PDA

View Full Version : Indivisual Assignments

Autumn Clair
June 30th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Here we will work on your specific needs. Find your screenname here with your individsual assignment to work on. There will be Three Stages of assignments for each member. Post your progress in this thread.

Assignments Stage 1

OrionNeb87
Definitely with staying centered. I find that my mind is too active and I'm anxious a lot. I think I could use meditation to help get to a calmer, quieter state of mind so that I can focus more.

I would like you to practice visualizing a soothing smoking white light coming from your third eye area out five inches from your face the same size of your head when you are feeling anxious or overwhelmed with to many things to do or to much on your mind. Do this for 5 minutes. Not one minute less. Do this for one week. Post your progress when done.

High-Tech Redneck
I have been studying the wheel of life (medwheel) and seems to be alot of visualizing and meditating . I have tried a few times but can't get my breathing right, so I am working with a candle and it has seemed to help some but somthing is still not right . I am hoping this may help.

Greetings High-Tech Redneck your first stage assignment is this:
I would like you to practice still using the candle. Sit in a relaxed position watching the candle flame breath in as deeply as you can but without stress on the inhale. Next exhale with all that you have but not to the point of putting stress on your body. Once you found the range that is the depth you can go I would like you to focus soling on the breathing as you watch the flame. Do this for 5 minutes. Not one minute less. Do this for one week. Post your progress when done.

atropa
Well, I've tried afew different ways. The first experience I ever had with it was in middle school. Our English teacher did a guided meditation with us, and I think that worked pretty well. I didn't try again for a while, I don't think I realized that was meditation. I've tried other guided meditations, but always have a hard time visualing what they'e telling me before they move on. I've tried counting down accompanied by the color spectrum (red 7, orange 6, etc.) I can't tell a big difference. Maybe I just have the wrong expectations? I have had more success with a yoga dvd. At the end there is a very simple guided one, and it's very relaxing.

Greetings atropa your first stage assignment is this:
I would like you to practice visualization. Being yoga meditation works best for you stick with it. I'd like you to work on visualizing something you have a real interest in like if you like horsing visualize horses running across a field. See their manes moving their leg movement and so on. Do this for 5 minutes. You will have one week. Post progress here when done.

NOTE TO MEMBERS {If at anytime you're having difficulty with your individual assignments you may p.m. me or e-mail me at atmnclair@epix.net}

LiaWifeMother
My only problem with meditation was that I guess I gave up too soon! Oh, and with guided meditations, I always have trouble believing in them or I guess visualizing? I once listened to a pre-recorded one that was suppose to be very good, but it just didn't click with me.

*Would you care to share your meditation setting with the group?
I like to meditate someplace with natural sunlight. Usually I dislike the sun because it disturbs me, but I find it a gateway to embrace inner peace when I do have time for it. Sometimes I like burning a single candle or insence.
I'd like you to visualize natural settings. (3) all different! Visualize each one for 5 minutes. Do this for one week. Post your progress when your done. {If you need help with settings let me know and I'll give you 3 to work with but I'd like to see first what you can imagine}

Kmartin60
the first 2 meditations I made it this far and learned and saw so MUCH there! And my legs were not near as bad as had been, could walk a bit better....great all the way around! Both mentally, spiritually, physically...but the last several times I've tried? AAACCCKKK totally sputz. I dont know if I am having trouble getting my head still, or imaging sounds, but get startled out before I get past the path to the woods! ERRRRGGGG.

Greetings Kmartin60 your first stage assignment is this:
I would like you to work on your focus. Your assignment will have two parts. First I want you to focus on an object in front of you for 5 minutes blocking everything out. Next I would like you to go into your meditated state and focus on a tiny pepple in the water. The sun will be shimmering in the water but remember not to loose sight of that pepple. Do it for five minutes. When your done open and close your eyes see if you remember where that pepple is and pick it up. Do this for one week. Post here your progress when done.

proxieme
I've only really tried a breath-focused meditation, but I've done pretty well with that (though I'm the first to say that I'm just beginning).
I'll sit on a large pillow that I have and, well, focus on my breath for 25-30 minutes. Sometimes I'll visualize the breath flowing in and out of my entire body, but my mind's still a bit chaotic so I usually count each breath (in - one, out - one, in - two, out - two) up to 21 and then start over again.
If I start to wander, I'll start over again as well.
This has been really helpful so far; now, if I notice myself getting overwhelmed or at all spacey during the day, I can focus on my breath for a few counts and bring myself back into the present.
(That's is a big deal for me - I'm usually ADD like nobody's business :D )

I'd like to keep developing this track, but I'm also interested on some thought- or other-focused meditation and on at least exploring visualization techniques. I've just no idea on where to start with or go about with either of these.

