PDA

View Full Version : blacking out

tube527
February 9th, 2002, 02:53 AM
To anyone interested-
I've decided to post this cause I'm really not sure what is going on w/me.......I think I have this medical problem. I pass out randomly..it has happened to me three times over the past year and it happened to me once again tonight, but tonight it occured three times in a row. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on what might be happening to me? Could it possibly be I'm lacking something in my diet, or is it something severe? It occurs very rarely, but I think I have pinpointed it to every few months......I am very confused!!!!!
Tube

Myst
February 9th, 2002, 03:24 PM
This kind of problem isn't something to ignore. You could have an injury, brain damage, brain cancer that's pressing on an artery, or worse.

See a doctor now.

Nyx
February 9th, 2002, 05:57 PM
I think that any time anyone experiences ANYTHING out of the ordinary, like blacking out, for instance, they should see a doctor right away. I do not think posting about the problem on a message board is wise because posting does NOT give one the medical attention they need!

As Myst pointed out, your condition could be very serious, or it could be benign. You may be having seizures...but you will not and cannot know for sure, unless you see a doctor!
I urge you to see one as soon as possible!

NeoPhoenix
February 9th, 2002, 06:16 PM
Yes please see a doctor, but when you do make sure your room mate drives you, I would hate to hear that you blacked out while driving and got into an accident.

Draconis

tube527
February 9th, 2002, 07:25 PM
I am aware that posting on a message board doesn't help the situation.....yet this doesn't happen all the time and I know when it will happen, as I stated in my original message......I was just wondering if there is a possibility of lask of sodium, or something to that effect...

Myst
February 9th, 2002, 07:48 PM
No, there isn't. You don't black out from not having enough salt.

You black out from a serious problem that you should be seeing a doctor about.

http://health.yahoo.com/health/dc/003092/0.html

Nyx
February 9th, 2002, 07:48 PM
And I think you should follow the advice of those who have posted and see a doctor as soon as you can. You're doctor can tell you if you're problem is dietary, or otherwise. He or she is also better able to diagnose you, since they can examine you, and a poster cannot. (unless, of course, they happen to be your doctor! :) ) the fact is, a doctor or nurse, is far better able to diagnose you than we are. Yes, some doctors probably do post and ead here, but I think they would urge you to consult your own doctor, even if they suggested a possible diagnosis. It is the best way to assure accurate treatment.

And Neo Phoenix has a point, you should have a friend drive you, just in case you feel a fainting spell coming on.

I MY opinion, and my opinion only, I feel the BEST way to find out about any potential medical condition is to see someone trained in medicine. If cost is problem, orif you do not have a personal phsyician, most areas have a low cost or free clinic, which can also provide you with answers, or a referal to someone who can help you.

I hope you follow the advice of those who have posted so far and, get well soon! :)

flar7
February 11th, 2002, 03:56 AM
hospital emergency rooms are obligated to treat you by law,
regardless of your condition to pay.

tube527
February 11th, 2002, 04:19 PM
wow, I didn't know that little tidbit of information! I am doing fine for all of your information...thank you for your concern w/this matter!

mol
February 12th, 2002, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by tube527
wow, I didn't know that little tidbit of information! I am doing fine for all of your information...thank you for your concern w/this matter!

Have someone else drive you to the doctor.

;)

Danustouch
February 12th, 2002, 01:07 PM
My father started blacking out a while ago. He'd start laughing, or coughing, and all of a sudden, just slump in his chair, and completely black out. It was very scary, and very wierd, because it could happen anywhere, at any time. At the dinner table, behind the wheel of a car, at work.....

Get it Checked...soon. And I totally agree with Mol. Until you get treated, and figure out what is wrong, best not to do anything which could put you in danger. No driving, i wouldn't go taking walks alone..operating heavy machinery..etc. Make sure you let others around you know what is going on..so say you black out in the bath, you don't like..drown yourself..etc.

Oh..in my Dad's case, it was throaght pollyps. What would happen is that they would occasionally swell, and cut off his air supply. The blacking out was an automatic response/defense mechanism, that his body would go into, so that the pollyps would go back to normal, and he could breathe again. Then he'd wake up. He got them removed, and is fine today :)