PDA

View Full Version : Just a little worried....

Amethyst Rose
April 27th, 2006, 11:33 PM
I'm supposed to go get my IUD removed on Tuesday (May 2nd), and we're going to start ttc. (yay!!)

I could have gotten it removed earlier, but I only started having periods about 8 months ago, or so - I'm on the mirena IUD and for almost 2 years I had no period with it - they have been pretty regular, so I was supposed to call the doctor on the first day and have my IUD removed then. However, this month it came a week earlier than expected and lasted only 3 light days instead of the 5 medium flow days that I've become accustomed to. And those 3 days were on the long weekend (easter), so I couldn't go to the doctor.

So, for the past two weeks I've been feeling a little off. Nothing to really draw attention to....slight dizzyness, very brief periods of nausea. Today, however...I've been nauseaus all day, and have been dizzy off and on. I've even noticed that my breasts are very slightly tender....but I may just be imagining it cuz I'm starting to get paranoid.

So, I'm scared that I'm pregnant. I really really don't want the worry of being pregnant while I still have the IUD....and I'm still convincing myself that I really couldn't be cuz the chances are so slim. But I'm still considering going and buying a test tomorrow....

Do you think I'm just being paranoid?

DreamSpell333
April 27th, 2006, 11:53 PM
I had an iud at one point,but didnt like that I was spotting all the time,and the string got annoying... if your period was much lighter than normal,you could be pregnant.. Hard to really tell.. How affective is the iud? I've heard it's possible to get pregnant while on it.. I dont think your paranoid! Take a test, if your worried that you may be.. :) I have been feeling nauseated also lately.. I've had a bad headache thats come and gone all day today.. I wish you luck! :hugz:

Amethyst Rose
April 28th, 2006, 01:02 AM
Well, I didn't have any spotting or anything whatsoever for almost 2 years... and the string...... haven't noticed it even once. Guess I've been lucky :)

I've also had a bad headache that's come and gone all day.... weird. We'll see how I'm feeling tomorrow...right now I'm good. That'll decide me. :)

Willow Rosette
April 28th, 2006, 08:05 AM
A.R. honey go buy the test just to make yourself feel better. I have been on the IUD for 3 1/2 years and havent had a period after about the first 3 months when it was pretty constant. Now on a very very rare occasion I might spot once and thats it. Sounds like maybe you are just getting a virus or something. But your not going to feel better unless you know. Good luck hon :hugz:

Semele
April 28th, 2006, 09:05 AM
I'd go get the test too just to put your mind at ease. good luck with the removal. Yikes! I am scared of those things! I am anxious to hear how that goes for you.

MysticWitch
April 28th, 2006, 09:15 AM
They say if you think your pregnant and you have an IUD, tell your doctor right away :wave:

Flux
April 28th, 2006, 10:02 AM
I agree, go ahead and test. Better to know.

:hugz:

Kalika
April 28th, 2006, 10:29 AM
IUD's are 99% effective I believe, to answer your question DreamSpell. :)

AR, I agree with everyone else - go get the test if for no other reason than to put your mind at ease. :hugz:

HorseCrow
April 30th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Any news?

Amethyst Rose
April 30th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Well, I've been feeling good the last two days..... I went to the store yesterday to get groceries and stared at the pregnancy tests for a while and decided that it's not necessary. I've just been making myself paranoid. I'll bring it up with the doctor on Tuesday and if she thinks it's significant, then I'll let her handle it. :)

Thanks for your opinions, everyone. :)