Oh, I've also had an experience during meditation that was very...fizzy.
It felt like my whole body fizzed up (...I'm pretty sure it wasn't hyperventilation ;) ). What was that?

Greetings proxieme your first stage assignment is this:
I'd like to say your doing a great job with focusing on your breathing the next step to that is letting everything go. All your stress, everything on your mind to the point that your focus is not on your breathing your just there and doing it. So, keep doing what you are doing. At some point your mind will take over and just be in silence, empty of thought no numbers no focused breathing just doing. Next, I would like to give you a visualization technique to do just to get your mind off the numbers and the focused breathing.

I would like you to start your meditation as you always doing the breathing the numbers and by five I would like you see picture a butterfly just appearing out of nowhere flying in front of your face and going up into the sky. See if your still doing the breathing when this happens. Do this for one week. Post your progress here when done.

misfitroxy

I think my main problem is focusing my mind. There's just so many thoughts that run through it on a constant basis. And they just don't stop. While I love that I have an active brain, it's almost like living in a crowded room all the time and never finding a place for solace and quiet. I'm trying to get my life more organized to combat the voices that say things like "you should be cleaning your kitchen" or "don't forget to return your library books tomorrow" whenever I take a moment for myself. But I'm never going to have a "perfect" house or schedule, so I'd like to become more adept at shutting those thoughts out in favor of personal care time.

Greetings misfitroxy your first stage assignment is this:
I would like you to work on two things. You mention you like a physical focal point like singing. try just rubbing your finger tips together. Next Focus. I'd like you to imagine some place your very familiar with so familiar if something small was different you'd notice it. I would like you to imagine one thing in this place gone. At this point the bigger the object the better because you will go in stages making the object smaller. Work on this for one week. Post your progress here when finished. Remember a big object.

Riceko
These are the two main ways I like to meditate:

1. Laying on the ground, on a yoga mat. I relax my whole body and I deepen my breathing, but I get very impatient with it. And after about ten minutes of trying to relax, I just get bored and begin to think of other things I could be doing.
I lay down because I have a problem with sitting most of the time. Its just uncomfortable, and my feet always slide off my legs (I like the lotus postition) and when they are under my legs, they are just uncomfortable. So I like laying better, but maybe I can try some other sitting positions.

2. Again laying, I listen to a good repetitive drum beat. And most of the time, this works for me! I feel my body start to flow with the beat, I feel like I am swimming.. or flying.. or even just spinning. This is the best form of meditation that I have attempted so far.
The only problem with this is.. I dont get bored, but I just never feel like doing it. I always feel like I have better things to do, or I just put it off, or I'm too sleepy... and on and on and on.
Its like, I have a million excuses to use with myself to not meditate.

I wonder if maybe there is a teqnique (sp?) or an affirmation that I can practice to get myself more in the mood to do things, like meditation, or just spending time relaxing in general.
Its not that I have a busy life, I just play games most of the day... and I get out and take walks and do other things, but I can't seem to make space for what I really (on the inside) want to do.
I cant wait to hear from you!:hahugh:

Greetings Riceko your first stage assingment is this:
It sound like you need to work on two this. First really wanting to do meditation and second finding time to do it. You don't seem to have the motivation to really start meditating. So your assignment is a bit different. I'd like you to write done all the reasons you would like to do meditation and hoe you think it will help you. Next all the reasons why you don't found the time to do it.

Next I'd like you to take five minutes each day for the next week to just meditate the way your comfortable with. Pick a time when it's not going to be to late in the day for you to be tired. But, also pick a time where nothing will interfer with it because you'll be doing this for the next week at the same time everyday. With no exceptions.......... After one week post your progress here. Your main problem is just getting started and sticking to it so lets work on that first then we'll work on why other things come floating into the meditations.

moonbride
I have tried meditating several different ways. Laying down just doesn't work for me because even when I'm laying down to sleep I can't seem to stay comfortable for long and have to move around a lot. Sitting in a chair or on the couch seems to work best so that I can stay comfortable.

