View Full Version : How do I cleanse my cards?

The_Dark _One
January 19th, 2002, 02:43 PM
i was wondering how to cleanse my cards. just got them and just started useing tarot.

January 19th, 2002, 03:23 PM
There's lots of different ways of cleansing cards.

If your pack is brand new, then I would spend lots of time handling it, shuffling, looking at the cards, just getting used to the feel of them in your hands. I even find that you can unconciously start to impart some of your own energy into them while doing something else as well - I always spend a few evenings just shuffling a new deck while watching tv!! After all, shuffling can get pretty boring if that's all you're doing.

I also like to spread them out on a window sill, face up, that the moon can shine in. I leave them there over night, and that seems to be pretty good too. I don't recommend doing this with sunlight though - you made fade the colours! Tarot Cards need slightly more subtle energy than sunlight!!

You could also bless them in whatever religious practice you follow. Once I have shuffled my cards half to death, and left them in the light of the moon (I'm not overly particular if it's a full moon or not - I know the moon is there in full, even if I can't see it all) I like to have a ritual blessing, consecrating my cards to my God and Goddess, and also asking for a connection to be begun between the Divine, the cards, and myself, so I can read clearly and accurately with them.

It's nice to have somewhere special to put them, too. My first deck lives in a beautiful wooden cigar box I bought at a garage sale. My favourite deck lives in a velvet bag, which is emboidered and decorated with beads.

I don't believe you have to spend lots of money on pure silk wrappings, or other paraphanalia. Just treat them with respect and you'll get the best out of them.

Hope this helps!!

January 19th, 2002, 03:43 PM
Check out Help for Newbies up at the top of this forum; A Course in Tarot might help too.

The_Dark _One
January 19th, 2002, 04:28 PM
thanks i have sage, if that help cleanse i dony know, but thanks

January 20th, 2002, 03:48 AM
Sage is excellent for cleansing & not just for cards only! :D

Here's an older thread on some ideas on card cleansing you might be interested in.

Witchy Cowgirl
November 3rd, 2002, 01:00 AM
Masamune, here's another!
(bumpity bump)