PDA

View Full Version : I asked for all the Sabbats off from work

Rhianna813
June 30th, 2006, 04:46 PM
So now that I am a parent and life feels busier than ever... I have decided to make celebrating our holidays important and hopefully less stressfull. To do this I am not working on those days! So I sent a note to my supervisor with what looked like a bunch of random Tuesdays here n there for the year and asked for them off.

Approved.

So this Summer Solstice was the first one and it felt great to have the day off to spend with my family. My family being my 2.5 year old son and my husband who is the stay at home parent. We have a great day and it was more stress free because I didn't have rush home from work and fit a whole holiday into one evening.

It was also nice that when I got back to work Thursday like 3 people wished me a Happy Solstice and asked what I did to celebrate it. Nice!!

Anyway, do others here take the day off (if you can) or have you considered it?

VelvetBlade
June 30th, 2006, 04:50 PM
Have you been told yet that you're working Christmas? lol

Good for you for being able to take days off..

~VB

Rhianna813
June 30th, 2006, 04:53 PM
hehehe no. I didn't say why I needed the days and actually the online form we use doesn't ask why. It's just the vacation days I acrue. Which I have way too many of because sadly I don't have a well trained back up for my job so I hardly ever take more than a day off at a time.

Plus our whole site is closed on Xmas anyway. I work at a software company.

Ravenna Angellin
June 30th, 2006, 07:21 PM
I used to work for a mortgage company, and I asked for the sabbats off. My boss got really snippy about it "religious holiday, my ass!" he said. But as luck would have it, one of my teammates was Wiccan and she and I went about "educating" our boss to the the significance of our holidays, lol.

It's refreshing when you don't have rush home and try and get things ready for a sabbat.

~ Ravenna

Marcasite
June 30th, 2006, 07:27 PM
My SO takes the sabbats off :)