PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Savings Time

mhrtwll
January 16th, 2002, 07:09 PM
Hi everyone,
my girlfriend has an Aries Ascendant and has the Moon in Taurus occupying her 1st house. My question is: Does my girlfriend have an Aries Ascendant or a Taurus Ascendant?
Yes, I know it is stated that she has an Aries Ascendant, but what about her Taurus Moon in her 1st house? Does Taurus and Aries work simultaneously in her first house?

(thread name is wrong)

Kadynas
January 22nd, 2002, 11:02 PM
It really depends on how close that Moon is to her ascendant... I myself have Gemini rising at 29 degrees, but have Jupiter in close conjunction at 01 Cancer, and it definitely brings a different tone to it. But I still feel that the Rising sign is accurate (as long as you're sure of birthtime)...even though I have no other strong Gemini type energies in my chart, I definitely fit the profile of a Gemini Rising. :)

Litha
January 23rd, 2002, 02:23 AM
what degree is her Asc and what degree is her moon?

mhrtwll
January 23rd, 2002, 02:13 PM
My girlfriends degree of ascendant is Aries 1.02
Her moon is Taurus 21.28 1st house

My situation is somewhat similar.
My degree of ascendant is Libra 26.58
my uranus (no jokes please =P ) is in Scorpio and is 24.46 1st house

For me i adjusted for Daylight Savings time, so i hope this is correct.

I observed that my g/f acts more like a Taurus than an Aries, and I find that I act more like a Scorpio than a Libra... hmm...

Doctor Oakroot
February 19th, 2002, 05:10 PM
Anytime something is as close to the cusp as 1.02 degrees, both signs will be strongly represented. It's almost as if the signs were struggling with each other for control - so they're both more active than normal (this is probably noticeable +/- 3 degrees from the cusp).

The moon emphasizes Taurus, and, in women the moon is often more evident than the sun, so no surprise she acts like a Taurus.

I suspect she has Arean behaviors that are more evident to someone who knows her less well than you do (i.e., you're seeing through the Arean behavior to the underlying Taurean behavior).

mhrtwll
February 20th, 2002, 12:05 PM
Thanks!
Yeah, my girlfriend probably seems like an Aries to those who don't know her well. That's an interesting point you made, i didnt even realize that.
By the way, I figured out that i am not a Libra ascendant, I am a Scorpio Ascendant...I realized that the birth chart calculator i used already corrected for Daylight Savings Time so i could put in the time on my birth certificate w/out having to adjust.