I've tried meditating with no sound but I have a horrible time not picking out every single sound I hear in the house; whether it be the kids, the house sounds or the traffic out on the street... and I do kinda live on a busy street so there's quite a bit of traffic. So what works better than anything is putting the earbuds in and listening to some peaceful music or even better yet, a guided meditation.

I have to try and focus on something or too many other random thoughts get in. That's kind of why the guided meditations seem to work so well for me. I just don't have very many or don't know where to get the good ones.

I have had a few very powerful meditations in the last few years when I actually sit down to do it. I am horrible with finding the time and more often than not that's just an excuse so I know I just need to bite the bullet and make it a habit.
I would like you to pick a time in your days to set aside just for meditation five minutes is all I ask. Keep it the same time each day with no exceptions. Next if guided medtitation works best stick with it. We'll be working on Strengthening visualization and there will be some work in there for helping you clear your mind as well. Lets work on getting a specific time set first.
Five minutes is not a lot to ask for but demand that time for YOU. Do this for one week. Post your progress here then.

Mystika
right now i think my main problem is i'm not sure what to do i'm very new at it.

Greetings Mystika your first stage assignment is this:
Go to the beginner thread and work on the breathing exercise, Find a comfortable position that will work best for you. Do this for one week. Post here your progress when done.

Gaia21
I love meditating but I have a problem focusing. Things keep popping into my mind and I have no idea how to stop them. I know your supposed to just let the thoughts just go out like they came in but it seems as though it never goes away. I'm sure my problems is because I dont give it enough time. I have my own magic room. I light incense andput on some music. I sit on a pillow on the floor and I imagine my peaceful space. I'm sitting in a meadow. THere are beautiful flowers and a nice waterfall. I imagine me in my space while I comcentrate on my breathing. In through my nose to the count of four and out through my mouth to the count of four. These are slow breaths. Sometimes I will go deep and sometimes I just cant focus enough. I know I"m probably expecting too much too soon and not really meditating on a continuous basis. I dont meditate every night, its kinda spiratic.
I would like you to start your meditation as you normally do but for this week your going to meditate to the point of not counting. How ever long it takes you to forget counting. Instead I want you to visualize a being coming through the waterfall, let me know what this being is when it finally comes through. Post your progess when done.

mysticwitch
My problem with meditation is that I cannot meditate. I have thoughts flooding my mind at every second of the day.. I try to go somewhere peaceful and light some insence but I keep thinking of things and I find quiet time at its worse. :(
Any ideas?
I would like you to visualize a protected circle around you bouncing off these thoughts. Thoughts carrying an energy all of there unknown it's invading your space. What ever thought comes into your mind I want you to visualize that same thought being bounced away. Do this for one week. Post progress when done.

Senushemi

Other than lack of time/energy for it? (Especially right now as my older son is out of school for the summer - the younger one is going to summer school and has to be ready for the bus by 6:50 a.m. - and I work nights :zzzzZZZ: ) I think my main problem is being able to focus and clear my mind - just can't seem to do it any more.

Um... well, a few years back I started meditating in the afternoons while the boys were in school - I was able to picture a stone staircase on a hillside, that led up to a landing surrounded by trees, with a small meadow in the center; the far side had a pond, with a waterfull coming down from a higher landing. My totem is the deer, and there was always one there, and once or twice I was able to ask a question and get a sort of answer; the deer didn't speak, but would look at the answer, directing my attention to the image so I would see it too.

After a while I was able to follow the deer up to that next landing, where a stream ran behind a small cabin.

Unfortunately I've not been able to meditate like that in 2-3 years. I rarely have time to try, and when I do try, I usually fall asleep before I can clear my mind enough to actually get anywhere with the meditation. [/quote]

Please let me know if I need to post this elsewhere to get the assignments going, or if you need more information, thanks! :)
A lot of us have a problem with just finding the time that's why for me I like active meditation which might be away for you to go. This why you can still do what you do and your not going to fall sleep.

Find a time when your doing something easy like washing dishes, keeping an eye on dinner cooking. I would like you to start right in with visualizing the deer walking out to the edge of the landscape on the higher level looking down at you watching you doing dishes or cooking whatever it is your doing being the deer into your world as you go into its reality. Listen to the water watch what the deer does. Speak to your totem let him know how busy you are I'm sure you'll find the deer very forgiving for not visiting in so long.
Do this for one week. Post your progress when done. Let me know how the deer responds to your visits in this way.

