PDA

View Full Version : Telekinetic metals?

arianrhods_daughter
May 21st, 2006, 11:54 PM
Out of all the metals that exist which one would be easiest to manipulate and why?

Psycmoe
May 22nd, 2006, 12:32 AM
I would imagine mercury, but I know very little.

arianrhods_daughter
May 22nd, 2006, 03:27 AM
I never thought of mercury, is it because of its liquid form you made that choice?

Starlight*Rains
May 22nd, 2006, 09:18 PM
gold is very pliable as well....just think of the new ring you bought and how after wearing it for an hour, it is already bent!

arianrhods_daughter
May 25th, 2006, 03:27 AM
Its also VERY expensive lol

Psycmoe
May 25th, 2006, 01:50 PM
Yes, because it seems to take very little force to move, and is readily available. Thermometers. You don't even have to break the glass, and you've already got a measurment fo your results.

Tanemon
May 25th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Out of all the metals that exist which one would be easiest to manipulate and why?

Just curious, 'cause I'm kinda unfamiliar... How will you work with it, once you have selected which metal?

:sunny: Tanemon

arianrhods_daughter
May 28th, 2006, 08:41 PM
Sorry I haven't got the internet at home at the moment down at the local library

I just wondering what metal people thought would have the easiest effect to move and why most people I've spoken with have said copper because its the best conductor of electricity and our minds are full of little electromagnetic pulses so thought it was an interesting discussion to see what other people would say

As for actually going about and doing something, well I guess it would be a basis of trial and error and a lot of practice there are a lot of "psi" discussion sites about that have a lot of different idea's about how to go about it

arianrhods_daughter
June 1st, 2006, 06:35 PM
Any suggestions on techniques once you've selected a metal?

Sev
June 1st, 2006, 06:47 PM
Well, I suppose it all depends on how the metal is actually manipulated. If telekinesis works by electromagnetic induction and manipulation of fields, then a loop of any paramagnetic metal, such as copper or aluminum, would work. If there're other forces at work, then mercury probably would be the best thing to play with, since small blobs are very easy to roll.

Of course, most of the spoon-benders like gallium alloys, since they soften and melt at body temperature.

CelticMoon11
June 3rd, 2006, 09:30 AM
I'd say Copper probably but Im not an expert, give it a shot and see how it goes? :)

Tanemon
June 3rd, 2006, 07:19 PM
Well, I suppose it all depends on how the metal is actually manipulated. If telekinesis works by electromagnetic induction and manipulation of fields, then a loop of any paramagnetic metal, such as copper or aluminum, would work. If there're other forces at work, then mercury probably would be the best thing to play with, since small blobs are very easy to roll.

I've read quite a few books published in the last 150 years about parapsychology (used to be called "psychic research"), and I don't quite remember for sure on this point, but... I believe "telekinesis" is the old term for de-materializing an object and re-materializing it someplace else... and that "psychokinesis" is the term used for mentally affecting an object in less dramatic ways using the intention. I believe "psychokinesis" is a term used mainly in the last 50 or 60 years or so.

CelticMoon11
June 4th, 2006, 05:09 AM
If it is then I've been under a rock for the last 60 years because I haven't heard of it :lol:

CelticMoon11
June 6th, 2006, 02:44 AM
Can you tell us more about it?

Tanemon
June 6th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Can you tell us more about it?
You didn't quote the person your asking this question of. We can assume you're asking arianrhods_daughter to tell you more about her "telekinesis" experiment, right?

CelticMoon11
June 6th, 2006, 10:58 AM
No about the term you used sorry I dont usually quote MW is too slow lol

Tanemon
June 6th, 2006, 08:25 PM
No about the term you used sorry I dont usually quote MW is too slow lol

Tele - at a distance, or from a distance... kinesis - moving or rekated to movement.

Psycho - having to do with the mind or psyche... hence, psychokinesis = moving by way of the mind.

Telekinesis used to be a term that covered various sorts of "moving from a distance" including the kinds of movement witnessed sometimes in seances, where (via a trance medium), objects would be made to appear... sometimes made to disappear from one place and appear in another. For this phenomenon, the term "apport" was sometimes used (but apport fell under the broader category of telekinesis).

Psychokinesis has been used at least since the 1950s, but I don't think that the scientific parapsychologists of the last 56 years have spent a lot of time focusing on trance-medium phenomena of the seance room... like they did in the 1930s and earlier.

I guess all this is splitting hairs, when it comes to what Daughter wants to do or try to practice doing.

CelticMoon11
June 6th, 2006, 09:08 PM
True but its interesting to know thanks for sharing! :)