May 1st, 2006, 12:09 PM
N00b question: What's Beltane ?

Lunar Raven
May 1st, 2006, 12:12 PM
Beltane is a sabbat :)

Psycmoe
May 1st, 2006, 12:35 PM
*cheers*

My better half is on and off sick... if he feels better we intend to do some *fun* stuff together... joygasm.

I've the ingredients for some salad like bloody mary's, and I intend to make those. Green and red and spicy with a little bit of vodka. We're going to make some teriyaki chicken and unagi rice for dinner too.

And I'm going to spend some quality time with my dear friend psilocybin this evening.

That's the short of it.

CoolJ
May 1st, 2006, 12:36 PM
Happy Beltane..

I'm not even sure what it is *blush*. so i guess I'm not celebrating it.

LostSheep
May 1st, 2006, 12:40 PM
yay everyone.

May you do ... um ... whatever is done on this very special day.

*has vague idea it involves dancing and stuff*

Amythyst
May 1st, 2006, 12:52 PM
Happy Beltane to everyone.

My husband has the day off and he's celebrating today by watching the Nascar race that was canceled yesterday because of rain.

vikinggoddess
May 1st, 2006, 01:02 PM
happy beltaine~

Meadhbh
May 1st, 2006, 01:39 PM
I'll tell when you boys and girls are older.

WitchCraftWeaver
May 1st, 2006, 01:44 PM
A Blessed Beltane to all.

phoenix9
May 1st, 2006, 03:30 PM
Blessed Beltane to ALL!!!

... my gf and I wont see each other till thursday cause of AP exam schedules ;_; .. but everyone else have a good one

serenarian
May 1st, 2006, 04:13 PM
Blessed Beltane to all! I'm not doing anything special as am feeling much less than festive...but happiness to all who are celebrating tonight. :D

ShadowcatX
May 1st, 2006, 04:40 PM
Happy Beltane and blessed be.

XanderAmon
May 1st, 2006, 05:09 PM
Merry Beltane! :)

WiccanGoddess
May 1st, 2006, 09:02 PM
Blessings to you on this Beltaine Evenin'.

I can't believe I forgot it was Beltain. I had a ritual set up to go, and May 1 has come and is going quickly. I may still have time...Goddess Bless.

fireskunk
May 1st, 2006, 09:56 PM
Thank you all for replying...I hope everyone enjoyed their day. I am still stuck at work on a 16hr shift!....Blessing to all!!!!

KiNoRonin
May 1st, 2006, 11:52 PM
Konnichi Wa to All:

Today is Beltane!

It is the Celebration of the Time of the Year that is exactly between Spring Equinox and Summer Sosltice.

Only 1/8th of a Year left until I go to Stonehenge for Summer Solstice.

Beltane

Also known as May Eve, May Day, and Walpurgis Night, happens at the beginning of May. It celebrates the height of Spring and the flowering of life. The Goddess manifests as the May Queen and Flora. The God emerges as the May King and Jack in the Green. The danced Maypole represents Their unity, with the pole itself being the God and the ribbons that encompass it, the Goddess. Colors are the Rainbow spectrum. Beltane is a festival of flowers, fertility, sensuality, and delight.

Prepare a May basket by filling it with flowers and goodwill and then give it to someone in need of healing and caring, such as a shut-in or elderly friend. Form a wreath of freshly picked flowers, wear it in your hair, and feel yourself radiating joy and beauty. Dress in bright colors. Dance the Maypole and feel yourself balancing the Divine Female and Male within. On May Eve, bless your garden in the old way by making love with your lover in it. Make a wish as you jump a bonfire or candle flame for good luck. Welcome in the May at dawn with singing and dancing.

----------------------------------------------------------

For this Beltane, I decided to go off to my UBC Sacred Grove for an Overnight Camping in order to try out my Camping Equipment that I will be using for my Summer Solstice Trip to the UK.

I got up yesterday morning, quickly Bottled Up my 2006 Beltane Apple Cider then grabbed my Gear and set off.

The Bus Ride out to UBC went off Ok, but I did have some difficulty finding my Sacred Grove.