Gryphonmusic
I'm a beginner. I've tried to meditate a few times, usually I get bored.

Greetings Gryphonmusic your first stage assignment is this:
Go to the Meditation For Beginners thread and practice the breathing once you have that down I'd like you to come in hear and I'll give you a specific meditation to try lets see if we can't make it interesting enough so your not BORED. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Silvana
A few problems. It's hard to find the time or a quiet area to practice. Distractions peel me out of it so fast but I think I just need to try harder. I don't meditate very often - a thing I'd like to change. I think my biggest problem though is that when I start to meditate and it's working my mind screams - "AHH IT'S WORKING!" and then bang it stops working because I get over excitied.
Sometimes we just can't find a quiet place and as you meditate more and more you'll be able to block out the distractions that are thrown at you. Remember to remind calm and let yourself be filled with the silence. Let your mind take you on a journey see a stone pathway. Walk a long and see a green forest around you, a warm bright shine shining over head. Suddenly an animal appears it leads you the rest of the way up the pathway to an opening before you is a wide open field and............
Do this for one week. Post your progress here when done. Let me know what else you see.

argento occhi
Greetings argento, your first stage assignment is this:
Pick a way to meditate that works best for you. I'd like you to start your meditations like you usually do. If you need a starting point for your meditation I'll give you one. Let me know. Your assignment is to just find the most comfortable way for you and meditate. I'd be happy to give you a starting point for your meditation if you need one. Do this for a week and then post your progress here.

wolfso3d

I'm having alot of trouble getting my mind to quiet and I can't hope to do it without a little background noise. I tried and all I managed to do was freak myself out when the dogs started howling.

Another problem I'm having is I can't seem to do it without laying down. I just can't seem to relax enough.

Umm... Lying on my floor with a bit of light music in the background.
If laying down to meditate works for you do it. If you need that bit of music that's fine too. Some people meditate well with complete silence while others meditate well with soothing music. What ever way works best for you sitting, laying, kneeling, walking. It really all depends on the person. Does that mind your doing it wrong if your meditating laying down just because the books say not to. NO, whatever it takes to get you to that Inner Self level, do it.

Meditation has no specific way to do it or it's wrong. Sure those who do it a current way and it work wonders for them. They write a book and say This is how you meditate but really it's all about emptying your mind and reaching that inner realm. Where we feel totally at peace where no one or nothing can bother you. At lot of people say they can't quiet things in there mind. It takes time, it takes several tries, it takes letting go of the world and just being. You'll get there!

This is your assignment. I would like you to lay down, put your music on close your eyes feel yourself fill with the music and nothing else. Now imagine a place you've always wanted to be see it all around you and see yourself totally at peace nothing bothering you, no noise, no thoughts of work or daily things just being there. Do this for one week. Post your progress here when your done.
I can't wait to here how it goes. If you need anything get in touch.

shilasu
Mostly, I don't know what to start with. I've tried some different methods, but never found one that I could remember to stick to. Also, I tend to worry a lot if I'm doing it right. I know that doesn't help, but I seem to have an issue with that.

Greetings shilasu, your first stage assignment is this:
I feel your looking for a specific style to medition. So your assignment is going to be a bit different then everyone elses. I'd like you to do a google search on Different Styles of Meditation. Yoga meditation is one but more specific is something like Budduism. They meditate a specific way. So do a search and see what calls to you. Post back your the style you pick (which can be just trying it to see if it fits you. And we'll get you start on that style.

Gryphonmusic
July 6th, 2006, 01:39 AM
I've been trying breathing thing since you posted it, and it works for the first bit. After a little while, though, random thoughts jump into my head. Then, as I said, I get bored or I get frustrated with all of the random thoughts.

Kmartin60
July 6th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Hi, :wave: I kow sounds silly, but could'nt think of words I wanted to use.

Well, I started off trying to focus for 5 min. on a candle flame...did this for couple of days, several attempts...but I kept getting sidetracked by their song!.....
(No, I promise not crazy, & not over-medicated!:yayah: ) Just kept getting this wonderful...song, Like IT was happy to be lit to dance!
(I normally dont do candles, me & fire? As bad as me & electronics...shudder)
going to do it once more to try & write down what it was singing though!

