PDA

View Full Version : July Writing Challenge Discussion

Akeyla
June 5th, 2006, 11:11 PM
So now that May is over we have all of June to discuss and fine tune what kind of challenge we want to do for July. I am hoping that more people will be able to participate this time, both in the writing and the voting.

Does anyone have any suggestions about what to write about. Here are some of mine.

1. Create a character and write a story based on said character.

2. Have a common theme, like summer vacation, or camping trip, or summer camp. Something like that.

I'll start with that. Any and all suggestions and comments are welcome.

RubyRose
June 15th, 2006, 12:44 AM
I like the first idea, personally. Give's a little more freedom.

halfwaynowhere
June 15th, 2006, 01:05 AM
i agree. the first idea seems like it would be really cool, reading different people's ideas of the adventures this one character would be experiencing... of course, i'm looking at this from a readers standpoint. i'll probably still try to write a story this month, but i'm not promising that it will be finished on time, i still haven't completed last months story!

argento_occhi
June 15th, 2006, 04:02 AM
If we did the character idea, perhaps there should be, I don't know, a few things about the character's appearance/personality/etc that should be included, or something like that, to see how everyone interprets and creates characters differently based off a small description or something. I think that'd be fun. Or perhaps give a broad description, or just give their job or something, like give a few prompts and leave us to work the rest out. Not that I'm not capable of creating characters all on my own, but I like the idea of prompts, forces you to think about how you're creating this character.

But, meh, I don't know. Did that makes sense at all? Just thought that could be an extention of the creating a character idea. But, whatever. Character creation is fun anyway.

Argent

Akeyla
June 15th, 2006, 03:17 PM
Do we want a description like this....

Name - Sebastien
Age - 28
Sex - Male
Hair color - brown
Eye Color - hazel
Significant Other Status - dating Lisa for 3 months
Occupation - Police officer
Special Skill - Martial Arts master
Location - Louisianna

Or something more like this.

Anne was a straight A student at the local college. It was her final year and she wanted this summer to be the best one yet. She had long black hair that fell to her waist and bright green eyes rimmed with a thick black line. People always said that they never forgot her eyes. Her mother said they came from her father, but she wouldn't know for sure, they had never met. She had two step brothers who were both in grade school and drove her crazy, but she loved them anyways.

So those are two options anyways, if anyone else wants to throw in a character synopsis, please do, and then we can decided which one to write about.