, 2002, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by Myst
Why don't you?

No wait, here *this* is the thread on weight gain.

Simple answer - Eat regularly. 5 small meals is good, swim. Lots of protein for muscle gain, veggies and fruits, etc. Carbs are good for energy so don't rule them out. Take a multivitamin. Drink lots of water.

This part I can do.

Jog, play tennis, join team sports, lift weights, etc. Exercise makes you gain healthy weight - you build muscles which is better then loading on fat.

HOWEVER, I might have to talk to my cardiologist about this part

Yvonne Belisle
January 14th, 2002, 01:17 AM
Well that makes it harder! You really don't want the kind of weight I have the dr would be just as upset with you. There have to be some healthy ways to gain that you can still do. I don't know them though. My husband needs them too. I think I can make 2 of him. He is also underweight and would like to fix that.

TheTheologin
January 14th, 2002, 05:51 AM
Yeah It's a little tougher bc you can't go under a certain weight nor can you go over. But I'm sure the dr. can put me on both a diet and and exercise routine that will be just right fo rme
But thanks for the tips Myst I will ask my dr exactly which one i can do or which ones i can moderate:)......................You guys are such sweeties :D

Lavender
January 18th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Yvonne Thomas
My husband needs them too. I think I can make 2 of him.

That sounds like us too! :p That man doesn't have a speck of fat on him. Everything seems to go into muscle.

Myst
January 18th, 2002, 03:47 PM
heh

hellfire actually literally makes almost two of me (give or take 20 lbs)