Part of the Trail was changed as some of the Terrain had turned a bit Swampy and I got off the Trail in a Wrong Direction and ended up Lost for about a Half Hour.

When I did finally get back on Trail and found my Sacred Grove. By the time I had gotten to the Sacred Grove, I was Totally Spent. When I got there, I just dropped my 2 Packs and collapsed on the Ground for a while.

After I had recovered somewhat, I set about lighting the Candles and Incense on the Pentagram design I made from Tree Limbs and Branches. I took a Picture of my Sacred Grove Altar with its Candles and Incense alite.

I also took a few more Pictures of the Grove. There is a Fallen Tree, and a Stump with a Gargoyle Glob on it.

I then set to work setting up my Tent and Sheltering. After finishing, I took a Picture of that too. I think I have gotten my Sheltering Equipment and Tentage Equipment just about Perfect.

So my Camp was set up at about 1:00pm, so I decided that in order to while the way the Time of the day, I would go off to get some Beers.

So I Hiked back out to the Road and grabbed the Bus to a Wine and Beer Store and I grabbed a 6 Pack. When I got back to my Campsite, the Candles I had lit was still Burning. I considered that a Good Omen.

So for the Rest of the Day, I Slowly Sipped 4 of the Beers and Meditated while listening to the Birds, and the Creaking of the surrounding Trees.

I thought about many things, such as whether the Eagles of the Eagle Cam are going to have their Eaglets Ok.

I also had some deep Philosophical Thoughts about a Curse I have on the Local Sports Team and whether or not it is actually Damaging to them or not.

And I thought about my Trip to the Stonehenge during Summer Solstice.

After a while, the Sun started to Set and I blew up my Surplus Canadian Army Air Mattress, which I had to buy after TwoWhiteSocks had Scratched my other one.
And then I turned in, crawling into my Surplus Canadian Army Sleeping Bag.

During the Night, the Air Mattress Slowly Deflated itself a couple of times, so that thing has turned out to be No Good. But I had some trouble with Overheating in the Canadian Army Sleeping Bag, so there is No Worries about that Sleeping Bag keeping me warm in the UK.

So I had a Nice Warm Night at my UBC Sacred Grove, despite having to get up to blow up my Air Mattress a couple of times.

During the Night, it Rained a bit, but the Sun came out at Dawn and everything Dried up rather quickly.

I had a quick Breakfast of an Apple and a can of Stew (which I had to eat Cold as I had forgotten my Camp Stove).

After Relighting the Candles and Insence of my Altar, I then sat down to enjoy the last Two Beers that I had.

When the Candles started to burn down, I proceeded to pack up my Camping Gear and headed back to the Road. I got back to the Road without too much trouble.

When I got home, I made some Modifications to my Sheltering Pack and rearranged my Gear a bit, and found my Stove and put it in.

I think I have just about got my Pilgrimage to the Stonehenge Gear just about Perfect.

After taking care of some Business Calls, I got out my Last Bottle of my 2006 Imbolc Spiced Apple Cider and went and split it with a Tenant who is accepting of Paganistic Tradition and Rituals.

So for the exception of a Leaky Air Mattress, my Beltane went Very Well.
:hahugh:

KNR

Mistletoe
May 2nd, 2006, 12:07 AM
Blessed Beltane everyone!!

thewhitetigress
May 2nd, 2006, 12:21 AM
Sounds wonderful kinoronin, happy beltane to you, glad the day went well for you.

Glanecia
May 2nd, 2006, 12:51 AM
Happy Walpurgisnacht!!!! :boing: :cheers:

Mnemosyne
May 2nd, 2006, 06:01 PM
Happy Belated Beltane!!
It's my favorite sabbat. I spent the evening outdoors with loved ones. So gogeous yesterday evening! :boing:

KiNoRonin
May 1st, 2007, 11:19 PM
Konnichi wa to All:

I just got back from my Water Gathering from the Joe Dec Creek.

I have twelve 4L Milk Jugs of Good Spring Water!

And I have Good News!

Someone built a Replacement Fountain there now! I am sooooo Happy!