Then I would do the 5 min. focus on my new screensaver...A beautiful cougar, peering out of hole in side on rock canyon wall...so, I scooted back several feet and focused....at end shut my eyes for a sec, and when I opened them she was LOOKING other way! Yikes! So, shut eyes again, and back to normal with a bit of a smile on her face....so, still trying on this one! But...it did feel good, and I was able to concentrate until....8O

The other part...the pebble in the stream...I get to my place, and walk up the gravel path visualizing everything...colors, smells, dew...sounds...turn and went to the stream, saw the sunlight on the little group of pebbles, at first...it just keep going deeper down in the stream...at the start, the pebbles were hard to see down deep! But as I practice they have started coming closer to the top....

these last few, it has been on the top and not as hard to keep it as the main pebble focused on...then, when I open & close my eyes...going back to that one pebble is not problem at all! Stands out real bright! It's only hard at the very start where the stream seems deeper, then ebbs down where the pebbles are near the top and easier to see.....so, still have LOTS of practice to continue with these 2.....:) sigh....better...still more to achieve, but better. Kim

Autumn Clair
July 6th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Second Stage Assignments

Kmartin60

Well, I started off trying to focus for 5 min. on a candle flame...did this for couple of days, several attempts...but I kept getting sidetracked by their song!.....
(No, I promise not crazy, & not over-medicated!:yayah: ) Just kept getting this wonderful...song, Like IT was happy to be lit to dance!
(I normally dont do candles, me & fire? As bad as me & electronics...shudder)
going to do it once more to try & write down what it was singing though!

Then I would do the 5 min. focus on my new screensaver...A beautiful cougar, peering out of hole in side on rock canyon wall...so, I scooted back several feet and focused....at end shut my eyes for a sec, and when I opened them she was LOOKING other way! Yikes! So, shut eyes again, and back to normal with a bit of a smile on her face....so, still trying on this one! But...it did feel good, and I was able to concentrate until....8O

The other part...the pebble in the stream...I get to my place, and walk up the gravel path visualizing everything...colors, smells, dew...sounds...turn and went to the stream, saw the sunlight on the little group of pebbles, at first...it just keep going deeper down in the stream...at the start, the pebbles were hard to see down deep! But as I practice they have started coming closer to the top....

these last few, it has been on the top and not as hard to keep it as the main pebble focused on...then, when I open & close my eyes...going back to that one pebble is not problem at all! Stands out real bright! It's only hard at the very start where the stream seems deeper, then ebbs down where the pebbles are near the top and easier to see.....so, still have LOTS of practice to continue with these 2.....:) sigh....better...still more to achieve, but better. Kim
I would like you to start off with the candle flame. Focus on it for now ten minutes or longer. I'd like to see if you can hear that song. {It was a very good responce. It shows your mind is open, focusing on the flame very well. I'm hoping with a bit longer you'll be able to go deeper into the meditation.
Next The cougar, the same thing you seen movement. That's a very good sign. I'd like you to to the same with this. Keep working on the focus. It will pull you deeper into a trance state. Your mind will be open. Let it flow see where it goes, what happens.
Third, The pepple I'd like to see you get the pepple it's great that it's moving to the top of the water for you. Try to do this for ten minutes or longer as well. Do this for one week and I await your progress. Great job!
:cheers:

Senushemi
Hello, AutumnClair - checking in after the first week's assignment, where you recommended that I try active meditation, visualizing my deer totem on the higher landing overlooking me as I wash dishes/cook/etc.

I did try several times, but I was constantly distracted. Either by the kids yelling/fighting/asking for things, or the dogs barking to be let in/out/fed/etc, or just having to concentrate on what I was doing (so I wouldn't cut myself on a knife while washing it or some such).

I was able to barely visualize my deer totem up there amongst the trees, mainly in silhouette, and usually just calmly munching on the grass; not actively paying attention, but present and patiently waiting for me, it seemed.

Not nearly as good as I'd hoped, but better than nothing, yes? :)

You obviously have a lot of distractions maybe you should start out with active meditation at night. I just posted passive and activemeditation in the Different types of Meditation thread.
Your Second Stage Assignment is this:
Read the Active Meditation information there. Then start out with trying before you go to sleep for one week. This should help open your mind to the alpha level and then try your meditation again during the day see if it's any better. Post your progress back here. Maybe you'll have better luck.

