PDA

View Full Version : Determining bandwidth via phpmyadmin

amberlaine
February 1st, 2002, 07:41 PM
I'm trying to get an accurate figure of how much bandwidht my message board alone is using. Someone told me I can get the bandwidth usage from php myadmin.....but I"m a total php idiot and I have no idea where to look to find this info.

Anyone help me out with this one?

Myst
February 1st, 2002, 11:51 PM
I couldn't find anything about it but maybe van has some idea.

mol
February 2nd, 2002, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by amberlaine
I'm trying to get an accurate figure of how much bandwidht my message board alone is using. Someone told me I can get the bandwidth usage from php myadmin.....but I"m a total php idiot and I have no idea where to look to find this info.

Anyone help me out with this one?

Who told you that?

amberlaine
February 2nd, 2002, 06:06 PM
I"m guessing it's not true by your reponse. :p

Ok, in that case, I've been trying to determine bandwith usage, but the figures I"m getting through webalizer don'tmake any sense. What is a reliable way to check bandwidth usage?

mol
February 4th, 2002, 10:46 AM
Well, almost all bandwith checking will have to be done at server level. Do you think aletiahosting will let you install anything on their servers? Or will they do it?

amberlaine
February 4th, 2002, 11:28 AM
I don'tknow. I don't care *That* much...if its going to require effort, I'll just leave things how they are...I just thought there might be an easy way to determing my bandwidth. THanks though :)

mol
February 4th, 2002, 12:15 PM
I don'tknow. I don't care *That* much...if its going to require effort, I'll just leave things how they are...I just thought there might be an easy way to determing my bandwidth. THanks though :)

Well, I looked around and most bandwidth software is server level stuff. Although, you might be able to tag each page of your forum with an include that would measure the bytes tranferred then log them into a db or a flat file..

amberlaine
February 4th, 2002, 12:20 PM
huh?

Myst
February 4th, 2002, 01:15 PM
Uhm you put a little bit of code on every forum page that keeps track of how many times that forum and it's threads are loaded and writes it to a little file for you to look at later.. is what he means.

mol
February 7th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Myst
Uhm you put a little bit of code on every forum page that keeps track of how many times that forum and it's threads are loaded and writes it to a little file for you to look at later.. is what he means.

Yup. Thats what I meant.

Amber, I can fool around with something like this if you want. If I can get it to work accurately then I will let you know.

amberlaine
February 7th, 2002, 10:17 AM
That would be great hon. THanks :)

mol
February 8th, 2002, 10:28 AM
That would be great hon. THanks :)

You are welcome. I cant say it will be done in a real timely manner...but.... ;)

amberlaine
February 8th, 2002, 10:35 AM
*g* Don't worry. Sometime before May would be good :)

mol
February 12th, 2002, 10:31 AM
*g* Don't worry. Sometime before May would be good :)

I might be able to swing that..