It is a Small Little Jerry-Rig, but it works good.

Also, someone rigged a Hose System. The whole thing is really quite Good.

Unfortunately, I did not bring my Camera, so I was not able to get a couple of Pictures the New Foundation and Filling Hose.

I had a Very Good Beltane.

When I went to Work today, I took 5 tubes of Eucalyptus Incense with me and distributed them around to my Crewmates as Beltane Gifts. They seemed Happy with the Gifts.

Now I am watching the Vancouver Canucks Hockey game and relaxing on the Couch.

So how was everyone else's Beltane?

KNR

Metta
May 2nd, 2007, 01:04 AM
Due to conflicting schedules, my friends and I have to re-schedule our Beltane celebration for tomorrow.

Which, I suppose, is alright since I read somewhere that it is alright to celebrate Beltane three days before and three days after...certainly hope that's correct :P

KiNoRonin
May 4th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Konnichi Wa to All:

For me, I started my Beltane Celebrations on the Morning of May 1st when I got up out of Bed and immediately Turned My Apartment's Heat Off. I had been Too Hot the Night before and I decided that the First Thing to do to Start this years Beltane Celebrations was to Shut Off my Apartment's Heat.

The Evening Before, I had seen the Camping Van and had stopped by and seen the Night Before. I had arranged to have a Closer Look at it on Thursday Evening. I had already changed my RSVP to the Vancouver Occultist Meetup Group indicating that I was going to go look at the Camping Van instead.

So after being Satisfied that the Camping Van was suitable for my uses, I bought it and got it Insured in time for my Beltane Celebration at Zoe's Grove.

It was on Saturday, the 3rd of November that I did my Beltane Celebrations.

I got up Saturday Morning, and spent the Morning doing some Kitting Out of the Camping Van. I got the Bunk Bed set up for becoming TwoWhiteSocks Special Nook. I also got my Bed set up for that evening after the Beltane Celebrations were over.

Then at about 9:20am, I took TwoWhiteSocks with me, and I set off and put about $70.00 worth of Gas into the Camping Van. That filled the Camping Van's Gas Tank up to about Half Way.

I then went down to the Edmonds Skytrain Station and participated in a Stream Clean Out. It was an Event where the City of Burnaby had left a Dumpster and my Streamkeeper Group, and a Troop of Boy and Girl Scouts, went and Cleaned Out Byrne Creek.

I took a Wheel Barrow and a Rope and set off down the Creek to an area where there was an Old Rusty Water Tank that I had always wanted to get out of the Creek.

It was across a Major Tributary of the Creek. It was about 200 Pounds or so.

I Roped it up and proceeded to start Dragging this thing out of the Creek. I got it across the Tributary and up a fairly Steep Hill when some guy came along. He asked what I was doing and I informed him that I was a member of the Byrne Creek Streamkeepers and that I was Participating in a Charity Creek Cleanout. I then informed him that I was Working on getting an Old Hot Water Tank pulled out of the Creek that I had been wanting to get pulled out for quite some time now.

He then offered to help me. He gave his Name as Rob and informed me that he was a Welter Weight Boxer who had come to Vancouver from Merritt to Train and get in some Sporting Fights. His record is 9 and 2. When we got the Tank to the Wheel Barrow, he was Strong Enough to lift the Tank right into the Wheel Barrow.

So then we proceeded to Push the Wheel Barrow up out of the Creek, down through Ron Mclean Park, over some Railway Tracks and to the Edmonds Skytrain Station. I then dropped off the Old Water Tank.

I was Drenshed in Sweat!

So after that, I attended the Streamkeeper Information Booth and when everyone got back in with their Garbage Bags full of Garbage and had gotten all some Pictures taken, when headed off to the Eastbyrne Community Center for Hot Dogs and Hot Chocolate.

I did get a Picture of Rob the Boxer and I posing next to the Water Tank that we had pulled out of the Creek.

So we had Hot Dogs and then I went home.

I then got reorganized for Beltane Celebrations and at about 2:30pm, I headed off to Grimoires Books in order wish Pixie, the Store Owner, a Happy Beltane. I took TwoWhiteSocks into the Store with me.

