PDA

View Full Version : need input

The_Dark _One
January 19th, 2002, 04:58 PM
i wood like people to go to my site and tell what you think. and give it to me hard.ok www.geocities.com/psychodudeman

Kiya
January 19th, 2002, 05:08 PM
Frightening stuff!! I like the raven on the headstone photo. You have my admiration as it's all I can do to switch the computer on, let alone build a web page! Good luck with it.

Imagi
January 19th, 2002, 05:31 PM
Not bad . . . couple thoughts:

The backgrounds are really, really busy. This makes it all the more difficult to actually read the words (that, and the colors of some of the words, like the blue on the top of the main page . . . can't read it at all against the background). If you don't want to sacrifice using such a busy background, you could take the background image into a graphics program, and just turn the contrast down a bit, so it's not so bright (and won't take away from any writings you put on top of the background). It just needs to be a little unobtrusive. Will make it easier on the eyes, and will help to make the print easier to read, as well.

Was going to suggest a little work on the html coding, but looked at your source code and saw that you used a pagebuilder for it (which is fine, no big deal). Just saw some strangeness about the coding, but it must just be the way the pagebuilder codes webpages (some pagebuilders are like that). I mean, the page looks like how it's coded, so don't worry about that. I'm just rambling, I guess . . .

All in all, it's not bad, just a little busy visually . . . :)

*Imagi*

Myst
January 22nd, 2002, 10:10 PM
<honest critique>
1. Get off Geoshitties asap - I know I rarely visit sites there just because of the ads!

2. Yes the backgrounds are WAY too busy.

3. Blue text impossible to read, yellow text impossible to read except where it's largest. Red hard to read, black hard to read.

4. Lots of spelling mistakes. Run it through a spell check.

5. Too many unnecessary graphics - slow load time and clutter up the page.

6. I can't wait to see more content!
</honest critique>