RunningRiot
July 9th, 2006, 05:03 AM
I've been totally whiped from work lately and the holiday weekend, plus the stress of moving, ugh..

I tried to vizualize a setting, but my mind kept hop-scotching back and forth between a desert and a snowy mountain until the two became one and it started to drizzle sand on the pine trees.

I'll start again tonight all over, this week should be less stressful.

Mystika
July 9th, 2006, 03:56 PM
i tried what it said in the beginner thread it worked for about a min or two then i couldnt stop thinking about other things

Autumn Clair
July 11th, 2006, 11:20 AM
I've been totally whiped from work lately and the holiday weekend, plus the stress of moving, ugh..

I tried to vizualize a setting, but my mind kept hop-scotching back and forth between a desert and a snowy mountain until the two became one and it started to drizzle sand on the pine trees.

I'll start again tonight all over, this week should be less stressful.

Time like these I like to do a cleansing meditation just because of all the stress.

Riceko
July 11th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Well I think I should post here :O

I have been bad, and didn't find the time to meditate everyday. There was a bad lightning storm near my house, and it fried my TV, the cable, the printer, the router, and my computer (I am on my moms). So I've been kinda stressed and found little time to settle down, even though I really had nothing else to do. Odd.

I downloaded a few breathing excercises from the internet and used them, although I had some trouble after about ten minutes... I got extremely bored and just gave up.
And a few days ago I had a drumming session, I tried to drum up energy for a friend... and I felt very invigorated. Like that first time I listened to a drum beat while meditating.
I will continue to try meditation everyday. Now that my computer is gone, I seem to have gotten back into the mood.

moonbride
July 11th, 2006, 01:54 PM
Greetings moonbride your first stage assignment is this:
I would like you to pick a time in your days to set aside just for meditation five minutes is all I ask. Keep it the same time each day with no exceptions. Next if guided medtitation works best stick with it. We'll be working on Strengthening visualization and there will be some work in there for helping you clear your mind as well. Lets work on getting a specific time set first.
Five minutes is not a lot to ask for but demand that time for YOU. Do this for one week. Post your progress here then.

I have definitely been making an effort to do this every day and I think I only missed one day... that was at or around the same time. I chose mornings when I get up. So sometimes it's not exactly the same time since I don't necessarily wake up at exactly the same time during the summer... but near to it. The one day that I accidently skipped, I still did it in the evening though.

What I think I need to work on now is taking a little more time. I've been giving at least the five minutes as instructed but it's not really been much more than that with the exception of a couple times and even then it was probably only about 10 minutes. Like I said in another post though, I still have four kids that live at home and they are constantly in and out and that's what makes it hard until they go back to school in the fall, but I am definitely giving it a shot anyway.

atropa
July 11th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Sorry I'm late... I have had a family emergency, so I've just begun the lesson. I have started with the visualization, but not with the yoga. It's an exercise posted in another class. It's actually a grounding exercise, is that ok? I usually have trouble with visualizations, but this one was easy for me.

Autumn Clair
July 12th, 2006, 10:36 AM
Sorry I'm late... I have had a family emergency, so I've just begun the lesson. I have started with the visualization, but not with the yoga. It's an exercise posted in another class. It's actually a grounding exercise, is that ok? I usually have trouble with visualizations, but this one was easy for me.

That's fine what ever works for you.

Senushemi
July 12th, 2006, 11:32 AM
Hello, AutumnClair - checking in after the first week's assignment, where you recommended that I try active meditation, visualizing my deer totem on the higher landing overlooking me as I wash dishes/cook/etc.

I did try several times, but I was constantly distracted. Either by the kids yelling/fighting/asking for things, or the dogs barking to be let in/out/fed/etc, or just having to concentrate on what I was doing (so I wouldn't cut myself on a knife while washing it or some such).

I was able to barely visualize my deer totem up there amongst the trees, mainly in silhouette, and usually just calmly munching on the grass; not actively paying attention, but present and patiently waiting for me, it seemed.