Pixies-San Loves TwoWhiteSocks!

So we sat there and spoke of various Paganistic Ecumenical Matters. Then at about 4:15pm, I Wished Pixie-San well and set off for Zoe's Grove.

After stopping off at the Liquor Store, I arrived at Zoe's Grove. Zoe had a Paganistic Friend Karen there and I immediately showed them my Camping Van. They both Ooooed and Awwwed at TwoWhiteSocks.

Then Zoe and Karen both went off to the Liqour Store to get their own Drinkables for the evening.

After they got back, we got the Fire Started. It did take us a while to get it started as the Wood was a bit Damp.

But after getting the Fire Started, a member of my Druid Meetup Group arrived. Her name is Helen.

So I immediately took her so meet TwoWhiteSocks and to see my Camping Van. She Ooooed and Awwwed at TWS.

We then went back to the Fire and Zoe, who was acting as High Priestess of the Ritual, Opened the Quarters. She did Peace from the North, then the South, then the East, and then the West.

She then read some OBOD Poetry and their Druidistic Prayer that goes:
"Grant, O Mother Nature, thy Protection,
and in Protection, Strength,
and in Strength, Understanding,
and in Understanding, Knowledge,
and in Knowledge, the Knowledge of Justice,
and in the knowledge of Justice, the Love of it,
and in the Love of it, the Love of all Extistences,
and in the Love of all Existences,
the Love of Mother Nature and all Goodness.

Zoe then went Clockwise to me and asked me for my Offering. I then pulled out my 2008 3X3 Triad of Wisdom Composition called "What is Wrong with TV Cable" and made the Recital:

"What is Wrong with TV Cable:
- It shows Moronic Commercials.
- It Broadcasts Political Propoganda.
- And it Distributes too much Hype on Media Celebrates.

The Entertainment Media is a Zeitgeist of:
- Misinformation
- Distractions from Realty.
- And Public Manipulation.

Good Substitutes for TV:
- Is having Internet Access.
- The Company of Good Friends.
- And Spiritually Inspiring Music.

---------------------------------------------

The Moronic Commericials Distributes:
- The Need for Over-Consumption.
- Unwise Purchasing Practises.
- And Messages from Con-Artists.

Political Propoganda Causes:
- Hatred amongst the People.
- The Fear of Others.
- And Mindless Obedience of Authority.

Paying too much Attention to Media Celebrites:
- Reminds Us of what we are not.
- Causes Similar Behavior Patterns.
- And makes One long to become Famous.

----------------------------------------------

Social Dogmas Inspired by TV Media Causes:
- The Battles of the Sexes.
- Distrust between Friends.
- And Suspicious Attitudes.

Through the Internet:
- One is able to Post Ones Personal Opinions.
- Unwanted Information can be Screened Out.
- And there is better Communication between Peoples.

With Peaceful Music:
- The Soul is Enriched.
- One's Spirituality is Enlightened.
- And Stress is Relieved."

Then I took a Home Made Cup Holder that did not fit to the Camping Van anymore very well and put it in the Fire as a Sacrifice for bringing Luck to my upcoming Adventures in my Camping Van.

Then Helen and Karen then made their Wishes for Peace during the Beltane Season.

After all of our Contributions were done, Zoe then Closed the Circle and then we sat around until about 9:30pm, enjoying the Fire. It was then that I dug about 6 Bags of Manure into Zoe's Garden as my Good Deed for Zoe's Grove.

At 9:30pm, Zoe announced that she was wanting to go to Bed, so we all said our Good Byes and I retired off to my Camping Van.

It then had my First Sleep Over in my Camping Van. TWS seems to be Liking the Camping Van.

At about 6:30am, I got up, Started the Engine and back to my Apartment.

It was a Very Nice Beltane.

KNR - 3X3

WarriorZhanna
May 4th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Beltane is my favourite too. :) It's so inspiring, bright and makes me cheerful! Gotta love hearing the birds singing, the trees and fields blossoming and nature at its best!