PDA

View Full Version : Happy Ostara

phoenix9
March 20th, 2006, 02:15 AM
I feel like I must be missing something since I can't find another thread, but today being the vernal equinox it is also Ostara.. so HAPPY AND BLESSED OSTARA!!!!!! :dancy:

anyone have any interesting celebrations or sabbat rituals planned?

fireopalmuse
March 20th, 2006, 02:29 AM
Hello and Happy Ostara to you to. IT feels good already doesn`t it. I do not have any special rituals planned because I`m so new to my path. I need to invest in some books ASAP if you know what I mean. What kinds of things do we do on this day?? I don`t really know.:fpoke: :T _pounce_ :boquet: :fpeace: :tarotwitc :fpartyfav :abanana: :cutie: :drool:

Cindlady2
March 20th, 2006, 06:16 AM
I feel like I must be missing something since I can't find another thread, but today being the vernal equinox it is also Ostara.. so HAPPY AND BLESSED OSTARA!!!!!! :dancy:

anyone have any interesting celebrations or sabbat rituals planned?

:jamsessio Happy Ostara to you!
Happy Ostara to you!
Happy Ostara dear witches....
Happy Ostara to you!!!!!:boquet:

Cindlady2
March 20th, 2006, 06:28 AM
Hello and Happy Ostara to you to. IT feels good already doesn`t it. I do not have any special rituals planned because I`m so new to my path. I need to invest in some books ASAP if you know what I mean. What kinds of things do we do on this day?? I don`t really know.:fpoke: :T _pounce_ :boquet: :fpeace: :tarotwitc :fpartyfav :abanana: :cutie: :drool:

LOL...............Easter Stuff!!!

realy! colored eggs, hiding baskets, bunnies... getting ready for spring!

cheddarsox
March 20th, 2006, 08:05 AM
changing the altar from green (first flush of spring) and frog stuff to purple (stuff is now blooming in the lawn) stuff!

Also, meeting with the other worshippers for a celebration at a local coffee house.

Also...some spring house cleaning/life cleaning to good music this afternoon, and of course...blueberry shakes for dessert!

here is how it is done ....

get a blender, put in some vanilla ice cream (or vegan substitute) and some milk. Blend, add frozen berries, a dash of cinnimon, and a few drops of lemon extract. Blend, and enjoy!

It is a perfectly purple treat!

cheddar

Chesna
March 20th, 2006, 09:56 AM
Our coven celebrated Ostara on Sat and I was part of the ritual. To me Ostara is about new beginings, new life, new ideas, new projects. Its cleaning out all the old stale air from Winter and letting in the warmth and freshness of spring.!!

Chesna

aislin_ryann
March 20th, 2006, 10:21 AM
HAPPY OSTARA!!!_happydanc

SilverClaw
March 20th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Happy Ostara and bright blessings to all of you :D

Aeon Flux
March 20th, 2006, 10:42 AM
Happy Ostara!

I'll be lighting some candles, cleaning out my room and eating some nice food, I guess. :)

Nothing too fancy, I haven't had the time to prepare.

2steps
March 20th, 2006, 01:01 PM
happy ostara

We are having lamb for dinner, an egg hunt for the children and a great big bonfire. Also have some egg and sun colouring sheets and am going to decorate some real eggs and then use the broken decorated shells to make a mosiac

shuvanilu
March 20th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Happy OSTARA! YAY!!!!!!!!! Bring on the chocolate bunnies:)---shuvanilu

Meadhbh
March 20th, 2006, 01:51 PM
Happy OSTARA! YAY!!!!!!!!! Bring on the chocolate bunnies:)---shuvanilu

And yo can't forget the eggs with the cream filling. Happy Ostara everyone.

Zhr Morgana
March 20th, 2006, 02:23 PM
Happy Ostara everyone...unfortunately I'm down with bronchitis since Saturday so I won't be doing much to celebrate :(

Astara Seague
March 20th, 2006, 02:26 PM
Blessed Ostara Everyone!
:abanana::abanana: :abanana: :abanana: :abanana:

:tarotwitc :T :boquet:

:steppy: :steppy: :steppy: :steppy: :steppy:

DanuMoonrunner
March 20th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Blessed Ostara to all. If we weren't having such a wicked snow storm, I'd feel more like celebrating! But Hawk and I do get an unexpected day off so, we may do a little celebrating together!!!!!

FaeryChild
March 20th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Blessed Ostara! I was going to work on my garden but then it suddenly got cold.:damncold:

One thing I have done is melt icecubes to represent the end of winter and then used the water to boil good smelling herbs to make my house smell nice. I'm also might do some spring cleaning
:fishtank::broomride

Windsmith
March 20th, 2006, 04:43 PM
I changed the "altar cloth" on my work altar to lilac (it's a big square of paper in a plastic sleeve, really, but "altar cloth" sounds so much cooler than "altar placemat"). But the big ritual/celebration isn't 'til Wednesday - first day I could get off work.

LadyCelt
March 21st, 2006, 03:11 PM
What are some good herbs for offerings? And what type of wine is usually had, I"m guessing white. Thanks for the help.

Whitewolf
March 21st, 2006, 05:55 PM
Happy Ostara!