Not nearly as good as I'd hoped, but better than nothing, yes? :)

OrionNeb87
July 12th, 2006, 06:53 PM
I have been doing my first assignment and I've had no problem visualizing the light and whatnot. I have actually noticed an improvement in my focusing abilities and a quieter mind. The only problem I've been having is knowing when I have gone through a full 5 minutes. I usually end up a minute or two short which, as you stated, I shouldn't do. I was going to try setting an alarm but I thought that would be too harsh and it would end the meditation too abruptly. Any advice would appreciated. :)

Kmartin60
July 14th, 2006, 10:56 AM
:boing: I hope its OK to post my reactions here!...my mind is boggled...Sorry. I have been doing the 2nd stage, it has taken me a bit...(Lots of problems...sick calf, i got sick...ggrrrr) but! still....:hahugh:

OK...the flame part of the meditation...I have MOST of their song down...there are still parts of it that went to fast for me to catch and remember so will also continue this one not just till get the whole song, but the flame just seems so happy for someone to lit them and let them dance!
(shaking head, silly sounding I know) 8O

The pebble in the stream...this one has gotten SO much clearer! the stream doesnt start out as deep as it did at first, and have actually been able to GRASP the pebble! in last couple of meditations was able to grasp it from top of pile...warmth and tingles all up my arm and into my body! It was really incredible!

Just found the group one today, so will do it starting today, but will probably continue on with these 2 along with it on occasion!

:wave: Will post more soon! Brightest Blessings.....

celticfire
July 18th, 2006, 11:51 AM
i haven't gotten an individual assignment yet...but the only real problem i have meditating is finding the TIME. :)

RunningRiot
July 18th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Okay, I had alot more success this time. ^^

I chose the sea and it was a pretty long meditation, maybe ten minutes. I was swimming and looking at all the fish and the coral and it felt pretty real. I swam down into a cave where there were coins along a wall and I threw one in the water for each of my family and made a wish they'd be okay. Then suddenly a two-headed eel monster came and spoke to me and asked me what was wrong and that it could help me fix my problems, I told it my worries and it said everything would be taken care of.

I'm not sure what you had in mind for my experience but I hope that's okay. -lol-

My second meditation I chose the snowy mountains again. I was in a rose and as it bloomed I was looking up at the snow falling, it would land on my face and melt. I saw the trees and the mountains and it all felt very real.

RunningRiot
July 20th, 2006, 06:19 AM
I also imagined the mountains and the others, everything is really good this time.

Autumn Clair
August 1st, 2006, 11:00 AM
[quote=Kmartin60]:boing: I hope its OK to post my reactions here!...my mind is boggled...Sorry. I have been doing the 2nd stage, it has taken me a bit...(Lots of problems...sick calf, i got sick...ggrrrr) but! still....:hahugh:

OK...the flame part of the meditation...I have MOST of their song down...there are still parts of it that went to fast for me to catch and remember so will also continue this one not just till get the whole song, but the flame just seems so happy for someone to lit them and let them dance!
(shaking head, silly sounding I know) 8O

The pebble in the stream...this one has gotten SO much clearer! the stream doesnt start out as deep as it did at first, and have actually been able to GRASP the pebble! in last couple of meditations was able to grasp it from top of pile...warmth and tingles all up my arm and into my body! It was really incredible!

Just found the group one today, so will do it starting today, but will probably continue on with these 2 along with it on occasion!

:wave: Will post more soon! Brightest Blessings.....

Greetings Kmartin60 you're really doing a Great Job:cheers: .
Your third stage is this: Continue with the flame meditation. The next stage to the pebble in the stream. Once you have it in your hand let the pebble go, your concentration should be so strong that it floats in the air, sit upon the pebble.

Autumn Clair
August 1st, 2006, 11:27 AM
i haven't gotten an individual assignment yet...but the only real problem i have meditating is finding the TIME. :)

Your first stage assignment is this: I'd like you to take a moment to visualize a small fire burning, floating in the air about a foot in front of your face. This can be done while your active in your next two stages the flame will get bigger and further a way. Do this for one week and post your progress back here.

Autumn Clair
August 1st, 2006, 11:34 AM
Okay, I had alot more success this time. ^^

I chose the sea and it was a pretty long meditation, maybe ten minutes. I was swimming and looking at all the fish and the coral and it felt pretty real. I swam down into a cave where there were coins along a wall and I threw one in the water for each of my family and made a wish they'd be okay. Then suddenly a two-headed eel monster came and spoke to me and asked me what was wrong and that it could help me fix my problems, I told it my worries and it said everything would be taken care of.

