PDA

View Full Version : May Challenge Poll

Akeyla
April 29th, 2006, 08:06 PM
So here are the 11 opening lines and the three things.

I've labelled them from A to K.

Please vote for the one you like the best or the one you want to use.

I'll leave the poll up until Saturday May 8th and then on the 9th we can start writing. We will have two weeks to finish writing and submit them to me.

A - "It was a typical characterless, 1960's block of flats, long since lost its fashinability, if that is, it ever had any at all."

A kettle
A biscuit barrel
A kitchen utensil

B - "I didn't mean for it to happen."

A clock
Glass of water
A fallen pine tree.

C - "You must fly to the past in order for the future of today to bring about the change of tomorrow!"

crystal ball
a cloak
a polaroid camera

D - "The shattered remains of the vase lay on the floor- aptly symbolic of his life."

A yellow daisy
roasted peanuts
tears

E - "It was a very interesting window, that rectangular piece of glass sitting in its aluminum frame."

a cherry
the tooth fairy
a stapler

F - "I was often told that red hair was a sign of bad temper, and that green eyes were a sign of evil."

A doll
A music box
A Butterfly

G - "The chandelier couldn't hold our weight much longer."

A bird cage
a crown
a rose tattoo

H - "The sun shone dimly through the dirty window."

a bath
a puppy
a photograph

I - "They silently waited against the drowning wind."

a letter
a rocking chair
a deserted house

J - "Yesterday was the worst day of my life."

rounder's bat
a deep hole
a banana skin

K - "He looked up at me and smiled, as he played with the sharp knife in his hand."

Chair
Newspaper
meatball sandwich

Bethra
April 30th, 2006, 09:30 AM
You need to make an anouncment regarding this in the poetry and lit thread in announcments honey :D Lets get this challange what is deserves and get people taking notice.

argento_occhi
May 1st, 2006, 02:49 AM
Edit: I've already got one done. Call me super inspired today. OK, I'm gonna do another because it's the other side of the story for the two guys involved. I'll only enter one if anyone objects to me entering both.

Edit again: OK, now I really do have two done. And they sort of meld together too. I'm quite proud of that actually. And within the word limits too. I realise I'm way ahead of everyone. Sorry bout that.

Argent,
the one with too much inspiration

Akeyla
May 1st, 2006, 03:15 PM
Argento, that's great.

The last challenge I did, I ended up writing 7 different stories all based on one line and a picture. It gave me a lot to work with and new characters to develop too.

The point of this is to stay inspired and to keep writing, so if that is the case with you, then this challenge has served it's purpose.

I can't wait to read them.

argento_occhi
May 2nd, 2006, 01:14 AM
Thanks. I wasn't intending it to be slash at all, but the two I chose just went so well together and fit the fic I was working on that it made perfect sense. And I'm happy with how they turned out. Maybe I'll write a few more while I wait for the week to pass. It's been fun. :)

Argent

Akeyla
May 5th, 2006, 11:47 PM
We have less then 24 hours to break the tie, someone else vote please.....:awilly:

RubyRose
May 6th, 2006, 07:48 AM
I'd love to but I've already voted...

Philosophia
May 8th, 2006, 08:50 PM
Is this finished? Or are we still waiting?

Akeyla
May 8th, 2006, 09:41 PM
WE CAN WRITE NOW

The poll is closed and here is the winner

"I was often told that red hair was a sign of bad temper, and that green eyes were a sign of evil."

A doll
A music box
A Butterfly

I was hoping to keep the final voting on the stories anonymous so that it is easier to vote without feeling that you are favoring one person over another. Plus it's fun trying to guess who wrote what.

So we have until MAY 21 to hand them all in.

You can email them to me at luna_di_anima@yahoo.ca

Then I will post them all under my name so that no one will know, other than me, who wrote what.

Make sure to put any bold or italic tags into your writing if they are needed as I will not read them before hand. I will simply save them to a file and post them from there.

I will send a response email back saying that I have received it.

Any more questions, feel free to ask, but now it is creative writing time.

Remember to try and make it 1000 words, a little leeway is ok ,like maybe up to 1200 but no more than that.

Good Luck everyone and have fun_taparoo_

Morr
May 10th, 2006, 01:43 PM
*dances around!*

Ooo, very exciting!

halfwaynowhere
May 10th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Yeah! I just started, I have my first 200 words written! This is so much fun! I just hope i don't get stuck... I shouldn't, I already know how i want it to end, I just need to decide how i want to get there!

argento_occhi
May 10th, 2006, 10:40 PM
I managed to finish mine last night. Just need to go and edit it to cut the words down a bit. Possibly change the order of things. It seems to be setting itself up fo continuation, which is good.

Argent

Philosophia
May 10th, 2006, 10:42 PM
I'm assuming its only one story per person, right?

Akeyla
May 11th, 2006, 01:14 AM
I'm assuming its only one story per person, right?

Yes it is unfortunately. Although I know hoe it feels, the last challenge I did, I ended up writing seven different takes on the same story, than I had to decide which one to enter.:awilly:

I'm glad everyone is having fun with this, that is the point, I can't wait to read them all.

argento_occhi
May 11th, 2006, 03:09 AM
Well, at least you've made me revisit some characters I've neglected for the last couple of years. Poor things. There they were getting obsessed over for years, then I went and dropped them for new ones. *pets characters* Ah well. Good excuse to get background stories done. :D

Akeyla
May 17th, 2006, 10:52 PM
We're all working on our stories right, I know I am.

So far I only have one that has been emailed to me so far.

It's not that hard only 1000 words and then send it in. I'm supposed to be posting them all on Monday May 22nd, and then we can vote.

I need more stories please so come on, get writing and have fun with it....

:chattin:

halfwaynowhere
May 18th, 2006, 09:53 PM
i've been busy with finals this week.... i'll try to finish this weekend though, but it might end up shorter than 1000 words, depending on how much time i have to write... i have the beginning, i know how i want it to end, i just have to figure out the middle... lol..

Akeyla
May 18th, 2006, 09:58 PM
i've been busy with finals this week.... i'll try to finish this weekend though, but it might end up shorter than 1000 words, depending on how much time i have to write... i have the beginning, i know how i want it to end, i just have to figure out the middle... lol..

It should be less then 1000 words or at least not more than 1100. The point is just to write and get some practice. Length is not a huge concern.

Akeyla
May 18th, 2006, 11:51 PM
I just finished mine and I made it under 1000 words. This means nothing to you guys. But I have been doing these challenges for the last two months on my other site and have yet to make it under 1000 words.

I am kinda proud of myself. Now I can't wait to post it and see what everyone thinks.

I'm all excited now.:boing:

Philosophia
May 18th, 2006, 11:58 PM
I thought it was 1200, or has it changed?

Akeyla
May 19th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I thought it was 1200, or has it changed?

It's between 1000 - 1200 words or less. 1200 is the maximum if possible.

I've been trying to write a short story under 1000 words for a while now. It's just a personal accomplishment that I'm proud of.

Philosophia
May 20th, 2006, 01:51 AM
It's between 1000 - 1200 words or less. 1200 is the maximum if possible.
I've been trying to write a short story under 1000 words for a while now. It's just a personal accomplishment that I'm proud of.

Whew! I just got mine under 1200 words and I was worried I'd have to edit more...
:hugz:
This is a brilliant exercise!

Akeyla
May 21st, 2006, 09:19 PM
TIMES UP

If you wrote a story for the challenge then please email it to me at luna_di_anima@yahoo.ca. I hope to be able to post them no later than tomorrow night. So anyone who wants to write a story or has one please send it in.