PDA

View Full Version : Tantric sex and homosexuality

David19
March 20th, 2006, 12:40 PM
Does anyone know anything about tantric sex, also i've heard that some people seem to think gay people can't practice it because it has to be man and woman or something like that, is this true, and are there any books or sites about gay tantric sex, i'd like to see what it's about it, but haven't found anything, and a lot of the books and sites i've seen focus on male and female (and always make it seem like the only normal thing is hetrosexuality and don't even mention LGBT people).

Anyway, thanks for any help :).

Snapdragon
March 20th, 2006, 01:13 PM
I would reply more about this, but it is my understanding that the public part the board is supposed to be PG-13 or something like that. Of course, tantra is often equated with sex, and that's just a bogus (and "Hollywood style") misunderstanding. There's a tradition there that spans many centuries, and has its own twists and turns.

Since you're at least as competent as I am at conducting an internet search, I won't try to conjure up a reading list. I will, though, comment on your basic question. The dualities in tantra--masculine and feminine--are the externalized or grossly manifest forms of a more basic duality, often expressed as a positive and negative. This does NOT mean "good" and "bad" respectively, but simply an ontological difference (meaning, one that is "in the fabric of Being") and therefore cannot be transcended, refuted, ignored, or altered.

Tantra, about which I know more from reading other matters than directly on the subject, is therefore the study of the duality of power, which Wiccans understand as gendered. The inner Mystery of gender, of course, is the power itself...and it is there that tantra can work with the duality, regardless of the gender of the people involved.

There's one more point: this duality is not only person/body transactional...it is also inward. Each individual person contains and experiences this duality. This is called kundalini, and is another form of "power work." Again, this is something I know more through other readings than from direct study.

Finally: I'm no expert. There are Authorities around, and if you find that works for you, it might make sense to seek out one or more to see/hear what they have to say. FWIW though, that's what this one non-expert has to say.

Good luck and Blessed Be.

Covy
July 5th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Does anyone know anything about tantric sex, also i've heard that some people seem to think gay people can't practice it because it has to be man and woman or something like that, is this true, and are there any books or sites about gay tantric sex, i'd like to see what it's about it, but haven't found anything, and a lot of the books and sites i've seen focus on male and female (and always make it seem like the only normal thing is hetrosexuality and don't even mention LGBT people).

Anyway, thanks for any help :).
Amazon.com sells two books on gay tantric practices. Just do a search for it there.

TheWomanMonster
July 5th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Yeah I'm sure you can find something.
I used to work in an adult store and I do recall coming across a few books (or at least sections of books) that were exploring the idea of homosexuality in tantric sex...
it's not like you're the first person to look for such information.
I'd have to agree, try Amazon.com.

And if it doesn't work... just try reading books on tantric sex and applying the same practices to your life. It will take a little experimentation I'm sure, but you'll figure something out.

Good Luck

Monster

mtpathy
July 12th, 2006, 11:04 PM
alright first off lets throw out the beliefs that are first had when one
mentions tantric sex,tantric sex does not have to be exaggerated
sexual postures,or holding that posture for any length of time.
the basis of tantric sex is simply to withhold yourself from orgasm,by
being able to withhold orgasm for a indefinite period of time you will have
learned to keep yourself in a constant state of extacy(sp)?.
basicly each time you find yourself coming close to climaxing,you stop and
hold it back, "there are practices in doing this".
one practice is to "pinch firmly",the head of the penis and hold it,and another
practice is to put your penis between your legs and hold it firmly with your
legs,even thinking of baseball helps teehee :)
each time that you "holdback",you will have filled that "bucket" up a little
bit more so to speak.
learning to constantly "cap" that climax will prolong or intensify the feeling
of extacy,if i remember correctly this is called "building the rainbow bridge".
when one can keep themselves from climax by this method for a indefinite
period of time then,and only then can the two making love exist and meet
the god and goddess in the experience of extacy..
or something like that ill have to dig out my books,i do however remember
reading a chapter that says that this can be practiced as either hetro or
homo,that it doesn't matter.

Bliss
July 12th, 2006, 11:47 PM
you might find the following website helpful. it references publications and other sites that focus on gay spirituality, including tantric practices.

http://eplanetplus.com/gay-spiritual-network/

for traditional information on tantra i'd recommend the following source:

http://sivasakti.com/

best of luck!

~bliss

:flowers:

David19
July 18th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the links and book recommendations everyone :).

I did a search on Amazon.com, for gay tantra, and i like the looks and reviews of the 2 books i found, when i get enough money, i think i'll get them.

Thanks again.