I'm not sure what you had in mind for my experience but I hope that's okay. -lol-

My second meditation I chose the snowy mountains again. I was in a rose and as it bloomed I was looking up at the snow falling, it would land on my face and melt. I saw the trees and the mountains and it all felt very real.

You seem to be doing just fine with your meditations. Visualizing is very good, you seem to stay connected well. What exactually was the problem again?

Senushemi
August 2nd, 2006, 07:30 PM
*bump*

I think maybe you missed me in the shuffle, Autumn Clair - still looking for my second assignment. :)

OrionNeb87
August 2nd, 2006, 08:24 PM
*bump*

I think maybe you missed me in the shuffle, Autumn Clair - still looking for my second assignment. :)

Me too :)

Mordaen
August 2nd, 2006, 10:26 PM
2nd? I havn't goten my 1st yet but as she's having rl fun and madness I'm not too worried about it.

bleeh, got blackberry on my keyboard...

RunningRiot
August 3rd, 2006, 12:09 AM
You seem to be doing just fine with your meditations. Visualizing is very good, you seem to stay connected well. What exactually was the problem again?

This was a pretty rare time I got meditation to work for me, before I started this glass the images kept jumping from complete oppisites and I could never see anything.

Kmartin60
August 8th, 2006, 11:35 AM
HI! Hope all is well! (Other than heat...) :lol: Well I have been doing the 2nd lesson and incorporating the group one in with it! I still light the candles and listen to their song and kinda visit with them before I start the meditation deeper.......

Once I get to the part of path that veer's off to right to the small waterfall and the pebble's, I have gathered all my stress and problems into a ball of just not white light but of like neon electro-string thingy's? and then I picture the flower on my head and as it blossoms all that string mess just blows away! (And I feel so much lighter!) After it blooms, I slip into the little patch of water and let the small waterfall splash over me and as it cleans away any last ? (Dont know what to call it) I never take eye from the pebble...I then grab the pebble...and as I let it go it will hover for a few moments but not as long as I think it oughta! :yayah:
So, still have a ways to go on that part! As I get thru there and come back I open eyes to the cougar....and just watch her...and listen...she wants for us to go travel the paths and hunt! :lol: As I visit with her for a few moments it never fails one of my 3 cats come in for some cudlle time...hmmm...wonder if it is a after-effect? A connection from her? My old cat is NOT a touchy feely kitty...but its either this, or she is trying to buy her way into Heaven! :yayah:
Nothing caused more fear when she was young than having her come to rub against you! More often than not, you would be bleeding when she was done!
:yikess: Continuing on,

Riceko
August 9th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Yay I finally did my first week assignment!
I didn't have much time during the day (got a summer job. Bleeech!) so I meditated a little while before bedtime. I had a little trouble falling asleep... not as much as I expected though.

I partly combined this assignment, with one that I just barely read.. that you gave out. Each night I relaxed, quieted my mind.. and meditated on a place I feel I would be most comfortable. The first few nights, I found that a ledge on top of a waterfall was really appealing. Then a place by a lake.

Then on one of the last nights... something weird happened.
I felt like I was being sucked into my meditation... like for the first time, it was REALLY coming to life. And I felt my legs (which were straight) start to cross.. like how I saw myself in the meditation. This didn't at all feel like falling asleep... its hard to explain.
I had it happen one time before, when I was at my bestfriend's house... I just woke up in the morning and looked on the bottom bunk to see she was still sleeping.. so I kinda layed there for a few minutes with my eyes open and I didnt feel sleepy at all anymore. Then all of a sudden, I felt my whole body just lock completely up. I tried my hardest to fight it off.. but I couldn't move. I was COMPLETELY aware of my surroundings in the bedroom. Then I could hear the faint cries and screams of a male baby.
Then I could move again.. it was completely weird. And I think it had a connection with my mom's unborn child, who she had many dreams of, as a baby boy.

But I should probably get back to my current mediations eh? lol..
The last thing I noticed was the falling sleep.. and the connection to what I was meditating on.
Everytime I pictured the waterfall place... I had no trouble falling asleep (and I actually fell asleep while in meditation once.
But when I pictured the lake, I seemed restless, like always.

It was interesting :P

Gryphonmusic
August 14th, 2006, 09:19 PM
I've been meditating every night. I still can't do it for long but I can get into it faster.