PDA

View Full Version : Another balloon video

rickself
June 14th, 2006, 11:28 AM
This is another clip.
Sorry, but Photobucket (the video hosting site) only allows 3 minute clips. Kind of more of the same but maybe a little more movement.

Your comments are welcome, but please remember - I never said that this was an action movie up for an academy award.

But it is something I got on video.

http://s69.photobucket.com/albums/i44/rickself/?action=view&current=BalloonsWeb2mov.flv

mayu
June 14th, 2006, 01:25 PM
This is a better angle, its good because you can see that there is no wind interferance to begin with and the balloon is blowing away from the other one which isnt moving,

it might not be an action movie but hey its pretty cool.

rickself
June 14th, 2006, 01:39 PM
Thanks!

Trithemius
June 14th, 2006, 01:48 PM
Okay, after watching both videos, here are my impressions. The first one is interesting, but skeptics would dismiss it outright as being caused by slight air currents. There's nothing overtly paranormal being shown.

This second one is much, much more impressive. I must have watched it ten times in a row, looking for the tiniest sign of movement in the other balloon, and watching the motion of the first balloon. The other one just doesn't move at all. The first balloon moves away from the second, and more importantly, tilts away from the counter on the left side of the screen. If there had been someone hiding behind the counter pulling on the balloon, it would have angled in towards the counter. It doesn't do that though. I think there's more balloon movement in the first video, but having a second nearby non-moving balloon to compare the moving one to makes this video more valuable as paranormal evidence.

Incidentally, it was a good idea to have your wife (I'm assuming it was your wife) not zoom in on the balloon. When looking at a claim of paranormal activity, it's important to be able to see what's going on around the phenomenon in question to determine if there could be a mundane cause for it. Zooming in doesn't allow you to do that.

mayu
June 14th, 2006, 04:06 PM
its also intersting to note that at the begining of the film when no paranormal activity is going on the camera is clear, but when the balloon starts to move, "bits" start flashing onto the camera

Cindlady2
June 15th, 2006, 06:01 AM
I agree, a better view of the other balloon not moving makes it more impressive.